The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have a lot of 19year olds got Supras for christmas?

Blackie

I had a nissan pulsar GtiR (340bhp) at 21 and learnt the hard way about respecting powerfull cars, I turned it on its roof at about 80mph I did not have a scratch on me luckily, it was on a big empty straight road at 12 oclock at night, Basically I put my foot down and it made powerslide into a curb But it was a good wake up call for me to slow down.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

APOLOGIES TO BLACKIE.

Sorry mate if I knew this thread was goin to grow like a snowball going down hill i'd never have posted what I did.

Most of my threads do, What was it you said? I cant be arsed to read through :D

Yeah, just imagine ;)

(You walked into that one, which is significantly faster than your car, some might say :))

Mrs Drew wanted to buy it badly i remember :p

Edited by Blackie (see edit history)

WHAT EVERRRRRR,

im 18 and have a supra, ill be driving it this year:p

WOW, seriously, i wish i was as lucky as you.......

Way i see it is my car at the moment is worth more than yours, so i dont think im doing to badly for myself, i just thank god that it is reliable, could i really cope with having a car off the road when my Uni is 30 miles away? no

infact it doesnt really bother me, if i want to drive a supra, i have robs, and that to me, is better than driving a NA auto ;)

Keep telling yourself that Blackie ;)

seriously though, my horses are more important, we have plenty of nice cars in the family, so i dont want to put myself in debt just to add another one :)

Just think, you may have more horses in your possession, than he has in his car! ;)

:D

Keep telling yourself that Blackie ;)

seriously though, my horses are more important, we have plenty of nice cars in the family, so i dont want to put myself in debt just to add another one :)

Its just a matter of whats more fun for you personally really :) From what was said earlyer, All due respect to little Kev (Coolsblue) we have had to listen to a step by step build off him and he has done it all himself with working to pay for it and everything so he is exempte from the "Chav in a Supra thing" imo ;)

Guest damelza

makes me feel a bit tight chested all this talk of them getting in the wrong hands, especially after seeing that youtube vid of total abuse earlier on.

I'm trying Kubuntu on my old computer. When i open an application such as Firefox or something i get a distorted window for a split second before going normal. any ideas why? It has the latest Nvidia drivers on. Not really an issue, would just prefer it not to do it.

Not running it as a Virtual machine are you?

I'm testing Kubuntu 8.10 on a virtual machine and that does what I believe you are on about too.

A colleague is running 8.10 (not as a virtual machine) on an identical machine to mine though and no such issues.

N/a cars are cheap, what do you expect.

Not to run, no. They have components that wear out and need replacing just as much as on TT's, new suspension is as much for an N/A as a TT, new wheels, new tyres. Thats why a lot of newbies sell up within a few months of buying, they don't realise how much older models (although cheap to buy initially) cost to run. I don't think there are many 19 year olds on a good enough salary to pay for supra's, beer AND drugs :D