JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also i can recommend R888 tyres highly, amazing tyre, as you can see in the video even in first gear im getting no wheelspin, just grips and goes:)

Diff wont last long with the 888's then lol should be called the 666 for you mate as that diff will wish it was in hell after a week at the torture of your right foot :D

Well done Jamie, thats got to be some sort of record for getting a single conversion done :D

The figures are more or less the same as my last T67dbb on stock cams. Hopefully Ryan can get it loaded to his site for a proper comparison

I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since it started, and I have to say i'm staggered that in such a little amount of time you've turned a clean stock car into one of the best looking and best spec'd cars I've seen on the forum.

A true testament to the amount of work that's gone into it.

How are the breaks now there all beded in ?

Amazing, combined with the tyres it will stand on its nose:D

Tein superstreets are great aswell, 2 clicks out from its softest setting and i can fly down the back roads in it, soaks all the bumps up with ease and sticks to the rd like glue.

Well done Jamie, thats got to be some sort of record for getting a single conversion done :D

The figures are more or less the same as my last T67dbb on stock cams. Hopefully Ryan can get it loaded to his site for a proper comparison

Out of interest mate what ftlb did you make? cant see anything in your garage:)

lovely looking car Jamie, have you got any pics of the engine bay, love to see the carbon fibre stuff on

cheers

Nothing any good, i will be tidying it up over the next few days, the carbon spark plug cover didnt fit so will be going back.

Awesome car mate well done, really glad it all came together how you wanted it, and that torque figure is naughty :eyebrows:,

cheers for the filter to buddy

Also i can recommend R888 tyres highly, amazing tyre, as you can see in the video even in first gear im getting no wheelspin, just grips and goes:)

Oh and i think I will be orderin a set of these lol

Nice one. Would be interesting to see the graph compared with other similar sized turbo's :)

Done :) It does do well in the midrange ;)

http://2bartuning.com/dynographs/

I need too at some point upload more graphs but time is hard to find at present.

If you can send me a link to yours Jon i will upload as well

Ryan

Amazing, combined with the tyres it will stand on its nose:D

Tein superstreets are great aswell, 2 clicks out from its softest setting and i can fly down the back roads in it, soaks all the bumps up with ease and sticks to the rd like glue.

I like the Teins too, I'd b interested to hear what you think of the firmer settings, personally I prefer it that way

Lovely torque figure, must be a monster on the road :D The more I look at the pictures, the more I appreciate the standard look of the Supra.

I almost went for the R888's recently when I had to renew my back tyres, I stuck with the Eagle F1 GS-D3's as the fact of daily driving and English weather put me off a bit. Be interesting to see how you find them when you get caught in the rain.

Having mine tweaked next Monday, even more excited now! :D

Thanks Ryan, interesting when you compare mine to gaz1's car, huge difference where the power comes in and the only difference between our cars is cams.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/graphphp.png

Car is looking great Jamie, very impressed with the speed this has all came together. Just goes to show what can be accomplished.

With regards to the difference in the graph, would it be possible to have a happy medium? I notice that Gaz's BHP doesn't tail off the same way as yours does but obviously the benefit of yours is that power comes in much quicker. Is there an in-between with regards to the cams? Something between 264 and stock, that would give a slightly slower spool but control the tail off better?

Just curious really, no plans on doing anything myself lol.