The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I already have a new (900 miles) flywheel so will only need the clutch. Does it feel anything like the OEM clutch?

(Sorry about the thread hi-jack).

Yup, feels great, only a little heavier than stock but its still lighter than the stock clutch in my nissan navara.

Mine is on a 50k old flywheel.

Took a serious amount of drift/drag/dyno abuse, if it failed tomorrow id buy another in a instant.

ok bad suggestion to you! ive seen cars stateside running similar setups with lightened flywheels that are quiet at 1200 :blink: maybe its just down to the clutch aswel then :shrug: second suggestion! hammer the entire trans tunnel in dynamat til its gone :D

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me the differences (and pro's and cons if you really want to :D) between the 6 puck and the street max?

I think the only difference is the 6 puck can take more touque. about 100 more at 550 ish IIRC.

I bought it as I was going t51 at the time

ok bad suggestion to you! ive seen cars stateside running similar setups with lightened flywheels that are quiet at 1200 :blink: maybe its just down to the clutch aswel then :shrug: second suggestion! hammer the entire trans tunnel in dynamat til its gone :D

wont get chance before germany so pack some ear deffenders and it will be quiet then :D

I think the only difference is the 6 puck can take more touque. about 100 more at 550 ish IIRC.

I bought it as I was going t51 at the time

If the street can take 550, surely Jamie's would be close to slipping at 545?

sorry I was wrong, below is taken from the RPS site

Supra Twin

Turbo '93+ MS-22170-ST MAX Series clutch with a Street disc. Stock + 25% 600 lb-ft $739.00

Supra Twin

Turbo '93+ MS-22170-SP MAX Series clutch with a 6-puck sprung hub disc. Stock + 25% 725 lb-ft $769.00

so in all fairness I did not need the 6-puck even with the T51. Although I got a cracking deal on it from Kyle :)

sorry I was wrong, below is taken from the RPS site

Supra Twin

Turbo '93+ MS-22170-ST MAX Series clutch with a Street disc. Stock + 25% 600 lb-ft $739.00

Supra Twin

Turbo '93+ MS-22170-SP MAX Series clutch with a 6-puck sprung hub disc. Stock + 25% 725 lb-ft $769.00

so in all fairness I did not need the 6-puck even with the T51. Although I got a cracking deal on it from Kyle :)

Thanks matey. Looks like I might be contacting Kyle soon :)

Right car is all set. Oil cooler fitted and last oil change done. Guages are all fitted and wired up. Then got brave and did the EGT guage. Eventually got the exhaust tapped after miltiple attempts :) How hard is stainless steel LOL.

Mapping tomorrow, have been really looking forward to it all week but now its here im not so sure about it being sat on a dyno at 7000 rpm :)

I hope the weathers good for you tomorrow so when it's done you can give it some stick on your way home :D

I hope its good for the mapping too. After that its getting to some meets :D

good luck mate hope all goes well, let us know what power it pulls out.

Cheers Pal, txt you earlier on - whats going on with the weather in germany??