The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a lot of 19year olds got Supras for christmas?

Blackie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arr, ye be pirating again I sees.

Word of advice, if you want to comment on a thread, read it first.

HTH.

Land ahoy etc...

Think you've been watching too many pirate movies :D if your really a fan of them i can look for a eye patch and a wooden leg then you can go around and be one ;)

Theres 14 pages which would take forever to read i simply asked was that the jist of the thread.

Think you've been watching too many pirate movies :D if your really a fan of them i can look for a eye patch and a wooden leg then you can go around and be one ;)

Theres 14 pages which would take forever to read i simply asked was that the jist of the thread.

Your guess is as good as mine, and I've read it all! :)

Arr, ye be pirating again I sees.

Word of advice, if you want to comment on a thread, read it first.

HTH.

Land ahoy etc...

I'm sorry Claire but...:rlol: You have to see the funny side of that:D

As for the thread, I've not read it fully but I dont mind young drivers buying supras as long as they drive them properly, dont cock the look of the car up and dont come on here chatting crap (and writing like they are texting their mate 'Wazza' or something;)):)

As for the thread, I've not read it fully but I dont mind young drivers buying supras as long as they drive them properly, dont cock the look of the car up and dont come on here chatting crap (and writing like they are texting their mate 'Wazza' or something;)):)

I do see the funny side :p. It just gets boring real quick ;). Yeah i agree you do have people that will only buy the supras to look good or whatever :rolleyes:. But we can't tar everyone with the same brush.

Not read it fully but picked up "The jist" :)

I do see the funny side :p. It just gets boring real quick ;).

Dont keep putting yourself in the situations then ;)

Indeed. But if a large number of 'boy racers' start buying supras, be it NA's or TT's, and start treating them like their Saxo's etc then that is what will happen. 206's, Corsa's, etc have that perception now.

yeah definintely agree there. I'm still waiting for that to happen over here.. You still see very little around whether they are NA's or TT's. I think its the high insurance and tax that puts people off them over here.

Hands down, I agree - I wanted a Supra that was as stock as possible. The only things that came with it was the Stainless steel exhaust and the deepdish alloys - everything else is standard - even the CD player...which skips over every little bump...and the radio...which gives nothing but static....

It's also because if something went wrong, I wouldn't know the first thing on how to fix it. But that's partly why I'm here, asside from getting to know like-minded people, it gives me a chance to understand more about what to expect from my Soop.

Edited by DanGX
spelling. (see edit history)

dont hold your breath. my uk spec radio is a pile of shit aswell :p

traveling from northampton to sheffield i have to tune the radio 5 times (i have 5 presets) just so that i dont get static after 15 mins of driving :p.

The CD player only accepts CDs after the car has warmed up and its had a cup of tea (not too milky (skimmed milk)) with 4 digestives (chocolate). And only then it plays when it feels like it. :p

Hands down, I agree - I wanted a Supra that was as stock as possible. The only things that came with it was the Stainless steel exhaust and the deepdish alloys - everything else is standard - even the CD player...which skips over little bump...and the radio...which gives nothing but static....

It's also because if something went wrong, I wouldn't know the first thing on how to fix it. But that's partly why I'm, asside from getting to know like-minded people, it gives me a chance to understand more about what to expect from my Soop.

Thats the right attitude:)

I've only been on here for two years, but have seen a lot of young guys who dont really care about any of that. They have been more interested on which BOV sounds best:D They dont seam to stick around for that long though thankfully. By all means put a nice subtle kit on and look at increasing power (as long as you know how and when to use it), just dont expect a lot of sympathy if you want to live like "The Fast and The Furious";)

Sadly I have to agree with some comments the class of ownership has dropped, but petrol will go back up and so you know the government will tax these cars harder again soon so hopefully it will keep the chav’s off.

So people that havent got lots of money and chavs are the same thing?

I got my TT at 22, i have never had a powerfull car before but a fair few RWD cars. I ive had it maybe 5months now and i still dont think i've driven it "properly". Just take it easy and learn how to handle it.

Simple.

Maintaining it i have money stashed aside just for the car incase stuff happens!

Guest larteyc

Seen some lovely comments about N / A's... well I have one and still have porsches moving out of the way for me... still wouldnt mind being in a TT to see what it's like, but my car can still scare me (DON'T put my foot down in any gear but third round a corner)! Have had people ask me what it is (philistines) and these are people who claim to love cars. Not done a thing to mine, the exhaust and split rims were on it.. apart from tidying up the interior and mebe the engine bay; that's the way she is gonna stay!