The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOT passed so it all ready to collect. Paul was supprised how quiet it is on the tanabe, unfortunatly I've not got enough time to run it in for mapping on Sunday so we are going to get some basic mapping done next wednesday. If time permits we are going to do a static noise test too.

Just need to tax it now, oh and get myself down to London on Saturday :)

awesome! thats great news mate :) suprised you dint drop a set of cams in there actualy but dam man no air con! :( haha

Cheers Dude. Was thinking about cams but ill stick with the J-Specs for now and maybe do it later. Have to stop somewhere, even though Paul does a great job in helping you spend money ;) No Air con will be fine :blink:

Good job, bet you can't wait till she's run in.

Tell me about it, going to be driving everywhere this weekend to put some miles on her ready for wednesday.

Well today unfortunatly did not go to plan. Or should i say my plans certainly did not involve a recovery truck for the M6 journey north :(

Looks like the issue that caused the problems in the first place back in october have returned to haunt me. Car ran perfectly for the M1 stretch then filled her up and 6 miles later as i got to j2 of the M6 the AFR's were all over the place and she is missing again. Hunting for an idle, poping etc.

So I need to get hold of a crank position sensor to rule that out but Im wondering if the fuel in the tank would have gone off if its been in there since october? I know if its open to air race fuel does but as the tank is vented would the same occur to road fuel?

That may explain why the AFR's are all over the shop and now when the car is fired up its at 14.7 for a brief period and then down in the 11's????

Well today unfortunatly did not go to plan. Or should i say my plans certainly did not involve a recovery truck for the M6 journey north :(

Looks like the issue that caused the problems in the first place back in october have returned to haunt me. Car ran perfectly for the M1 stretch then filled her up and 6 miles later as i got to j2 of the M6 the AFR's were all over the place and she is missing again. Hunting for an idle, poping etc.

So I need to get hold of a crank position sensor to rule that out but Im wondering if the fuel in the tank would have gone off if its been in there since october? I know if its open to air race fuel does but as the tank is vented would the same occur to road fuel?

That may explain why the AFR's are all over the shop and now when the car is fired up its at 14.7 for a brief period and then down in the 11's????

was the car mapped on old fuel? none of these issues turn be the car was given back to you?

Well i am sorry you had issues with the car, i know it is not a nice feeling stuck on a motorway. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Any idea after the work was complete how many miles were done before you took the car today?

Yeah just teathing issues hopefully. Just need some nice member with lots of club spirit and a spare crank sensor to help me out LOL.

Car had been road tested and MOTed prior to me picking it up - round about 30 odd miles if the taco reads correctly :)

Solved one issue and now got another :(

Sorted out why the AFR's were not reading right on the AEM, for some reason the AEM had changed the o2#2 to read for methonol AFR rather than Petrol. Changed it on the EMU and hey presto. Just need to hope the idle issue is down to the CPS.

Changed all the brakes over and now I cant bleed the brakes. Pads are pushed up against the disks but there is no peddle pressure what so ever but no air in the system :(

When you did yours did you have to bleed the inside chamber on the callipers as well??

Never bled mine mate, electronics I'm fine with - scary things like brakes I daren't touch!

Although I have changed the pads... once.

I believe you do have to bleed both sides though mate - try it, it can't hurt! :)

When you did yours did you have to bleed the inside chamber on the callipers as well??

Your not having much luck are you! You'll need to bleed both chambers yes. We normally do both at the same time with a t pieced pipe. Or do the inside one first and the outer afterwards. Remember to have the engine running when your doing it.