The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Ollie, received my renewal notice today.

Hi,

I have looked in this for you as I said in my PM.

Unfortunately, due to your postcode we were unable to place you with the underwriter we use for our car club scheme as your postcode is excluded. We found another standard insurance company to place you with but unfortunately we have no say so over their rates.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you on this case.

My apologies.

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Ollie, received my renewal notice today. To say I fell through the floor is an understatement. It has exponentiated from £750(?) to £1280!

To others reading this, I have not made a claim this last year, or indeed, in 31 years of driving. It is an NA, locked up in an upmarket area of Liverpool, with a Cat! alarm system. I also only use it of a weekend, and as such have a 5000 mileage restriction!

I will not hear of it being a postcode issue, as there has been several reports lately that Liverpool lags far behind the likes of London, Manchester, Leeds and others I can't remember in car crime/theft incidences.

The thought or my imminent renewal has been on my mind of late, so I have paid attention to Threads where this is mentioned.

Naming no names, members on here in their early 20s with J-spec TTs are paying what I have been quoted, some even less with 6 points on their licence. I have none.

Surely this is a mistake? To boot, I was not happy paying last years premium, but done so more in naivety than anything. Having been a member on here for almost a year, I conclude that LAST years premium seems, retrospectively, excessive.

Prior to owning a Supra, I owned several Porsches, the last being a 944 S2 Turbo, with the same criteria EXACTLY as the Supra, yet the most I ever paid was £354.

I look forward to your reply, and should this quote be correct, its justification to a 48 year old, never claimed, occasional user.

Wow thats awful, where did you move from?

Try Bell mate, been with them years and just renewed my UK TT for £250 comp with protected no claims with alloys and exhaust declared :)

TBH Bell seem to come up trumps year after year unlike some companies that quote cheap to start and then double in the second year.

I did consider paying extra at one stage to go with Sky because of the agreed value thing but now it seems that this isn't an option?

Try Bell mate, been with them years and just renewed my UK TT for £250 comp with protected no claims with alloys and exhaust declared :)

TBH Bell seem to come up trumps year after year unlike some companies that quote cheap to start and then double in the second year.

I did consider paying extra at one stage to go with Sky because of the agreed value thing but now it seems that this isn't an option?

Got their number/website please:)

Thought I'd post that I'm back with Sky again this year, my lowest price yet... although when I got the cover note and forms to sign and post back there were some minor inaccuracies on the form that I've corrected.

The form also said 8 years no claims... which is correct (7 years when leaving Sky last year) but my insurer for the past year maxed out at 5 years which is all that it states on my renewal letter.

I'm hoping these things don't mean I'm going to end up paying more... but I haven't heard anything (still waiting on the full certificate).

Ollie,

you guys sponsored our Supra Pod event last year, Jae and David arranged it.

Is that something you fancy doing again this year? Its on October 18th at Santa Pod, all Supra turnout with a few invited guests. Jae and David both came along last year as well.

Let me know if thats something Sky want to consider.

thanks

Not much feedback recently guys??:search:

If anyone gets a price from us, please post it up. If we are good/bad on price, we would like to know about it!

I got a really good price from you last week when I was buying my supra, I switched over the insurance from my prelude to the supra and it worked out at £58 more per year, which I was very impressed with considering the power difference etc.

I think the price was somewhere around £580, and I'm 25 with 7 (or 8) years NCB and no points. This is on a JDM GZ TT aerotop.

Jae/Ollie

I was rather disappointed with the quotation I received today. £601 for an NA 5spd worth £1k. I have 14 years no claims, no points/convictions ever and only do 1000 miles a year. It's not far off what I was paying for a 430bhp TT 6spd with Guaranteed value for £12k, in fact it's not even that far off what I paid for a T67 single worth £14k! Why so much? I'm at the same address as before

Also you can't add this to my current policy so need to take out a brand new one - can't you do 2 car policies or is this a restriction on the one I have?

Can one of you take a look and let me know if there's anything you can do? Otherwise I'm going to have to stop the current policy and get a fresh one to cover both cars :( Darn insurance, why is it always so difficult (moan, grumble, etc!)

Jae/Ollie

I was rather disappointed with the quotation I received today. £601 for an NA 5spd worth £1k. I have 14 years no claims, no points/convictions ever and only do 1000 miles a year. It's not far off what I was paying for a 430bhp TT 6spd with Guaranteed value for £12k, in fact it's not even that far off what I paid for a T67 single worth £14k! Why so much? I'm at the same address as before

Also you can't add this to my current policy so need to take out a brand new one - can't you do 2 car policies or is this a restriction on the one I have?

Can one of you take a look and let me know if there's anything you can do? Otherwise I'm going to have to stop the current policy and get a fresh one to cover both cars :( Darn insurance, why is it always so difficult (moan, grumble, etc!)

Hi,

can you PM me your full name and postcode and I'll have a look at this for you?

Thanks

Ollie

hey homer

try a-plan matey i did for the skyline, tbh i wouldent give sky another look, they hiked the price of my renewal up alot and blamed it on insurance costs, the service wasnt the best either, i must admit though once ollie got wind of it he atlease tryed to put it rite

Just a quick note on the point above.. no mkiv Supra club member should be seeing a raise on their renewal price unless you have picked up points / had a claim in the last 12 months. We have negotiated a freeze on increase in renewal prices as your Supras are performing well.

Ollie

hey ollie, i diddnt have any accidents, claims or points on my licence, yet i was quoted over 100 quid more on renewal, thats why i diddnt even try sky when i got the skyline

as for the service thing, i just think its a few employees of sky letting you down, but when calling i diddnt always get to speak to you and that would be the case for many members here im sure. but as i said once you got wind of it you were rite on it, still by that time i had already sorted other arrangements

still good idea with the price freeze

alex

Jae/Ollie

I was rather disappointed with the quotation I received today. £601 for an NA 5spd worth £1k.

Hi again,

having listened to the phone call... Can you just confirm some details.. you have stated this is the GZ model in the call but in the message above you say it it an NA. We have calculated the premium on the GZ.

If it is not the GZ, we'll have to run this through again.. also, due to the value of the vehicle, are you willing to go with TPFT cover?

Thanks

Ollie

hey ollie, i diddnt have any accidents, claims or points on my licence, yet i was quoted over 100 quid more on renewal, thats why i diddnt even try sky when i got the skyline

as for the service thing, i just think its a few employees of sky letting you down, but when calling i diddnt always get to speak to you and that would be the case for many members here im sure. but as i said once you got wind of it you were rite on it, still by that time i had already sorted other arrangements

still good idea with the price freeze

alex

Hi Alex,

unfortunately I cannot get involved in every club member case.. we work with 80+ car clubs so I am pretty busy with these. The Mkiv Supra club is one of our top performing clubs so we do our very best to keep you guys happy.. I'm always at the end of a PM or email if anyone needs my assistance.

The price freeze has only just been (re) negotiated.

Apologies we were unable to help you this time, hopefully you'll give us a try next year.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance