The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a lot of 19year olds got Supras for christmas?

Blackie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KDE 4.2 is looking like it might finally tempt me away from 3.5.

I'm just trying to work out how to upgrade to 4.2 from 3.5 and so far I can't work it out.

I'm wondering if my base install of Ubuntu 8.04 with the Kubuntu desktop installed is going to be the killer or maybe I can just upgrade!

BTW here's a handy little Gnome/KDE tip. If you have a bunch of programs open you can flick between them by moving your pointer over them (on the taskbar) and rolling your mousewheel up or down. It's brilliant.

I'm just trying to work out how to upgrade to 4.2 from 3.5 and so far I can't work it out.

I'm wondering if my base install of Ubuntu 8.04 with the Kubuntu desktop installed is going to be the killer or maybe I can just upgrade!

You should just be able to upgrade to 8.10 http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

That gives you KDE 4.1, then you need to add an additional repository if you want to upgrade it to 4.2 as it's still in beta.

Instructions for upgrading to 4.2 here http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-4.2-beta-2

I'm using 8.04 too, will probably upgrade to 8.10 and KDE 4.2 once the final version is released end of the month.

Edited by Thorin (see edit history)

i bought mine when i was 19, and know quite a few regular posters on here of a similar age that look after there car regardless of cost. Those that buy them and dont look after them because they cant afford them will soon move along and its not like there's a shortage of supras either if a handful of them die. Scoobies have had the "chav/darn youngsters" image for years and i still wouldn't mind buying a P1 one day. No matter what sports car you have someone is going to label you as something or other, if it bothers people about the image their car is giving off then buy a nice new little fiesta and blend in.

i bought mine when i was 19, and know quite a few regular posters on here of a similar age that look after there car regardless of cost. Those that buy them and dont look after them because they cant afford them will soon move along and its not like there's a shortage of supras either if a handful of them die. Scoobies have had the "chav/darn youngsters" image for years and i still wouldn't mind buying a P1 one day. No matter what sports car you have someone is going to label you as something or other, if it bothers people about the image their car is giving off then buy a nice new little fiesta and blend in.

Good post, All cars get touched with a label whether it be race, sex, group etc......there was a Bentley Continental GT Convertable flying around Leeds this Summer and was being driven by a 20ish year old bloke with a vest and trackie bottoms on with socks over the bottom of the trackies, blasting out B-lines!

4 years ago i tought i'm ready to buy my dream's car and i was 22 after checking for a insurance qoute,a cheap one was 6000£ so i had to wait another 4 years and here i am now after 14 months from the purchase date i can say is not cheap to have a supra, i can't see a 19 years old guy driving a supra more then 3-6 months

In the end of the day what differance does it make, this all seems a bit bitchy if you ask me but then you might put that down to me owning a n/a and being 23, even though I was raised around cars and motorsports, rallying mainly. Is it to hard for people to recognise the fact that people do see the supra as a soon to be classic and a much loved car weather it be forced induction or not or if it has a lairy body kit, either way its each to his own, and the fact i aint complaining as a few more scrappers giving up spares sounds good to me.

BTW here's a handy little Gnome/KDE tip. If you have a bunch of programs open you can flick between them by moving your pointer over them (on the taskbar) and rolling your mousewheel up or down. It's brilliant.

I'm trying Kubuntu on my old computer. When i open an application such as Firefox or something i get a distorted window for a split second before going normal. any ideas why? It has the latest Nvidia drivers on. Not really an issue, would just prefer it not to do it.

who thinks its a chav thing to drive round with the speakers blaring?

i ask because most chavs drive with ridiculously loud bass....not much anything else sound wise.....and i drive around with loud..ish music on except its generally 80's rock and i'm 22! does this make me a chav?....oh yeah and i dont have a sub in the boot

i ask because most chavs drive with ridiculously loud bass....not much anything else sound wise.....and i drive around with loud..ish music on except its generally 80's rock and i'm 22! does this make me a chav?....oh yeah and i dont have a sub in the boot

Yes, alas, your car is orange so you are a chav with a fast and furious fixation :p

Driving around with loud 80's music playing?

mmm...Your condition sounds serious. I was there the first time and that was no excuse. I need to go away and think about this.