The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Yea maybe but as the stock bumper covers it dont really matter:)

Im thinking leave it in place as ive seen what happens to them in a front end.

I think Mario at GVN can fabricate a replacement crash bar that is much thinner and less of an issue ... worth a quick call ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Mario at GVN can fabricate a replacement crash bar that is much thinner and less of an issue ... worth a quick call ?

Mario done that conversion to mine & looks great / does the job + will save loads of damage if had a head on of some sort to :cool:

He made up couple of brackets & used square metal tubing & secured it in front of intercooler

And I have a Blizt LM V Spec intercooler fitted as well

Edited by lui (see edit history)

I dont think it will be an issue but we will see, could be a little project for the winter :)

Interesting comment about the IC when the stock SMIC is covered too, I wouldnt worry about it, if you duct it, it may have a slightly better efficiency, but not enough to notice for this car I very much doubt

Until the car is pushed hard, i.e. high boost, high external temps, aggressive map; It won't make much difference.

At BPU I went to a Greddy 3 row FMIC and there was a noticeable difference at the top end after a complete ducting on the stock front (I'd guess 10-15 hp)

After going single (okay, it's with a do luck front this time), again after ducting there was a noticeable difference in top end power once the FMIC was sealed to the bumper intake. Unfortunately my work on the ducting unfolded in the floods last year... but that’s another story!

Edit: Sorry J, didn't mean to go off topic, as mentioned, it could be something to look at further down the line :)

Couldn't you make a duct from the upper part of the bumper to the top of the IC to seal the whole front of the IC? It'd be a fiddle, but should make a massive improvement to the IC efficiency. Similar to the way the duct for the stock rad works?

Might be a project for the future though!

Yea maybe but i just want to get it going for now, over the winiter ill send it back to Lee for a VWR intake manifold and the powdercoating and any other jobs i can think of, might have a set of cams in there to but want to see what its like on the stock cams first:)

Until the car is pushed hard, i.e. high boost, high external temps, aggressive map; It won't make much difference.

At BPU I went to a Greddy 3 row FMIC and there was a noticeable difference at the top end after a complete ducting on the stock front (I'd guess 10-15 hp)

After going single (okay, it's with a do luck front this time), again after ducting there was a noticeable difference in top end power once the FMIC was sealed to the bumper intake. Unfortunately my work on the ducting unfolded in the floods last year... but that’s another story!

Edit: Sorry J, didn't mean to go off topic, as mentioned, it could be something to look at further down the line

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this view then, I've said this before but IAT whether their only a few degrees or several make a noticeable difference, especially if you can capitalise on temps at the lower end with a configurable ecu - I didnt want to overexaggerate but yeah 15bhp is attainable and then some!

Again this is only noticed at top end if its being caned for a long period of time which is why I said the crashbar affect would be negligable in Jamie's car because he drives like a Sunday Driver:innocent::D

Lol, joking, but you get what I mean;) Now back on topic...

HKS Dli, intercooler, oilcooler and seats all now fitted.

Lee is having trouble getting the exhaust to fit right right, the midpipe is hitting against the bodywork so looks like the car is going to have to go to a local place to Lee next week to have that modified.

I think the Jobs left to do next week are

Fitting clutch.

Tein suspension.

Gauges.

Thor speedo converter.

Fuel pump

Injectors

My big brembo brakes are meant to be with Lee tuesday.

Then its up to Ryan for the mapping, cant wait to get it back:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Just thinking i only brought the car just over 4 weeks ago bone stock, in that time all parts have been ordered and most come from the states and the car is nearly done with a nice spec single setup.

Thats got to be a record of some sort;)

You're not wrong Jamie :D

Nice to be a situation where you have the experience to know what parts to go for, know what to expect from them and (most importantly :D ) the money to make it happen. Looking forward to hearing more next week :)

My big brembo brakes are meant to be with Lee tuesday.

Jamie sorry to go OT a little....

Is there any chance that you and/or Lee could take a few up close decent pics of the new Brembo front calipers please (all round and inside if possible)? I may be looking to use the same on a slightly different application but need to get an idea of shape/size etc...

Thanks

Dan

By the way, if you duct the intercooler well you won't notice any difference with crash bar in/out. :)

It's coming along nicely J. Is there any chance of a few close up pictures of the oil cooler and bracket. Lee appears to have done a great job and it's a job that's on my list ;)

There the only pics i have mate, ill get some when i have the car back.

Cars looking awesome buddy, popped over Lee's today, its coming along nicely, really liking ur seats to now there in. Had any more thoughts on possible inlet

Hey Col, Im either going to go with the hypertune or the PWR intake manifold.

First post updated:)