StuartW

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! :thumbs:

Car just seemed to grip and go without really squatting... bizarre!!

Its because i am running Street Radials, also there is more to come with chassis set up etc..

Hopefully for the next meet i wil have the parts to re-use my old shorter rear axle, which means i can run the HUGE 31x18" slicks for the JDS series! Also i have discovered that if i run in normal RWYB i have no chassis tag limitations!!

That's flying. Just have to work on that 60ft time. Running a tad rich with all that black smoke? :) But I guess you have to when running straight pump fuel.

What are the restrictions on street tyres? Could you run M/T ET Streets?

MT Et Streets are BANNED in Street eliminator series, they are too much like a slick! I run MT Sportsman pro Block treads and MT Street Radials, ALL dot approved and have passed 2 MOT's with different testers :-)

Whats it like stopping from 150mph without using the chute Stuart? im thinking it might be tricky with skinny front wheels? am thinking of selling mine as i dont really want to fit a chute, any advise would be great.

She Stops OK...Ish! The tyres are not a problem, its the Breaking force because i run lightweight front rotors.

MT Et Streets are BANNED in Street eliminator series, they are too much like a slick! I run MT Sportsman pro Block treads and MT Street Radials, ALL dot approved and have passed 2 MOT's with different testers :-)

Strictly speaking, the mt street radials aren't road legal in the uk are they?

Yup, last time I checked anyway.

People/classes do class them as road legal though.

Yeah, I have been searching all of the top You tube and google records for the fastest road legal supra, And to date it seems ALL of them are running slicks and calling themselves road legal. In the US they have the 10" records which are road legal cars that change to 10" wide slicks for the strip.

Some of the other competitors in SE also run the New Hoosier Tyres which ARE E Marked and Non Dirty compliant with the EU regs, A Truly Street legal tyre!

If anyone can actually show or find the fastest record for a MOT'd Street legal car running in a street legal drag race class I would be very interested to know what i have to compete against in the future!

Andy Frost to my knowledge had the world record fastest real street legal car, But last season @ the Euro Finals Colin Lazenby beat his record with a 7.6522 pushing the big ’56 Chevy to victory and a new class record. RPM magazine also confirmed this as a WORLD record dedicating Novembers edition to Lazenby's triumph.

http://www.streeteliminator.com/html/fia_euro_finals_2010.html

"And that was the end of this year’s visit by Street Eliminator to the European Finals. What an event! The bad news of an accident was followed with two world records, three UK records, 6 personal best ETs and a championship win. Street legal drag racing doesn’t get much better than that!

Pictures are taken from the 2010 Street Eliminator DVD ‘Hardcore Street’ available now from www.quartermilehigh.com"

However.....What is the True Jap record?????? any evididence or links please feel free to post up here.

Edited by StuartW (see edit history)

Yeah, I have been searching all of the top You tube and google records for the fastest road legal supra, And to date it seems ALL of them are running slicks and calling themselves road legal. In the US they have the 10" records which are road legal cars that change to 10" wide slicks for the strip.

Some of the other competitors in SE also run the New Hoosier Tyres which ARE E Marked and Non Dirty compliant with the EU regs, A Truly Street legal tyre!

If anyone can actually show or find the fastest record for a MOT'd Street legal car running in a street legal drag race class I would be very interested to know what i have to compete against in the future!

Andy Frost to my knowledge had the world record fastest real street legal car, But last season @ the Euro Finals Colin Lazenby beat his record with a 7.6522 pushing the big ’56 Chevy to victory and a new class record. RPM magazine also confirmed this as a WORLD record dedicating Octobers edition to Lazenby's triumph.

http://www.streeteliminator.com/html/fia_euro_finals_2010.html

"And that was the end of this year’s visit by Street Eliminator to the European Finals. What an event! The bad news of an accident was followed with two world records, three UK records, 6 personal best ETs and a championship win. Street legal drag racing doesn’t get much better than that!

