The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky Insurance - best policy, best price, best service

Preston is not that bad is it?? ( grew up in Accrington and went to uni in Preston and that surprises me)

Err well no, I lived in a 3 bedroom house(where they would quote me), 3 miles down the road from my new 5 bedroom house and my guess what my house insurance has gone down! because of the area I live in! Which just for the record is a "area of outstanding natural beauty" and a "area of conservation" and is owned by the national trust. This is literally 25 yards from my house, im not joking apart from the odd neighbour the main thing round here is squirrels, ducks(bottom of my garden is a massive duck pond) and dear. Damm those bloody squirrels for keep stealing Supra's!

Err well no, I lived in a 3 bedroom house(where they would quote me), 3 miles down the road from my new 5 bedroom house and my guess what my house insurance has gone down! because of the area I live in! Which just for the record is a "area of outstanding natural beauty" and a "area of conservation" and is owned by the national trust. This is literally 25 yards from my house, im not joking apart from the odd neighbour the main thing round here is squirrels, ducks(bottom of my garden is a massive duck pond) and dear. Damm those bloody squirrels for keep stealing Supra's!

Pesky buggers arent they :D

Preston as a whole isnt that bad an area but it is a bummer for insurance. It cost me an extra 350 quid to insure my supra here when i moved back from Wigan.

Thanks for checking things out Ollie, but I'm afraid Sky have lost me as a customer, got a better quote by over £100 with all the same benefits, perhaps more, and including agreed value at the same amount:)

That agreed value has alot too answer for, just looked in march issue of japanese performance and there are 2 brokers that still do this. The sooner sky bring it back the better.

Pesky buggers arent they :D

Preston as a whole isnt that bad an area but it is a bummer for insurance. It cost me an extra 350 quid to insure my supra here when i moved back from Wigan.

That's the weird thing my insurance on the Supra (A-Plan), house (Tesco) and other new car(Direct Line) have all gone down in price :search:

you know ive just renewed with sky and my premium has gone up by a bit too

even after moving house and the new garage is alarmed too:search:

what is the deal with sky ATM ollie?

i also had a look at a few other places for insurance and there were a few lower prices i must admit (but i do like the service at sky);)

alex

• 2 weeks later...

I PM'd Sky a week ago to notify them that I'll be moving back to London and today I've received a letter from them in the post saying that my premium will increase by 420 quid! :scare:

This is must really be a joke! I believe that I'm already paying way too much for only a third party, theft and fire considering my age, the amount of years I hold a licence and that I've never had an accident or being involved in one before.

Fair enough, there's more dangers in London but the car will be kept on a private carpark off the street.

I think Sky are really taking the p*ss here, I know they're just "the middlemen" but I doubt their abilities to negociate policies with insurers. I mean c'mon, 420 quid for moving from Bracknell to Ealing, total 1500 a year for a third party including the member's discount... Yeah right.

I'm trying to find out if I'll have pay anything for cancelling, does anyone know?

Rant mode off - thanks for reading :)

I am with Michael on this, unless your car is a shed, and you have the cash to recover the vehicle (and everything else that you get with fully comp) I just do not understand why people consider third TPFT.

This is not the point. That's another discussion. The reason I posted on here was to share with you guys my experience to have your views if it's normal to get such an increase on an already expensive premium.

This is not the point. That's another discussion. The reason I posted on here was to share with you guys my experience to have your views if it's normal to get such an increase on an already expensive premium.

that is quite a steep rise, how much are you paying already?

• 2 weeks later...
I have gone with an agreed value with sky for 2 years now, and am questioning whether it is worth it? - views people please?:search:

The agreed value is worth it's weight in gold IMO :D It's pretty cheap to have (so long as you're an existing customer) and provides a huge reassurance if the worse should happen.