The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Hi again,

having listened to the phone call... Can you just confirm some details.. you have stated this is the GZ model in the call but in the message above you say it it an NA. We have calculated the premium on the GZ.

If it is not the GZ, we'll have to run this through again.. also, due to the value of the vehicle, are you willing to go with TPFT cover?

Thanks

Ollie

Hi Ollie, thanks for checking.

It's a GZ aero shell with an NA engine and 5spd fitted (long story!). TPFT is okay provided my no claims is guaranteed. It's also a cat D (don't think it makes a difference, but best to check)

Just a quick note on the point above.. no mkiv Supra club member should be seeing a raise on their renewal price unless you have picked up points / had a claim in the last 12 months. We have negotiated a freeze on increase in renewal prices as your Supras are performing well.

Ollie

So why did mine go up £500?

To be fair I rang Sky last Friday, and they got it down to £820 with a £350 excess, but this is still an increase of nearly £100. If you can match last years price we can do business as I am happy with the service. The car is uninsured at the mo, but I need to drive it tomorrow as my Shogun is being serviced.

If you CAN match last years premium, ring mo on 07525 662625 before 11am (Friday). I shall assume the lack of a call is a negative. Thank you. P McCool

L13 3DH:)

Just a quick note on the point above.. no mkiv Supra club member should be seeing a raise on their renewal price unless you have picked up points / had a claim in the last 12 months. We have negotiated a freeze on increase in renewal prices as your Supras are performing well.

Ollie

Mine did. :(

Ollie

Mine did. :(

I hate to say, so did mine :(

however after a call to Cassie yesterday, my renewal is in progress :thumbs:

Mike

I was told it was due to inflation and nothing could be done. Ended up paying more than last year. :(

More legwork needed I think, dude ;)

My quote from Sky for my renewal back in December was £100 more than I paid the year before. By the time I'd finished playing insurance companies off each other, I paid £150 less than the year before :D

Yes, your renewal went down by exactly £1.72

Thats strange my renewal came in £100 more. I have had 1 claim, however i have protected no claims bonus and surley thats the point of protection ?

Protected No claims Bonus = You pay an up front charge on top of your insurance and if you dont claim, the insurance company wins. If you do claim, you win. Isnt that correct ?

If so not sure why mine has risen if no supra premiums should be rising this year ?

well, sorry to all with an increase :rolleyes:, my new quote has just arrived and its down :). last year (first with sky) £275 ish, this year £245.23. thats me and the old gal, full ncd protected 9 years without a claim but one of us got 3 pnts last year :p:p