The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

I can only agree with the above comments, im very happy with Sky sorting the insurance on my Supra and my Landcruiser, ive only had exellent service and hope this continues,

My only grumble is i think i pay to much on the Landcruiser compared to the Supra

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

just to clear this up.. as things stand we are unable offer agreed values for new business customers, we can only offer this for existing customers who had the agreed value last year.

The agreed value option costs £72.50 for the year, the majority of that going to the actual insure for administration costs.

How do we agree a value? We ask the customer to state the value of the car based on how much they would be willing to pay for it (including mods) OR how how much it would sell for, to a like minded car enthusiast. We also ask for colour photos, MOT certificate and we have a list of all modifications. Generally we find that the customer will put down an accurate value for the vehicle.

regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

ps.. apologies for the delay in answering this question.

Shame about this as mine is due in 2 weeks and i want agreed evaluation.

well sky have took a great big bump on my policy!!

ive been away from home for a bit came home to find the policy has been cancelled :tongue:

i diddnt even get a call or a p.m to tell me what was going on just cancelled, ive been with sky for about 14-15 months too

ollie can you look into this for me and let me know if anything can be done

if not ill have to find another insurer

alex

well sky have took a great big bump on my policy!!

ive been away from home for a bit came home to find the policy has been cancelled :tongue:

i diddnt even get a call or a p.m to tell me what was going on just cancelled, ive been with sky for about 14-15 months too

ollie can you look into this for me and let me know if anything can be done

if not ill have to find another insurer

alex

I'll send you a PM Alex, I'm going to need your details to look into this.

Thanks

Ollie

• 1 month later...
Guest poodle

i was quoted happy by sky, but when i phoned up to check and confirm the details of the quote i was then told i was in a postcode which is excluded by all the insurance companies that they use and that they couldnt quote me at all. so whats the crack there, anyone reccomend anywhere else? IM 30 this year with 5 years no claims and dont appear to be able to get a sensible quote although if i moved 5 miles down the road i would pay half the price.

I renewed recently, paid extra for agreed value, sent back all signed paper work, agreed value form within the time limit about a month ago. Had no reply. been ringing them every other day but they said they havent receved the agreed value paperwork. I sent everything in one envelope. Keep being told id get a phone call back but nothing. Not renewing with them next year!

Guest poodle

oh i got a top quote, but upon checking the policy was told they wouldnt stand by that quote and now i cant get quoted at all :) im near 30 years old with 5 yrs ncb and they wont quote me!!

Edited by poodle (see edit history)

I renewed recently, paid extra for agreed value, sent back all signed paper work, agreed value form within the time limit about a month ago. Had no reply. been ringing them every other day but they said they havent receved the agreed value paperwork. I sent everything in one envelope. Keep being told id get a phone call back but nothing. Not renewing with them next year!

Hi ,

my apologies for the problems, is it possible to PM your your full name and postcode, I will look into this.

If anyone ever has problems contactting us, please PM me and I will arrange a call back.

Thanks

OllieSky Insurance

oh i got a top quote, but upon checking the policy was told they wouldnt stand by that quote and now i cant get quoted at all :) im near 30 years old with 5 yrs ncb and they wont quote me!!

Hi,

apologies for this, it seems we have wasted your time. Unfortunately we have certain postcodes which we cannot touch, this is dictated by our insurers.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I think it would put people off. Especially if the price has increased during the year. Can you imagine filling the car up with petrol and seeing a sign showing the price of petrol last year as a comparison. That would give me the right hump!

Bit like bullseyes "have a look at what you could have one" :)

Jae

Chaps -

I got my policy paperwork through that needs to be sent back, but don't have an pre-addressed envelope.

Whats the return address I need to send them to?

Cheers

If you send them to the address below you won't need to out a stamp on it.

Sky Insurance

Freepost BBT799

Enfield

EN1 1BR

J

I think it would put people off. Especially if the price has increased during the year. Can you imagine filling the car up with petrol and seeing a sign showing the price of petrol last year as a comparison. That would give me the right hump!

Bit like bullseyes "have a look at what you could have one" :)

I'll just dig out my docs from last year and get the hump then I guess :)

Well Ive just renewed my insurance with them £805 including agreed value. Which i'm happy with. I think I could of got cheaper off Aplan (they kept calling me to say they could go cheaper) but I said to sky if you can hit £800 with agreed value ill pay right now. Agreed value is a winner for me :)