The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

The agreed value is worth it's weight in gold IMO :D It's pretty cheap to have (so long as you're an existing customer) and provides a huge reassurance if the worse should happen.

Why do you say that? Is it purely on the fact that if you wrote it off you would get what you think it is worth and not the book value?

And the problem with that is...? :search:

Nothing, I am just struggling after forking out over 10K of insurance over 8 years as to why I am paying for a s ervice I have not yet used. And TBH I have paid the car off, so won't hurt if i get 8 or 10k for it if i was foolish enough to take it into a ditch. Just trying to get my head around it after another years premium goes up again!!!!:blink:

But that's what insurance is. Better safe than sorry IMO :)

Yeah obviously, I just think I have got to the stage where I wouldn't mind the risk of not paying for agreed value and if it came to the crunch (excuse the pun!) take whatever I am offered. i just wanted to see if anyone has been in the same sitaution and regretted it (or not?) I fully believe in listening to people with experience, nothing more valuable (engineer i'm afraid!;))

I know some people have had some good experiences with Sky. But I've not once been quoted anything remotely competitve.

They were over on my BMW's and my MR2's, a few hundred. They quoted me double on the M6 compared to A-Plan and blamed it on my postcode. Quite funny, as Steven Gerrard lives 3 roads down, less than 1/4 mile from me.

Seems a case of when they're good, they're good. When they're bad ....

After going through a quote on the phone I was told I would get a call back with the price. This was last Thursday. I was told by another person in the office on Friday that I would get a call back. Got fed up waiting so I went with another insurer. Guy on the phone did seem to know what he was talking about though. Just a shame I never got a call back.

I'll try sky again next year.

After going through a quote on the phone I was told I would get a call back with the price. This was last Thursday. I was told by another person in the office on Friday that I would get a call back. Got fed up waiting so I went with another insurer. Guy on the phone did seem to know what he was talking about though. Just a shame I never got a call back.

I'll try sky again next year.

Hi, my apologies about this, we take this sort of thing very seriously, I'll drop you a PM in a moment as I would like to look into this.

If any member has a problem like this, simply drop me a PM and I will pick it up pretty quickly and respond.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky insurance

Hey Ollie,

Do sky offer any trackday insurance, if so what does it cover?

:)

Perfect question to fire at me by PM :p

We do not offer this currently however there is a link on our website to a company who do offer track insurance.

Check policy wording carefully as sometimes you are hit with a few thousand £ excess in the event of an accident.

Cheers

Ollie

Sky Insurance

How much extra do you have to pay for the agreed value? And how easy is it to get them to agree what you think your car is worth.

Hi,

just to clear this up.. as things stand we are unable offer agreed values for new business customers, we can only offer this for existing customers who had the agreed value last year.

The agreed value option costs £72.50 for the year, the majority of that going to the actual insure for administration costs.

How do we agree a value? We ask the customer to state the value of the car based on how much they would be willing to pay for it (including mods) OR how how much it would sell for, to a like minded car enthusiast. We also ask for colour photos, MOT certificate and we have a list of all modifications. Generally we find that the customer will put down an accurate value for the vehicle.

regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

ps.. apologies for the delay in answering this question.