The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right can't put up with it any more, Does anyone know where the annoying auto bleeper is when you reverse so i can rip it out :)

It's in the back of the dial cluster where the twist fit bulbs are.. Mine didn't last long before getting taken out either! :D

Well thats 1000 miles, Just got back from a weekend driving in the lakes. What fun that was. Oil change and oil cooler fitting on Sat ready for mapping on sunday. Cant wait :)

Loving the clutch now its bedded in. Really nice feel to it and not as grabby as when I first started to use it.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Loving the clutch now its bedded in. Really nice feel to it and not as grabby as when I first started to use it.

Are you still running the RPS 6 puck clutch? Is it noisy at all, either on idle or whilst driving?

remember thin, light clothes and battery powered fan. :D

to be honest i dont the fan will do out cept turbo charge hot air in my face!! i was thinking just leaning out the window all the way with the vid camera!! :D

Mike is right, this no aircon idea was stupid :D Turbo charged warm air is better than no air at all though.

Have you got a CB radio mate, got mine out but its knackered :(

Are you still running the RPS 6 puck clutch? Is it noisy at all, either on idle or whilst driving?

Yep still running the 6 puck and RPS lightened fltwheel. I hated it at first but now its bedding in its getting much better. It is very noisey though, even more so with the flywheel. Chetters about on idle and has a odd wine under heavy load when low down the rev range.

perhaps someone can explain the chattering bit on idle to me. Is it just the clutch plate chattering against the flywheel?

Mike is right, this no aircon idea was stupid :D Turbo charged warm air is better than no air at all though.

Have you got a CB radio mate, got mine out but its knackered :(

oh so now you relise it was a bad idea!! haha :D ermm i cant say i have mate :(

as for the chattering of the clutch etc as far as im aware the v160 thats to blame. Its just a noisy tranny, thats why toyota used a dual mass to dampen the noise, lightened fly wheels dont have that dampening the stock flywheel does

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

Yep still running the 6 puck and RPS lightened fltwheel. I hated it at first but now its bedding in its getting much better. It is very noisey though, even more so with the flywheel. Chetters about on idle and has a odd wine under heavy load when low down the rev range.

perhaps someone can explain the chattering bit on idle to me. Is it just the clutch plate chattering against the flywheel?

I'm contemplating a new clutch but I really don't want any noise, especially on idle. I'm not holding my breath though :(

RPS street max with stock flywheel, mine is silent and has took plenty of abuse for the last 16k.

Really? I already have a new (900 miles) flywheel so will only need the clutch. Does it feel anything like the OEM clutch?

(Sorry about the thread hi-jack).

simple fix with lightened flywheel is to raise the idle slightly till you cant hear the chattering

That would be about 2k then :blink:

Really? I already have a new (900 miles) flywheel so will only need the clutch. Does it feel anything like the OEM clutch?

(Sorry about the thread hi-jack).

All on topic :)

I recon with stock flywheel it would be much quieter, Rob sheffield is runing the same clutch with stock flywheel.