The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have charlie next to me :D and he said he is fine tomorrow for us to finish the car chap.

Is this just down to you being as excited at Paul to see what it runs :D

Cheers Ryan its much appreciated. Should have come in that bet with you as Rob and I were discussing the same thing on the way home whilst we were trying to see if we could hear any noise from the wastegate through the exhaust.

TBH im glad im not there, cant say I enjoyed seeing it screaming its nuts off and you shaking your head at it :D

Forgot to tell Paul, there are a couple of decent 2.5 inch clamps on the back seat if the turbo side clamps are an issue.

Once again cheers for the effort, your a legend.

p.s ill double your bet winning if you ignore bignum :D

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Its bloody nerve racking going on the dyno for the 1st time after all that major work, i had 5 boost leaks on mine:blink:, hope it goes ok tomorrow dude, ryan limit him to 520 horse powers or he`ll be pulling away from me:D

Tell me about it pal, my hands were shaking when I was stood in the viewing room :blink:

Just got an update from Paul. Cars been back on the dyno today after the wastegate issue was sorted this morning.

Full boost at 4200 rpm and 520 hp :D To say im happy with that is an understatment. As I suspected the FMIC let it down and the intake temps were way too high.

So eventually a new intercooler is on the cards.

Hopefully with a bit of luck pick it up tomorrow night :D

Just got an update from Paul. Cars been back on the dyno today after the wastegate issue was sorted this morning.

Full boost at 4200 rpm and 520 hp :D To say im happy with that is an understatment. As I suspected the FMIC let it down and the intake temps were way too high.

So eventually a new intercooler is on the cards.

Hopefully with a bit of luck pick it up tomorrow night :D

Glad its getting sorted, that still seems pretty laggy for a T67 though?

EDIT, no its not, just checked my dyno graph and its about the same as mine, im sure it will make full boost a lot before that on the road:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Glad its getting sorted, that still seems pretty laggy for a T67 though?

EDIT, no its not, just checked my dyno graph and its about the same, im sure it will make full boost a lot before that on the road:)

LOL was just going to say looking at your dyno graph its about the same :D

What bar are you running yours at?

LOL was just going to say looking at your dyno graph its about the same :D

Yeah i remember now its always worse on the dyno, on the road Ryan was logging mine at full boost around 3000rpm, im sure yours will be the same mate. get that new fmic on and enjoy:cool:

Yeah i remember now its always worse on the dyno, on the road Ryan was logging mine at full boost around 3000rpm, im sure yours will be the same mate. get that new fmic on and enjoy:cool:

What cams are you running?

3k bloody hell :cool:

Full boost at 3k? :blink: No way!?

Yours is laggy compared to mine (dyno graph) and mine doesn't make full boost at 3k!

Full boost at 3k? :blink: No way!?

Yours is laggy compared to mine (dyno graph) and mine doesn't make full boost at 3k!

Sorry mate but i still dont belive your dyno graph (non SRR), when i had the gt4088 on a .96 you have it was laggy as hell, when i asked Ryan if he thought the vvti was the ultimate package he said mine feels better.

Sorry mate but i still dont belive your dyno graph (non SRR), when i had the gt4088 on a .96 you have it was laggy as hell.

I'd understand you want to compare apples with apples* when it comes to the Y-axis (bhp/torque), but it won't read rpm wrong though will it. Where it starts to rise, is where boost builds - no question. :)

* = even though Ryan stated they are exactly the same setup and if anything the SC dyno could have over-corrected for the January air temp. :p

Something i have noticed on comparing my dyno graphs is when i went from 1.5bar to 1.8bar it moved the powerband over a lot, im wondering if i may have a problem somewhere, im going to check for boost leaks before it goes on the dyno again.

Something i have noticed on comparing my dyno graphs is when i went from 1.5bar to 1.8bar it moved the powerband over a lot, im wondering if i may have a problem somewhere, im going to check for boost leaks before it goes on the dyno again.

That doesn't make sense like you say, perhaps you have popped something. Boost leak test. :)

I'd understand you want to compare apples with apples* when it comes to the Y-axis (bhp/torque), but it won't read rpm wrong though will it. Where it starts to rise, is where boost builds - no question. :)

* = even though Ryan stated they are exactly the same setup and if anything the SC dyno could have over-corrected for the January air temp. :p

We have had this conversation before, i belive that the same make dyno can read differently by a long way, ive seen it with rapidgb compared to SRR.

either way race ya at suprapod:D

Chuffed to bits for ya Mike, pleased it's all come together :)

Cheers, ill be happy when i have it all cleaned and ready to go to Germany.

Get yourself an intake heat gasket. Ryan reckons it was a good investment. $20 from the USA on ebay... Check out the last few pages of his build for the link

May have a look at those, linky?? ;)

We have had this conversation before, i belive that the same make dyno can read differently by a long way, ive seen it with rapidgb compared to SRR.

either way race ya at suprapod:D

Thats a few challanges you have had there steve. Suprapod is going to turn into the ultimate singles grudge match :D

Obviously with Jamie romping off into the distance LOL