The mkiv Supra Owners Club

M5W TT's Single project

T2 MSW

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had this conversation before, i belive that the same make dyno can read differently by a long way, ive seen it with rapidgb compared to SRR.

Ok that's fair enough. So.... compare my Supe when it WAS measured at SRR, before it had the Solaris and made use of the VVTi - it's the same as yours at 1.5 bar.

I totally understand your scepticism, but the introduction of the VVTi magic certainly made a difference (previously it was stuck hard at the 'make best peak power' setting, and couldn't adapt - i.e. it was the worst possible setup for low down grunt).

The only thing up for debate is exactly how much difference? SC dyno says a significant amount, Ryan's convinced, my arse dyno says it's swifter plus watching the boost gauge Vs rev counter before/after agree improvements have been made, but I'll get it to SRR one day and find out for certain what the numbers are. :)

either way race ya at suprapod:D

You're on, but as you have no fear of causing mechanical damage and will have drag tyres, you'd better win! ;)

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Ok that's fair enough. So.... compare my Supe when it WAS measured at SRR, before it had the Solaris and made use of the VVTi - it's the same as yours at 1.5 bar.

Was that on the 4088 or the phr stage1?

If it was the same as mine back then without the vvti then you may be right:D

Either way in top gear i can make full boost itro 3000rpm, i can video it if ya like.

Was that on the 4088 or the phr stage1?

If it was the same as mine back then without the vvti then you may be right:D

Either way in top gear i can make full boost itro 3000rpm, i can video it if ya like.

The only differences between the 2 graphs on Ryan's website for my Supra are:

- MoTeC Vs Solaris

- SRR dyno Vs SC dyno

- WI was ON Vs OFF

MoTeC run

Solaris run

I'm always right - save time later, agree with me now. ;)

Sorry Mike! ;)

The only differences between the 2 graphs on Ryan's website are:

- MoTeC Vs Solaris

- SRR dyno Vs SC dyno

- WI was ON Vs OFF

MoTeC run

Solaris run

I'm always right - save time later, agree with me now. ;)

Sorry Mike! ;)

Its fine, All very intresting stuff.

you can clean it up when you have finished LOL

Hey mike i wasn`t far off with the 520 then, what boost pressure was that at btw, oh and don`t worry about spool up, you`ll be going through those gears like nobodys business;)

Not sure on the boost till I see the dyno graph, I know it was mapped up to 1.5 bar but upping the boost made little difference due to the intake temps

Mate, your going to love your car when you pick it up later. Very very very smooth and quiet as well, cant believe how smooth it is actually. Definately more to come though when you get the intercooler sorted out, its holdiing it back massively, ignition timing is very conservative at the moment.

Mate, your going to love your car when you pick it up later. Very very very smooth and quiet as well, cant believe how smooth it is actually.

Mine is much smoother since I jumped from MoTeC to Solaris (ECU).

Which ECU did you fit in the end Mike?

Its an AEM, I'm talking more about the smoothness of the engine itself, as in vibrations, we obviously did a superb job on the engine build :sly: The mappings not bad as well though!

AEM. I really wanted to go for the solaris but I had already committed to the AEM route when the Salaris became the next big thing.

If I could have sold it I would have changed. Getting giddy about tonight now :D

Its an AEM, I'm talking more about the smoothness of the engine itself, as in vibrations, we obviously did a superb job on the engine build :sly: The mappings not bad as well though!

I must admit before it was mapped I started building up the revs slightly and could not beleive how smoth it was at 5-6k revs.

:thumbs:

I Just need to get those brakes bleed now :innocent:

Yes there dangerous!

If you feel compelled to sort it on safty grounds I wont hold it aganst you :p

So glad it's all worked out for you now Mike!! Have fun picking it up tonight

Cheers hun, will do. Airport tunnels im thinking :eyebrows: