The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

They've seen how you dress and the style police have been speaking to them :D

lol :D

Hopefully you guys at Sky will still be as cheap as you quoted when I come to phone you next week (hopefully), as I may actually finally buy a Supra! Bleedin heck, something is probably gonna go wrong tho eh :p

lol :D

Hopefully you guys at Sky will still be as cheap as you quoted when I come to phone you next week (hopefully), as I may actually finally buy a Supra! Bleedin heck, something is probably gonna go wrong tho eh :p

And they were - thankyou sky, nice price :) £797 on a 96 TT (after taking into account paying over the year rather than upfront), £350 excess, I'm 23, 3 years NCB and an accident (my fault) 5 years ago.

Free legal cover aswell apparently, which I've never gone for before but does sound handy :)

All I have to do now is to get the car :D

Not heard back on my agreed value, i held the process up as i needed to get finished photo's of the car to you but its now been a while since youve had them, ive called your office and was told you'd be getting back to me.

Its ok as ive just received the paperwork so thanks to Sky for sorting this out.

One question ive got but nothing to do with the agreed value, could you do daily or weekly insurance on my Landcruiser ?

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest goughandrew

I rang Sky 1yr ago when I first got my '95 standard J-spec. Was quoted £1400 by tesco for fully comp with a cat1 on it. Rang Sky up and they said that was a good quote!

Bearing in mind I'm 29 now, have 6 points granted :rolleyes: 3 from '06 and 3 from last year, but have only had 1 accident in 12 years of driving, is this roughly what Sky would be asking too?!

Thinking of getting rid of her simply because of the cost of ins and fuel nowadays, but if the insurance came down a few hundred, i might be able to keep it :cool:

Guest Amanda M

My quotes were coming up the same price due to me not having more than 1 years NCB. So i tried Lancaster Insurance and got it for £660.40 fully comp :)

its only for non-imports though.

Yes i understand that :) my supra and my leon are both covered with sky but was looking to possibly get daily or weekly insurance on my landcruiser if i needed to use it in the future ;)

Hi Ollie, My insurance runs out next week, Now i know i keep raising this issue about agreed value, However its something i really want after spending money on the supra, i have had a couple of quotes for insurance, i just wondered if its still out of the question that you do agreed value for new customers? If by any means you can arrange agreed value i will ring you other wise i wouldnt want to waste my time or yours, If you could get back to me on this, Thanks.

Insurance renewal came up today, only had the VVTI since April so it was on the UK spec policy.

Went through A-plan and Greenlight to see what came back. Aplan did £444, Greenlight did £560.

Pete has the same car as me and said Admiral do him proud. Gave them a call and they quoted £355. A-plan fell over with shock and said they couldnt go any lower.

Then gave Sky a call and they brought their renewal of £540 down to £374 with like for like replacement on mods (which admiral dont do).

So Im with Sky again for another year. Having spent a bit of time with Sky I know how their insurance works and why they cant quote like A-plan straight off but can match pretty much any quote.

So your best bet really is to shop around and find the very best quote you can, and then see what Sky can do to match it or beat it. If they cant beat it you can then go with the lowest quote from the other provider.

I know everybody expects them to quote the best straight out of the box but a little bit of groundwork can pay dividends. I would have been happy to have them match the A-plan quote until I saw what Admiral can do. I saved myself £170.

Now I just need them to sponsor Suprapod 08 and Im happy.

JB

Sadly its not worth me ringing sky because i want agreed value on my car after the money i have spent on it, So it looks like im going for Adrian Flux this year, even though they are more expensive, i get the cover i want :)

I got offered an agreed value policy this year but couldn't have one last time - might be worth a call to Sky to check before presuming you can't have something?