M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wey Hey!!! Happy days! :)

Enjoy.... need to sort mine out now :(

Cheers Pal. Will do - full report on how it performs tomorrow.

Not wanting to sound like your mum but "BE CAREFUL":d

yes mum ;) Ill try not to get the car at a 45 degree angle again in the tunnels.

Really please for you Mike :) Its a great feeling when you get a car working well! Not a feeling that I know well :(

NW test ride below:-

1.Rob Wild

2.Rob wild

3.Rob wild

:D

you better fill in 4 and 5 quick as the list is getting longer by the day. :D

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Enjoy Chap.

I would suggest getting a Manifold thermal gasket and a bigger intercooler as well as ducting it

Ryan

will be keeping the boost down whilst in Germany and doing the thermal gasket and ducting when I get back. Long term I will be getting a decent fmic. Assume at that point I will need to get the mapped tweeked?

Did you make it home ok this time!?

yep got home ok, was not to bad a time either. Funny enough I was not very tired :) at 1.1 bar it's simply amazing. Had loads of fun on the way to a clients this morning :D

will be keeping the boost down whilst in Germany...

what.....everrrrrrrrrrr

Within 2~3 laps TOPS, you'll figure out that the best bit of the track for cars with >>400bhp is the very start.... that ~1km of foot 100% to the floor and then watching for how big the big numbers are that appear on the speedo. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
what.....everrrrrrrrrrr

Within 2~3 laps TOPS, you'll figure out that the best bit of the track for cars with >>400bhp is the very start.... that ~1km of foot 100% to the floor and then watching for how big the big numbers are that appear on the speedo. ;)

So optimistic Steve, I can assure you on track action was kept at 1.1 bar especially in the rain :D

roads were fun at 1.5 though :p

• 2 months later...

Quick update, its been a little while since i updated this thread.

Wheels have been changed to 18's as the 19's are just not suited to track action. Also picked up my new 3 row from Paul today so hopefully get that fitted over the next few days and then need to arrange a convinient time with Ryan to tweek the map on the dyno :)

• 2 months later...
What made you decide to go with the Dash2 over the racepack dash mate?

Price mainly and lack of suppliers for the RacePak. RacePak themselves never get back to you and Paul must be busy.

Demon Tweeks for example £1200 with no ECU connector or sensors :blink:

Im disapointed you can only display 3 sensors other than RPM, gear & Speed though. The ODO and trip seem such a waste of space. Guess thats what you need the buttons for to change screens?

Price mainly and lack of suppliers for the RacePak. RacePak themselves never get back to you and Paul must be busy.

Im disapointed you can only display 3 sensors other than RPM, gear & Speed though. The ODO and trip seem such a waste of space.

I have egt afr and intake temps on the screen all the time, all are on warning buzzers so i dont bother flicking through the screens tbh.

I have egt afr and intake temps on the screen all the time, all are on warning buzzers so i dont bother flicking through the screens tbh.

Is the buzzer loud enough to hear over the engine noise when on a track? I can't find anywhere in the software to adjust it?

Eventually ill get myself some buttons to change screens for Lap info for example

Is the buzzer loud enough to hear over the engine noise when on a track? I can't find anywhere in the software to adjust it?

Eventually ill get myself some buttons to change screens for Lap info for example

You wont miss it, very bright flashing lights on the dash, i have a row of 4 buttons near the ignition to control the Dash2 but i only know what one of them does:D