Pictures are taken from the 2010 Street Eliminator DVD ‘Hardcore Street’ available now from www.quartermilehigh.com"

However.....What is the True Jap record?????? any evididence or links please feel free to post up here.

I thought Larry Larson was the fastest street car in the world holder?

Is that proper road tyres though?

Are any of these drag tyres proper street legal tyres? i doubt it, not in this country anyhow.

Im not trying to defend him, i dont know enough about it, 1200 miles driving between events in one week is not bad going though for a 6 second car.

Are any of these drag tyres proper street legal tyres? i doubt it, not in this country anyhow.

Im not trying to defend him, i dont know enough about it, 1200 miles driving between events in one week is not bad going though for a 6 second car.

No no, I know that. It's just that in the previous post from Stuart he was talking about the world record and the tyres used. I'm guessing that the official world record for a street car, that he will be looking to compete with, will be on REAL street tyres. Rather than a street car that changes it's shoes at the 1/4 mile door :)

No no, I know that. It's just that in the previous post from Stuart he was talking about the world record and the tyres used. I'm guessing that the official world record for a street car, that he will be looking to compete with, will be on REAL street tyres. Rather than a street car that changes it's shoes at the 1/4 mile door :)

You miss my point, are even the tyres Stuarts using road legal in the uk? as they are not E marked i dont think they will be.

You miss my point, are even the tyres Stuarts using road legal in the uk? as they are not E marked i dont think they will be.

No, I see your point. My point is that I think that is what he was asking in the large post. Ie, what tyres are cosher for a world record street legal run. I was guessing that he was asking what he needs to run to be seen as road legal in order to go for the Jap street world record.

Unless I'm missing something else?

We can all see on youtube what the claims are, he seems to be asking what the official times are and what tyres are being run on those official times.

Yeah I dont see how they can class a road legal time when using slicks!

Have you a link to the E marked Hoosiers?

Surely they haven't managed to get the cheater slicks E marked have they?

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&client=safari&q=hoosier%20cheater%20slick&sa=N#i=3

I'l be amazed if they have!

No, I see your point. My point is that I think that is what he was asking in the large post. Ie, what tyres are cosher for a world record street legal run. I was guessing that he was asking what he needs to run to be seen as road legal in order to go for the Jap street world record.

We can all see on youtube what the claims are, he seems to be asking what the official times are and what tyres are being run on those official times.

Correct, It would stop any Arguments if it where posted in black and white. Also like i mentioned earlier the only reason some of the american tyres are not "E" marked is because of their manufacturing processes. Because of recent tightening of EU laws on the Environmentally friendly production of these non e marked tyres, We are ALL now being forced in the Uk Street Eliminator series to run E marked tyres, which in turn means Hooiser have been the first to change their manufacturing process but the tyres still perform the same! So e marked or not surely that is irrelevant and the "roadworthiness/Legal" side is the factor here. And as long as it has a tread of the correct depth and width, TWI's and are classed as road legal then surely they are?

The difference between my Steel Belted Street radials and my Hoosier Drag slicks is huge, The slicks are half the weight and twice as squashy...Anyways soon i will test the Drag slicks on an otherwise road legal Supra and see what happens.

I understand that, im just saying none of these cars are really road legal in race trim it seems, i have a brand new pair of Hoosier drag raidials in the shed, stamped on the side it clearly says "NOT FOR ROAD USE" if hoosier are making tyres now that are E marked and truely road legal then thats great.

Dont get me wrong, im not trying to take anything away from Stuart, truely amazing car and great job he has done, this whole "street car" thing makes no sense to me though, none are real street cars imo.

