The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

I can't fix things like that! :p

Have you booked a slot for the mapping or is it all on hold whilst the problem is in the way? I spoke to Ryan today and it sounds like he's pretty booked up! :(

Everything is on hold till I get the issue sorted, cant drive it with it running as rough as it does. Hopefully be able to sort it tomorrow.

Will catch up with Ryan about mapping and see when is available but its going to be tight between now and Germany :(

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is on hold till I get the issue sorted, cant drive it with it running as rough as it does. Hopefully be able to sort it tomorrow.

Will catch up with Ryan about mapping and see when is available but its going to be tight between now and Germany :(

Tight between now and Germany?!

What's the plan for Llandow then dude? :(

Thats the plan, would really like it to be in the Sup though as its just not the same in the Golf :)

Hopefully Ill be able to occupy your passanger seat again? ;)

Aye bring a helmet and jump in! We'll try full boost if I'm feeling brave. ;)

I've done my usual and promised a few people a ride but I'm sure I can fit you in. I'm hoping the usual suspects are happy to take passengers, too. :)

SHE RUNS :)

Happy is not the word. Cant believe that the positive bettery terminal was what was causing the problems. Its still not perfect but the three heavy duty wires make a good temp fix till the pucka battery connector turns up this week (Thanks Keron :thumbs:)

So I have to say a massive thank you to Whifbitz for the quality of work on the car, also a big thank you to Paul for all the hours here and there with advice and time out of his weekend looking at the AEM issue with me over the phone - not many others would have done it mate. And finally a big thank you to all the members that have offered advice and helped out (Sted, Rob Wild, Ian Ian & GazB to name a few).

Now to run it in :eyebrows:

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Really glad to hear the good news bud, hope all stays good for germany, shame you missed out on Llandow would have been great to have you the there.

Gutted now I only thought about it on friday. If I thought about it earlier I would have been there, obviously would not have been running but would have been good for the crack :)

When the next one Steve?

allow me to point your attention to the following mike!

I've been seeing this thread, wanting to post a response. since no one had touched it for a long time, and in fear of the flames, I'd held my tongue.. (ok, my keyboard)

If you look at the procedures for rotax ultralights, the basic idea is that of progressive loading periods followed by cool-downs.

But some of the Supra Gurus have distilled it down to this procedure..

First, dry crank the car for 15 seconds (disconnect coil packs and igniters)

Then, start the car, but do not let it idle - run it at about 1700-2000 rpm for about 30 seconds - long enough to know that there are no major leaks. For this, I had my kid with his foot on the throttle, watching the revs whils I looked with a flashlight all over and under the engine bay.

Then drive around for about 5 minutes, normally with the exception of not letting it idle. Again, quickly check for leaks.

Go somewhere where you have a lot of room to work (isolated highway) and go on progressive loads at 20, 30 40% throttle and in 10% increments all the way to 100%, all in 6th gear, for 15-30 seconds. Between each load cycle, you cruise at about 1700-2000 rpm for 5 minutes to cool things down. Towards the end, you will be going very, very fast.

This procedure heats/cools everything in progressive cycles, taking care of both sealing the rings and the metallic grain structure of the pistons.

Then change the oil and you are done.

I broke in my (oft maligned) new short block, Andi B broke in his new Z-06 (and ended up with more HP that most other Z-06's, but who's to tell what the cause was)

Credit goes to Lance W.

Cheers

Rich B 95 BPU 6-spd

:thumbs:

Awesome :D

I have one for sale too :)

Wish I had know than I could have picek it up. Got one on the way from Keron now :)

Excellent, glad you've sorted it mate, now get it run in and off to the dyno to see what numbers you get.

Yep got the fun of driving it all over the place now. Looking forward to seeing what she produces. Don't expect it to be high currently due to the FMIC. Dont see it being too long before im replacing it ;)

Realisitically I should only need a core though!?!

Wish I had know than I could have picek it up. Got one on the way from Keron now :)

Yep got the fun of driving it all over the place now. Looking forward to seeing what she produces. Don't expect it to be high currently due to the FMIC. Dont see it being too long before im replacing it ;)

Realisitically I should only need a core though!?!

Yep, trouble is you cant buy the named brands on there own, you have to buy a complete kit. I've just had the first SMIC I've had made turn up and it looks the business so I could get a FMIC made for you if needed. That'll be a bit further down the road though I expect.

SHE RUNS :)

And finally a big thank you to all the members that have offered advice and helped out (Sted, Rob Wild, Ian Ian & GazB to name a few).

Now to run it in :eyebrows:

No problem matey :) Just pleased that she's running!!!

How about a NW meet? would love to she it done!