The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

I have just had to renew mine and I was with SKY. They messed me about last year and said they would take that into account this year but never did. They were given the oportunity to better the quote this year but never got back to me.

So I decided to look around and found loads of quotes better than theirs, even on the general search engines. Got even better deals when I bothered to phone some up. In the end I settled for a quote substantially lower and am going with them. SKY, Club insurers!!!, not sure about that.

So far ive had loads of quotes better than SKY one was £200 less BUT. Not like for like, however ive had one quote like for like thats plenty lower from Adrian Flux so will phone and see if they will beat it.

I am very dissapionted however that SKY have not responded to the many posts on here saying their premiums have gone up. Why is there no response to these posts. SKY appear to have promised in previous posts that premiums will not rise, yet many appear to have met SKYs criteria and premiums still risen.

I am very dissapionted however that SKY have not responded to the many posts on here saying their premiums have gone up. Why is there no response to these posts. SKY appear to have promised in previous posts that premiums will not rise, yet many appear to have met SKYs criteria and premiums still risen.

Hi, I can only see 1/2 people who have had a rise in premium since posting about the price freeze. There may be reasons behind the increase in renewal and I have PM'd the customers for their details so I can look into their renewals...

With regards to not responding fast enough.. I was at JAE this weekend with the rest of the Sky team, I had a very busy day yesterday catching up after 3 days away from the computer.

Regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I have just had to renew mine and I was with SKY. They messed me about last year and said they would take that into account this year but never did. They were given the oportunity to better the quote this year but never got back to me.

Hi,

apologies for this. If anyone else has similar problems please PM me and I'll get on them straight away.

The nature of insurance is that we cannot please everyone/beat every price out there, hopefully some of you can understand that :)

Ollie

Sky Insurance

maybe a second club insurer would be a good idea, may create some healthy competition, and maybe able to insure the younger memebers of the club

If you find an acceptable policy, which is cheaper than Sky (and they can't match it) feel free to go with that company ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Finno-Rz

Em stupid question people but can I get insurance for my TT in Ireland of an English based insurer like Sky for example?

Insured my baby over here last year for a ridiculous quote under my dad's name too!! I was a 2nd driver!!! I need help badly!! U could nearly buy another supra for the amount I'm paying!!!LOL Bit ott there!!

Em stupid question people but can I get insurance for my TT in Ireland of an English based insurer like Sky for example?

Insured my baby over here last year for a ridiculous quote under my dad's name too!! I was a 2nd driver!!! I need help badly!! U could nearly buy another supra for the amount I'm paying!!!LOL Bit ott there!!

No, you live in Ireland, you need Irish insurance.

I had a quote from Sky today, and would like to say that the guy on the end of the phone was very helpful and new what he was talking about. I did a lot of calling to other companys before going to Sky, but was getting quotes anything from £464 up to £1600. But the quote i got was a lot cheaper than the lowest i had found. So would just like to say Cheers! and cant wait to get my car back on the road next month!!!!:D:d

there is cheaper but do you get the same cover ??

mine was £422ish stanard policy but for that bit extra i got the aggreed value again which for the extra ££ has got to be worth the extra 2k you get on payout should you need it

Its always worth paying the extra few pounds to get agreed value, However SKY doesn't do it for new customers so for all the new members that have joined since 2007 they cant get agreed value with SKY. Thats why i had to go with Warick Davis.