The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Congratulations Jamie :thumbs:

Is there an in-between with regards to the cams? Something between 264 and stock, that would give a slightly slower spool but control the tail off better?

Might be worth trying staggered in256/ex264

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing build even better than your last! Looking over the pictures again - have a small question, do I spy a "K" plate on the front and an "M" on the rear? Great spec and write-up too! Congrats to all involved

someone has not read the thread properly:p

Great result Jamie and awesome performance looking at the speedo vid :thumbs:

Incredible turnaround and looks likee some top quality workmanship from Lee at SRD. Lee does it not make you want to go single instead of those laggy ass twins??? :D

For me this is a really interesting comparison between Wez's car as it is now with the 264 cams and Jamie's:

http://2bartuning.com/dynographs/graph.php?curveID=6,37&toPlot=2

Almost the same in power delivery and tail off. Wez's setup is slightly quicker hitting but the T67DBB seems so well matched to our engines that it doesn't really need the additional expense of being married up to aftermarket cams.

Cheers,

Brian.

Almost the same in power delivery and tail off. Wez's setup is slightly quicker hitting but the T67DBB seems so well matched to our engines that it doesn't really need the additional expense of being married up to aftermarket cams.

Thats a fair point

I noticed this as well, the power curves are almost identical.

Ive ordered the Greddy inlet manifold, should be here in a week or so, will be interesting to see what if any difference that will make, good or bad;)

Gave it a bit of a clean up this morning, (sprayed the spark plug cover and fuse covers) ive got some spare cam covers coming they will be fitted along with the intake manifold and im getting a fluidyne rad.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Ive ordered the Greddy inlet manifold, should be here in a week or so, will be interesting to see what if any difference that will make, good or bad;)

Gave it a bit of a clean up this morning, (sprayed the spark plug cover and fuse covers) ive got some spare cam covers coming they will be fitted along with the intake manifold and im getting a fluidyne rad.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/cleanup003.jpg

Looks great, what about painting the towers of the strut bar black too? Or would that take away what kind it is?

They are going to be powdercoated black along with a load of other bits:)

Ahh excellent. Will finish it off nicely. I'm going for a similar look to yourself. Colour coded with less bling lol.

Easier to give it a dust off every now and again compared to having to spend hours de-greasing, cleaning and waxing.