This can be taken to the nenth degree, I will bet not ONE of these cars will get thru a VOSA inspection as it races, so who cares what tyres it runs, the actual reason the yanks run slicks is NOTHING to do with traction, its to do with breakage, the slicks are a lot easier on the drivetrain as there is so much give in them, there are 6 second cars on drag radials, sure SW's car may drop a 10th on DR's but its still a 7 second car, also slicks are cheaper. Also the pump fuel bit is b******x every car there is on power pour, see what happens if they run without it !!!!! According to VOSA a stock car with a super dragger is illegal !!!! There is a difference between a street car and a street legal car a true street car in my eyes is a car like JP's, sure I would drive mine to the pod to prove a point but would be gibbering idiot by the time I got there.

Yeah I dont see how they can class a road legal time when using slicks!

Have you a link to the E marked Hoosiers?

Surely they haven't managed to get the cheater slicks E marked have they?

http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&client=safari&q=hoosier%20cheater%20slick&sa=N#i=3

I'l be amazed if they have!

Topspeed Automotive Ltd are pleased to announce their appointment as an approved Hoosier Tire agent

We have an exclusive batch of ‘Hoosier Quick Time DOT’ tyres (Street Eliminator approved!) which are compliant with the new European legislation regarding tyre production methods.

These tyres have been specifically manufactured by Hoosier for the UK market to counter new European laws regarding tyres made with ‘dirty oil’.

Immediately available are the common sizes 31x18.5x15 @ £233.00 ea and 33x22.5x15 @ £285.00 each. All plus VAT & delivery. Pre orders of these tyres can be fulfilled at the Main Event.

Other tyre sizes will be available over the coming months alongside Hoosier slicks, front tyres & front runners etc.

Topspeed are excited at this new opportunity and are looking forward to successful relationship with Hoosier and all of the race teams through this and the coming seasons.

All enquires to Bill or Vinnie on 01932 341700 or email [email protected]

Edited by StuartW
spacing.. (see edit history)

I understand that, im just saying none of these cars are really road legal in race trim it seems, i have a brand new pair of Hoosier drag raidials in the shed, stamped on the side it clearly says "NOT FOR ROAD USE" if hoosier are making tyres now that are E marked and truely road legal then thats great.

Dont get me wrong, im not trying to take anything away from Stuart, truely amazing car and great job he has done, this whole "street car" thing makes no sense to me though, none are real street cars imo.

This can be taken to the nenth degree, I will bet not ONE of these cars will get thru a VOSA inspection as it races, so who cares what tyres it runs, the actual reason the yanks run slicks is NOTHING to do with traction, its to do with breakage, the slicks are a lot easier on the drivetrain as there is so much give in them, there are 6 second cars on drag radials, sure SW's car may drop a 10th on DR's but its still a 7 second car, also slicks are cheaper. Also the pump fuel bit is b******x every car there is on power pour, see what happens if they run without it !!!!! According to VOSA a stock car with a super dragger is illegal !!!! There is a difference between a street car and a street legal car a true street car in my eyes is a car like JP's, sure I would drive mine to the pod to prove a point but would be gibbering idiot by the time I got there.

I totally accept and agree with both of your points of view. I'm not disagreeing, what I'm saying is that Stuart is wanting to know what the official world record cars are running as far as rubber goes. The link that JP put up shows one with a faster time than, apparently, the official world record. Surely that can only be put down to the tyres or the fact that the car didn't pass a particular test?

I know "road legal" doesn't mean road car, come on guys lol... give me some credit ;)

I was trying to clarify Stuarts query as it seemed to get lost in translation. In this discussion Stuart is only after official record cars and what the constraints are for the records :)

I totally accept and agree with both of your points of view. I'm not disagreeing, what I'm saying is that Stuart is wanting to know what the official world record cars are running as far as rubber goes. The link that JP put up shows one with a faster time than, apparently, the official world record. Surely that can only be put down to the tyres or the fact that the car didn't pass a particular test?

I know "road legal" doesn't mean road car, come on guys lol... give me some credit ;)

I was trying to clarify Stuarts query as it seemed to get lost in translation. In this discussion Stuart is only after official record cars and what the constraints are for the records :)

OK 10 seconds of looking 8.2 on drag radials