JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a link to my old dyno on stock cams on a much smaller tubby ;)

PHR Stage 1 Stock Cams

corr thats loads different, at 4000rpm you are about 90bhp down now with cams compared to your old setup with stock cams if im reading that right and you have lost 140ftlb torque at 4000rpm aswell:blink:

Looks like stock cams for me.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Col hits full boost around 4000rpm depending on gear, in 5th and 6th its just under. Its running 1.5 bar and when it comes in it rips your guts out as you can see by the graph.

If your running a small turbo the stock cams are fine as it will spool up quicker and you wont have to rev it high anyway.

corr thats loads different, at 4000rpm you are about 90bhp down now with cams compared to your old setup with stock cams if im reading that right and you have lost 140ftlb torque at 4000rpm aswell:blink:

Looks like stock cams for me.

If you look at my old graph and Chingys you will see that they both hit hard at 4000rpm, that to me is the stock cams.

The 264/264 setup has shifted this power over to the right.

They are to top end power, wez gained 50bhp from cams but lose out low down from what it looks like.

I'm only reving to OEM limit at 1.4 bar on a bone stock engine though, with a T61. My car is a road car so I wanted the fast spool but have been told that cams would be a good addition. I'm not so sure now.

Col hits full boost around 4000rpm depending on gear, in 5th and 6th its just under. Its running 1.5 bar and when it comes in it rips your guts out as you can see by the graph.

If your running a small turbo the stock cams are fine as it will spool up quicker and you wont have to rev it high anyway.

Today 16:46

It just depends on where you make peak power, if its too high up the rev range the bhp will just run away at the expense of torque, pretty much a waste, the torque has been moved up 400rpm looking at both of Wez's graphs, 121ft/lb of torque less at 4K:blink:

But then how long does it take to go through 400rpm?:search:

I'm only reving to OEM limit at 1.4 bar on a bone stock engine though, with a T61. My car is a road car so I wanted the fast spool but have been told that cams would be a good addition. I'm not so sure now.

If you look at Ryans website dyno compare page, he has my old and new setup which you can overlay, mine are the 60-1 turbo with std and 264 cams.

http://2bartuning.com/dynographs/

The kit comes all complete with braided lines and mounting brackets.

Will post up some more pics on install.

They look brilliant - nice choice Jamie.

Lee is there any chance of some photos looking inside the calipers from the underside please - I'd like to get an idea of pad configuration and size. A UK spec front pad somewhere for reference would be perrrrfect. ;)