The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Trader Status Removed

Branners

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder where the guys from Turbofit are working now? we have to remember that they were the ones who did alot of the work that went wrong.

Word around the campfire was that Slowdog did abit of work there AFTER his forum booting.

Yeah i remember talking to Burt about that on the phone, was a piss take to say the least as his car was perfect. I decided to go with the same place Burt used (Phoenix) to fit my single and i've never ever had a leak or problem with how the kit fits.

so it was not you i saw having work done at turbofit then

look am not gonna sit here and say people did not have alot of probs as it seems there was quite a few but it seems that alot of people are jumping on the band wagon

And John am sorry your post is completly untrue when it comes to the oil pump isssue and Pig i personally am offended as i took the time to explain the oil pump as a mate to you after i witnessed both the faliure of yours and mine

Guest Geneb

at the end of the day they have gone and i hope certain people get compensation but if they have folded because of debt then that looks unlikely.

if people just left the Supra alone instead of putting single turbo's on them and N/A-T converstions theis situation would not be happening

look am not gonna sit here and say people did not have alot of probs as it seems there was quite a few but it seems that alot of people are jumping on the band wagon

With a good reason. They were total shit. The membership is better off without them. No-one is stopping you taking your car to Greg. But the simple fact of the matter is - TF was not nor ever was worth trader sponsorship of this club.

if people had just left TF alone this situation would not be happening

Very true!!

if people just left the Supra alone instead of putting single turbo's on them and N/A-T converstions theis situation would not be happening

Yet you want SAFC on an NA?!

Some folk are doing quite well with single turbos thanks ;)

People scoff at me taking my time to do mine, but sometimes its a job that cant be hurried.

so it was not you i saw having work done at turbofit then

And John am sorry your post is completly untrue when it comes to the oil pump isssue and Pig i personally am offended as i took the time to explain the oil pump as a mate to you after i witnessed both the faliure of yours and mine

no you are right it was me, they removed the emanage,plugged the aem/dli until dan turned up to wire it in properly ( auto box wires are different on aristo). They also relocated my induction kit under the headlight, did i say i had a problem with any of that? i also had a problem with the fact they charged me 2 hours labour for fixing my wastegate problem but they didnt and i had to pay dan to sort it out in the end, did i jump on the wagon and come out with that? no but seen as you brought me into i'll say it now.

Sorry mate, i dont remember that TBH.

After discussing it with chris wilson, he informed me that it needs to be torqued not tightened too hard. My tech knowledge isnt very good at all but i do think this is what caused the leak.

and before anyone asks didnt i check the wastegate was working properly before i took it away, dan set a fuel cut at 0.8 bar and Greg was supposed to fit a 0.5bar spring but accidently stuck a 1bar spring in so we couldn't check. The problem was actually a great big hole in one of the rubber hoses comming off the wastegate, now surely if i paid Greg to sort the overboosting wastegate the hoses would have been checked? or is that my job aswell?

Sorry mate, i dont remember that TBH.

After discussing it with chris wilson, he informed me that it needs to be torqued not tightened too hard. My tech knowledge isnt very good at all but i do think this is what caused the leak.

i rebuilt my engine so therefore i fitted my brand new oil pump i did not torque the bolts and i as you now maintain comercial airliners for a living so know how to tighten a bolt and my pump sufferd the same as yours the failure is no where near a bolt hole the failure is in the casting

as i said am trying nt to get to involved here and must say i too am quite disgusted by few of the stories all am saying is that i have never personally witnessed any of these

i wish everyoe with these problems all the best in resolving them and would be happy to contact greg/sam on there behalf

and rob what i meant was not if they were so bad then why after seeing the "the crap work" did you allow work to be accomplished on the car

I let Greg sort the wastegate because i got the wastegate off him 18 months ago. The relocating of the induction kit is not something you can mess up really now is it and the other jobs like removing the emanage aren't exactly difficult, its not like they fitted anything important like turbokit injectors. No one else i knew of could relocate the induction kit so that they i let them do it.

Guest Geneb
Yet you want SAFC on an NA?!

Only because i cant be fooked to sell it to the muppets on ebay who claim bad goods for the slightest thing i.e. a tear in the cardboard box..

............................but im my opinion (and many others) TF have destroyed the reputation of the 2jzgte in the UK. The mkiv engine just does not fail on the frequency they were seeing. I have never heard of a crank fail in a mkiv, how many did TF replace in the end? The internal oil pump design has NOT been changed by Toyota, its still the same but with the extra mounting point on the outside. Crank oil seals do fail, but on the regularity that we saw from TF?

JB

You hit nail on the head John. The bullet proof status of the 2JZGTE has taken a real knock. This, in the long term, has an impact on the whole Supra community, not just those poor individuals who have suffered at the hands of TF. The number that failed and at such comparatively low powers levels is appalling. The one component that has, until recently, that was seen as perfectly good for huge power levels, was the crank.

I have stripped a number of short block including one run consistently at 900bhp as a drag car. There was no difference in the wear of the shells in the 900bph motor and those on stock or bph motors, all were fine. I have a motor here designed to hold 9000 rpm and deliver 1000bhp , and it has a stock crank. The only conclusion that can be made is that the TF build process was fundamentally flawed.

Just got back from sunny canaries and thought I would pop on here to see if anything is going on !!!

I am sad to see it has come to this but as a member that has a car with no engine and more than 10K spent at TF I am not shocked, I used them because they got rave ratings and I had been ripped off before, I feel the whole tuning world is a minefield and I have choosen Phoenix to sort out my car as of next week, I was very close to geting the rebuild done at TF, close call IMO :(

I wonder where the guys from Turbofit are working now? we have to remember that they were the ones who did alot of the work that went wrong.

The good news is they are all still in work, them will be working over the road under JP thingy majig.

Les at JDP, he knows his way round supras very well and has worked on mine a good few times now, ill be taking my car to him from now on for all mechanical work:)

Reading between the lines, this could very well be the place to find them now... ;)

Shocked! I've spend the odd day or two up with Turbofit as it got rave recommendations, even though I was a "200 miles round trip" away. I found them very friendly and helpful, Greg especially.

So, living near Bracknell, Reading - where SHOULD I be going for servicing, maintenance, clutch fitting, etc...someone nice and close would be ideal, but I don't know who to trust now! Unfortunately Chris Wilson is way too far away!