The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a lot of 19year olds got Supras for christmas?

Blackie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant t see why evryone has to have digs at eachother, we should all be having these pops at skyline owners ther the problem.

I had my supra n/a when i was 18, im 21 now, nearly 22 and i have slowly added to the car as i have learnt to drive it. since i baught the 225 bhp bog standard manual i first cahanged things like suspension and brakes to improve the handling charicteristics befor being happy enoughf to fit a single turbo , the car is currently around 330 bhp and i love it. Now when im happy with the car again and i dont feel m likely to destroy it due to not having the relivant experience of driving a powerfull car , i will upgrade the injectors and h/g and look for 400bhp , and so on ,

i know it would be easyer to sell it and buy a TT but it was my baby when i baught it and iv got an attachment to it so id rather gradually buld it up knowing its still the same old lil n/a underneath,

so thats why i like the cheap n/as , and the previously stated fact that chavs will buy them ruin them and we who love our cars can get cheap parts :)

wierd forum, but i have had my supra since i was 20 and i luv it!! all though you say young drivers are wreckless most off which are, i have been driving HGV's,Coaches,Ambulances,Off road 4x4,20000ltr fuel boswers,a hugh range off cars since i was 18, all this due to being a driver in the military :) also have a full ADR lience and my advance drving certificate!! now i have 5 years no claims! never had a bump/accident i think am a good driver but am also what most people call a chav, but apperance and looks maynot appear as the do, some young people maybe paying out there arse for insurance aswel!! mine is very cheap !! :)

cant t see why evryone has to have digs at eachother, we should all be having these pops at skyline owners ther the problem.

I had my supra n/a when i was 18, im 21 now, nearly 22 and i have slowly added to the car as i have learnt to drive it. since i baught the 225 bhp bog standard manual i first cahanged things like suspension and brakes to improve the handling charicteristics befor being happy enoughf to fit a single turbo , the car is currently around 330 bhp and i love it. Now when im happy with the car again and i dont feel m likely to destroy it due to not having the relivant experience of driving a powerfull car , i will upgrade the injectors and h/g and look for 400bhp , and so on ,

i know it would be easyer to sell it and buy a TT but it was my baby when i baught it and iv got an attachment to it so id rather gradually buld it up knowing its still the same old lil n/a underneath,

so thats why i like the cheap n/as , and the previously stated fact that chavs will buy them ruin them and we who love our cars can get cheap parts :)

Its all just banter,helps to keep the place interesting:)

Just imagine if there was no Michael around?;)

Go on then. I'll bite.

400bhp from an NA. Do explain.

I had a Supra N/A at 19 and I was fine with it...I had a few hairy moments just like a few of us members has probably had...

But on the whole, the N/A taught me how to drive and suprisingly, I had a very good job which paid very well which I could afford to run, maintain and tune the N/A...

So I bought a TT at 21 and I was doing just fine until I was made redundant...:(

I am on my 3rd supra now bought my first when I was 19 cost me £7500 there was under 15 supra’s on auto trader at that time. It took me ages to find one, I had to travel so far as well now there’s pages and pages and pages .It’s just my two penny worth but I believe the reason why they are so cheap and this was happening before the recession same as the rx7's and r33's because they got over imported.

I work near Southampton you can see in a1 car auctions just the amount of stock they have coming in always supras’ always skylines as if there isn’t enough of them for sale on piston heads and auto trader already. Sadly I have to agree with some comments the class of ownership has dropped, but petrol will go back up and so you know the government will tax these cars harder again soon so hopefully it will keep the chav’s off.

I have Seen a few user comments on here about na’s are **** but at the end of the day it looks the same as a tt or a single in my opinion it does not matter, if some chavs in my street go and buy na’s it would put me off mine it wouldn’t feel so special anymore. Maybe time to move on to something that costs a bit more, sadly after all it is starting to become an old car. :(