The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Evening guys, could you please ask Jae to have another look at my renewal quote.

Its only come through £90 cheaper than last year.

Feel free to call or PM tomorrow.

Jon Hudd - L9 BYE

Had a quick look around and to go with admiral would cost me £509.75. (no mods)

Will try to speak to adrian flux soon but would like to speak to someone from your end first.

Jon, its really not worth doing it that way round. If you want to save the most then go to a few other insurance companies, get their best prices and then Sky should match it. They can only play the 'match it' game once so you go with your best price.

Evening guys, could you please ask Jae to have another look at my renewal quote.

Its only come through £90 cheaper than last year.

Feel free to call or PM tomorrow.

Jon Hudd - L9 BYE

Had a quick look around and to go with admiral would cost me £509.75. (no mods)

Will try to speak to adrian flux soon but would like to speak to someone from your end first.

Hi,

you also have PM.

With regards to renewals, we have been instructed to put our renewals up so it is actually rare to see a decrease. We do search the market for the best possible rate, if you manage to get a better price elsewhere we will try and make use of our price match service.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Hi,

you also have PM.

With regards to renewals, we have been instructed to put our renewals up so it is actually rare to see a decrease. We do search the market for the best possible rate, if you manage to get a better price elsewhere we will try and make use of our price match service.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

yup, you did that for me!

Well i've just called up to change my car insurance to the new car nearly 2 hours ago.... i'm still waiting for a call back.... I called back after an hour and got told there busy but will ring me! I wanted it sorted so I could collect the car either tonight or tomorrow..... not impressed today peeps! :(

Well i've just called up to change my car insurance to the new car nearly 2 hours ago.... i'm still waiting for a call back.... I called back after an hour and got told there busy but will ring me! I wanted it sorted so I could collect the car either tonight or tomorrow..... not impressed today peeps! :(

If you PM me your details, I will try and speed this up for you. Please send me your full name, postcode and phone number.

We are very busy today, my apologies.

Thanks

Ollie

Its sorted now thanks Ollie :)

I had an agreed value on my policy with the Supra and paid the £72 back in Jan, not making it transferable to my MR2 is a bit of a joke and wanting £72 if I did..... I really feel its money making...... so I said no as I can't justify paying for something I already have on my policy just because it was with my previous car?

Its sorted now thanks Ollie :)

I had an agreed value on my policy with the Supra and paid the £72 back in Jan, not making it transferable to my MR2 is a bit of a joke and wanting £72 if I did..... I really feel its money making...... so I said no as I can't justify paying for something I already have on my policy just because it was with my previous car?

Hi,

I can look into this and see if there is anything I can do. The agreed value fee goes straight to the insurance company this is why it is being charged again.

Please PM your details.

Thank

Ollie

Guest Ozanne

i am 20 and am lookin for a TT money isnt that much of a problem as not as its not ridiculously studid like more then the car but the fact sky insurance says u have to be 23 is a bit shit

i have 3 years no claims 5 if u include bikes

current car is a 231psi RX8 pretty much new, lowered, kit and exhast system costs near twice as much as the supra im looking at buying

is there anything sky can offer?

Jon, its really not worth doing it that way round. If you want to save the most then go to a few other insurance companies, get their best prices and then Sky should match it. They can only play the 'match it' game once so you go with your best price.

Done my work and sky have matched my price. I would have liked them to have beaten them but i will be staying with them as they sponser the clubs event :)

Ollie, received my renewal notice today. To say I fell through the floor is an understatement. It has exponentiated from £750(?) to £1280!

To others reading this, I have not made a claim this last year, or indeed, in 31 years of driving. It is an NA, locked up in an upmarket area of Liverpool, with a Cat! alarm system. I also only use it of a weekend, and as such have a 5000 mileage restriction!

I will not hear of it being a postcode issue, as there has been several reports lately that Liverpool lags far behind the likes of London, Manchester, Leeds and others I can't remember in car crime/theft incidences.

The thought or my imminent renewal has been on my mind of late, so I have paid attention to Threads where this is mentioned.

Naming no names, members on here in their early 20s with J-spec TTs are paying what I have been quoted, some even less with 6 points on their licence. I have none.

Surely this is a mistake? To boot, I was not happy paying last years premium, but done so more in naivety than anything. Having been a member on here for almost a year, I conclude that LAST years premium seems, retrospectively, excessive.

Prior to owning a Supra, I owned several Porsches, the last being a 944 S2 Turbo, with the same criteria EXACTLY as the Supra, yet the most I ever paid was £354.

I look forward to your reply, and should this quote be correct, its justification to a 48 year old, never claimed, occasional user.