The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

if you want any clarification on this, as it does seem to be an issue for you, my phone number is 0208 3645500.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Thanks Ollie i will, i know i seem to keep raising my head on this issue, i will ring tomorrow if your around, Cheers.

Okay... Just a little confused here...(And I'm going to make sure this is transparent for others to see)

Just received notification of my renewal...In the paperwork there are two forms.

1. QBE Renewal invitation which has a premium quoted of £380

2. The sky letterheaded paperwork which contains a nice box with premium £516.00

Spoke to Jason on the phone who said that there are additional addons such as a £21 for uninsured loss, plus some other bits... Firstly they aren't detailed on the form and I like to know what I'm paying for, secondly why is there a £136 difference?

Needless to say I await your response on this one with interest.

There is a 13% admin fee listed on my renewal if you pay monthly (along with the £21 for "uninsured loss recovery") so maybe it's £380 from the insurer, SKY add the £21 to make £401, then the 13% to make £453.13 and the remaining ~£63 is profit for SKY?

Or maybe they included the £49.95 AA cover?

Mine is due for renewal on Monday, I'm waiting for 5 quotes to come back from other companies first though.

Okay... Just a little confused here...(And I'm going to make sure this is transparent for others to see)

Just received notification of my renewal...In the paperwork there are two forms.

1. QBE Renewal invitation which has a premium quoted of £380

2. The sky letterheaded paperwork which contains a nice box with premium £516.00

Spoke to Jason on the phone who said that there are additional addons such as a £21 for uninsured loss, plus some other bits... Firstly they aren't detailed on the form and I like to know what I'm paying for, secondly why is there a £136 difference?

Needless to say I await your response on this one with interest.

Hi Gav,

I'm going to need to look into this one, please can you PM me your details (full name, postcode). Would you like me to post the answer on the public forum or by PM?

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Hi Gav,

I'm going to need to look into this one, please can you PM me your details (full name, postcode). Would you like me to post the answer on the public forum or by PM?

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Private details provided...

Well i have a bit of a delimma with sky at the mo.

I have used sky for a few years and they are our main insurer over on the GT4OC of which I am still Chairman (no on else wants the job).

I contacted sky when I brought the supra and had the policy transfered over for £40 and was told that come renewal time (now) they would do be the best price. At this time I wasnt a member here and had no card or number, Anyway my renewal quote came through and it seemed a lot higher than my old modified ST205 GT4, so I phoned up and asked if they could relook at the quote as I was now a member of the club only to be told the quote already took this into consideration:rolleyes: How could that be, how did they know I have joined, no-one has asked for my membership number.

Im also not too happy as I was speaking to a few owners at silverstone on sunday and folk with big modded TT supra's seem to be paying less than my quote, now I know every quote will depend on lots of factors but none of it made sense to me as I have a great driving record and live in a very rural area, car garaged, cat 1 etc.....

Can you help me please Ollie;)

Regards

I phoned up and asked if they could relook at the quote as I was now a member of the club only to be told the quote already took this into consideration:rolleyes: How could that be, how did they know I have joined, no-one has asked for my membership number.

Probably the discount from your other club? I changed from a Supra to a 200sx I was not part of SXOC at that time but because I was a member of Mkivsupra.net they gave me the discount.

Will Sky insure an 18 year old with 1 years NCB?

I hope not doubt it but give them a call and ask :)

Graham @ Sky called me tonight to remind me that my insurance is due and would renew automatically if I didn't cancel it by Saturday afternoon, most companies would keep quiet and grab some money. So that's a nice touch.

Probably the discount from your other club? I changed from a Supra to a 200sx I was not part of SXOC at that time but because I was a member of Mkivsupra.net they gave me the discount.

Thats a fair point james, but I was told when I swaped the policy over that a N/A supra would be no more than my Modded GT4 yet it has come up £60 more expensive:(

Regards

Guest Phil Scott

So far i've been gettin quotes of around £2100 on a non turbo, and £2500-£2600 on twin turbo. That's TPFT, Fully Comp puts it up quite a bit. Seems very low to me though?? Suprised anyone would insure me at all

Edited by Phil Scott (see edit history)

So far i've been gettin quotes of around £2100 on a non turbo, and £2500-£2600 on twin turbo. That's TPFT, Fully Comp puts it up quite a bit. Seems very low to me though?? Suprised anyone would insure me at all

to be honest sounds bout right. Although chances are they havent got them as imports and Uk TT is gnerally cheaper to insure, when i was 18 i checked out supra insurance and mine was quoted around £2500 - £3000

Well i have a bit of a delimma with sky at the mo.

I have used sky for a few years and they are our main insurer over on the GT4OC of which I am still Chairman (no on else wants the job).

I contacted sky when I brought the supra and had the policy transfered over for £40 and was told that come renewal time (now) they would do be the best price. At this time I wasnt a member here and had no card or number, Anyway my renewal quote came through and it seemed a lot higher than my old modified ST205 GT4, so I phoned up and asked if they could relook at the quote as I was now a member of the club only to be told the quote already took this into consideration:rolleyes: How could that be, how did they know I have joined, no-one has asked for my membership number.

Im also not too happy as I was speaking to a few owners at silverstone on sunday and folk with big modded TT supra's seem to be paying less than my quote, now I know every quote will depend on lots of factors but none of it made sense to me as I have a great driving record and live in a very rural area, car garaged, cat 1 etc.....

Can you help me please Ollie;)

Regards

Hi Bazza,

We have on screen that you are a high profile member (admin) of a club therefore you GT4OC discount has automatically been applied to you quote.

I am just looking into the price at the moment with one of my colleagues, I will drop you a PM.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Just insured with Sky for the first time today.

93 Jspec 6 sp TT.

Thanks to Graham for his help.

£470 Fully Comp inc mods- BPU, UK Brakes, Pod Gauges, New Bodykit & New Spanky 19" Wheels.

I almost feel sorry for all the 20 year olds on here :D

Just like to add my thanks to Sky, Ollie and Jasen, phoned around a lot of places (nightmare) and the nearest to Sky was Tesco but as soon as I started talking about BPU mods it was obvious they didnt have a clue. got fully comp, protected, £250 excess a few other bits for £360 ish, but Im old and full no claims.

Good one guys.

Bob.

Just like to add my thanks to Sky, Ollie and Jasen, phoned around a lot of places (nightmare) and the nearest to Sky was Tesco but as soon as I started talking about BPU mods it was obvious they didnt have a clue. got fully comp, protected, £250 excess a few other bits for £360 ish, but Im old and full no claims.

Good one guys.

Bob.

Thanks for the great feedback Bob... any queries I'm only at the end of a private message :)

Cheers

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Hi Sky...

Got a modded Smart Fortwo (:blink:) wide wheels, lowered, remapped to 101 BHP.

I suppose someone has to :p

Is it the sort of thing you may be interested in quoting for or do you just go for bigger pwer stuff ?

Cheers

G

We'll certainly have a go, drop me a PM with your name, phone number and a convenient time to call?

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Bait...

Got quoted from Sky, good but still high compared to some in this thread.

I'm 48, and my records squeaky clean, full no claims etc

I'm puzzled at some low low figures quoted in this thread...is Dorset highly loaded or something ?

Bait...

Got quoted from Sky, good but still high compared to some in this thread.

I'm 48, and my records squeaky clean, full no claims etc

I'm puzzled at some low low figures quoted in this thread...is Dorset highly loaded or something ?

They've seen how you dress and the style police have been speaking to them :D