The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a quick pic of the crankshaft sprocket's we have tig welded, I know from first hand experience that the crank pickup washer can come off which in my case resulted in a lot of engine damage. Wont come off now!

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/mikewardscar/cranksprocket.jpg

Interesting, not heard of this before, deff wont come off now though :D

Heres a picture of the 25 row oil cooler kit going on the car, more details can be found here if needed, should be man enough for what Mike is planning for the car.

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&category_id=2584&product_id=8203&Itemid=53&vmcchk=1&Itemid=53

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/mikewardscar/25rowoilcooller.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Therefore I need to get a weld on flange from somewhere and im getting a custome downpipe fabricated. :D

Just started reading this. Good luck with it sounds like you know what you're getting into.

I'm wondering where you're getting the custom pipe made? I need a custom pipe for mine too as Toyota never put a V8 in the supra. Done a bit of searching myself and just interested as to who you've gone with.

Edited: ignore above, just read the rest of the thread.

Edited by EdMorris
Forgot to read whole thread before posting (see edit history)

I'm guessing that K&N Breather filter must be pretty close to the bonnet when it's closed :blink:

Looking good mr Ward, but are you going to get to run it in before Le Mans ?

Mike

When do you set off for Le Mans?? :D

I'm guessing that K&N Breather filter must be pretty close to the bonnet when it's closed

Looking good mr Ward, but are you going to get to run it in before Le Mans ?

Mike

Its getting tight, hopefully pick the car up tuesday next week.

Do 1000 miles before sat.

Fit the oil cooler and do an oil change on sat + fit guages etc.

Mapping on the Sunday.

Le Mans on the Wednesday.

:blink:

Crazy timescales, I like! :D

I may disagree on the sunday night when im completly wiped out :)

We knew it would be tight but this is getting close now. Just got my fingers crossed the downpipe etc and water temp sensor turn up like they are meant to.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

:innocent: well if you need someone to help running it in im off from the 2nd June till after Lemans :D

looking good by the way Mike

Cheers

-Ian-

If itsnot ready till after tuesday I may well take you up on that offer pal :D

Cheers

I may disagree on the sunday night when im completly wiped out :)

Don't do anything silly and end up regreting it mate. If you need any help clocking up low throttle, uber-mechcanically-sympathetic, fairy-driving-style miles I'm awesome at that. ;)

Don't do anything silly and end up regreting it mate. If you need any help clocking up low throttle, uber-mechcanically-sympathetic, fairy-driving-style miles I'm awesome at that. ;)

:D

Between you and Ian I wont have an issue getting it run in. If its after tuesday im going to be seriously stuffed as work is just stupidly busy at the minute. Im struggling to make sure im not working on the Sat i want to do all the oil changes etc as it is, we have 2 clients screaming for work to be done one of which being Hello magazine :eyebrows: