The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Trader Status Removed

Branners

I am truley gutted to be reading this :(

i have used turbofit from the start, they did by bpu, cambelt and service shortly after i got the car and i was really happy with the work. So i always went back there even though it was a 240 mile round trip. They did my single conversion too only a few months back, and again i was over the moon with what they did, Greg and Sam are great people and i enjoyed spending my days there when they worked on my car. Greg always took the time to explain how things worked when i asked, and his knowledge of these cars is endless.

i hope things work out for them

Well knowing how things went with MKIV i understand how you feel, Martin lost the plot, perhaps turbofit have too, i think it is a stressful business as forum based demands are high, despite what i have said you should use whomever you are happy with:)

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did my single conversion too only a few months back, and again i was over the moon with what they did

Get it checked Jon, I noticed a whole load of issues with the install at JAE. I wanted to talk to you about it but, lets just say you didn't look in a suitable condition to talk about turbo things at the time :(

Really....I never thought they were that pricey

lol try

fmic,

front and rear discs and pads and braided lines,

spark plugs,

vacuum pipes

air con removed

all parts provided by me

£900 and 12.5 hours labour despite my car getting to them at 10am and being finished at 415

lol try

fmic,

front and rear discs and pads and braided lines,

spark plugs,

vacuum pipes

air con removed

all parts provided by me

£900 and 12.5 hours labour despite my car getting to them at 10am and being finished at 415

:D

Lol Gaz mate, i realise you had trouble with Martin, I think i would of had but will not take crap, i actually saw your car whilst at interpro one day, i think the whole game is a diificult business, but i feel the forum is getting better, for me interpro are ok, what they did under contract for Martin was what he asked/told them to, but they are no fans of him, your car is fine though Gaz she looks awesome, lets hope we can all get traders on here we trust, i'm sure there will always be issues, but it is how they are sorted out that counts, perhaps we should use you as a tester!!:)

mmmm club tester hey, will chat to branners to see if he will sponser the next lot of work :sly:

Guest gzaerojon
Get it checked Jon, I noticed a whole load of issues with the install at JAE. I wanted to talk to you about it but, lets just say you didn't look in a suitable condition to talk about turbo things at the time :(

really? i can probably name a few, but this is mostly down to me and my low budget ;) like the 2 water feeds that are blanked off, i will be getting another one properly welded up, ground down and polished. little things like that really...

what did you notice?

mmmm club tester hey, will chat to branners to see if he will sponser the next lot of work :sly:

Not bl**dy likely. What I'd recommend is you take your car to someone who is recommended by those in the know, rather than by the 'masses' on the forum. I guess the difficult part is knowing who really knows what they're saying; and who are non-techies who recommend any trader who successfully changed their oil once.

It as clear is day to me who the chancers are and who the real professionals are. Problem is, most times it's mentioned you get shouted down on-mass... so much so that most of the ones in-the-know don't bother trying anymore.

One things for sure, from now on there will be a far tougher stance on trader standards, regardless of what the forum majority say. Most of the mods have been here for a good few years and it's normally obvious who the clowns are. We have veto on any application.

really? i can probably name a few, but this is mostly down to me and my low budget ;) like the 2 water feeds that are blanked off, i will be getting another one properly welded up, ground down and polished. little things like that really...

what did you notice?

Just one example (though it is an unforgivably major one). The turbo position, hot oil will pool in the cartridge after the engine is shut down. you have no water cooling so the oil will bake there.

There's plenty more, suggest you start a thread in tech with pics asking for a critique.

Not bl**dy likely. What I'd recommend is you take your car to someone who is recommended by those in the know, rather than by the 'masses' on the forum. I guess the difficult part is knowing who really knows what they're saying; and who are non-techies who recommend any trader who successfully changed their oil once.

It as clear as day to me who the chances are and who the real professionals are. Problem is, most times it's mentioned you get shouted down on-mass... so much so that most of the ones in-the-know don't bother trying anymore.

One things for sure, from now on there will be a far tougher stance on trader standards, regardless of what the forum majority say. Most of the mods have been here for a good few years and it's normally obvious who the clowns are. We have veto on any application.

excuse me, i will chat to the organ grinder not the "cough" only kidding mate, i do know what you mean but it does take a while for us mere mortals to suss out who is who on here, and which advice is good and which is maybe not so good:D;)

when have mods been shouted down about traders (maybe i havent been here long enough to know)

Not the mods, but those in-the-know have been shouted down consistently. See Matt Harwoods post earlier in this thread for a typical example.

Not the mods, but those in-the-know have been shouted down consistently. See Matt Harwoods post earlier in this thread for a typical example.

i remember not listening to him 18 months ago it cost me, i was one of them he put right eventualy

As you've already hinted Gaz .. alot of the membership aren't Savvy. But if you read carefully certain threads in tech ... of who post the most ... you'll get a feel of who are the people you want to listen to.

What you don't want is some tuner to tell you - that a T61 being caned at 1bar of boost on stock Jspec fueling is OK. There's a thread on here somewhere recently.

As you've already hinted Gaz .. alot of the membership aren't Savvy. But if you read carefully certain threads in tech ... of who post the most ... you'll get a feel of who are the people you want to listen to.

What you don't want is some tuner to tell you - that a T61 being caned at 1bar of boost on stock Jspec fueling is OK. There's a thread on here somewhere recently.

i now have the knollege;) but agree with you on both points

I see what youre saying. If that is true its pretty bad, however its the nature of forums, where people make small groups that they stick to and unfortunately in that some people will shout down others 'in the know' . I digress but it happend pretty frequently in any of the 'islam' threads where people whom actually know about islam are constantly shouted down by people whom have never even met a muslim.

Looking at the dispute threads the sick comedy of using a woodscrew to secure the quickshift in Pig's car should have resulted in pretty much a ban straight away! To actually defend the use of a 1p woodscrew from B+Q in a performance 500bhp car is pretty ridiculous.

Its quite a british trait not to complain until things go badly wrong. Unfortunately if people did comment on the forum about faults on their car (including me!!) then maybe these issues would have been resolved earlier and theyd still be in business too.

Ross Juniper of Dragon Performance famous in RX7 circles said on one of the TOTB DVD'S : 'If you were going to modify your car then youd want to take it to the tuner with the fastest car' I cant think of anything truer in regards to tuning. And there are only really 3 main tuners in this country in that respect; Whifbitz, JPS and Envy

Uz .. if I've spent ££££'s on my car having something done to it .. I then go on the forum and understandably as I'm pleased as punch ... then do alot of tuner flag waving ...

When it does go Pete Tong - say a month later ... What do you think the chances of me swallowing some humble pie and admitting pubically on the forum that I made an error in judgement of my choice of tuner ?

Guest Geneb

well i would just like to say im sorry to hear TF have closed down and thank them for all the burgers and chicken legs and fizzy pop at the BBQ i ate loads and had a great time.. Nice people ,hope they manage to start up again this time properly where they actually charge people for the little jobs they do that way they will make a profit and provide the service and quality of work they originally intended to.

well i would just like to say im sorry to hear TF have closed down and thank them for all the burgers and chicken legs and fizzy pop at the BBQ i ate loads and had a great time.. Nice people ,hope they manage to start up again this time properly where they actually charge people for the little jobs they do that way they will make a profit and provide the service and quality of work they originally intended to.

And lets just hope they don't completely fuck up any more customers cars eh? Those fuck ups which cost (and will continue to cost) those members thousands to put right. Get a perspective on this Andy!

Guest Geneb
And lets just hope they don't completely fuck up any more customers cars eh? Those fuck ups which cost (and will continue to cost) those members thousands to put right. Get a perspective on this Andy!

Im beginning to think i've missed something.:search: But the burgers were really nice. and i hope all the cars get sorted one way or another..

Im beginning to think i've missed something.:search: But the burgers were really nice. and i hope all the cars get sorted one way or another..

Looks like you've missed a lot Andy. The dispute section is the tip of the iceburg. (Though this goes back much further than before that section was started).

Ok, well since my dispute is one of the ones mentioned, I think I should comment.

Firstly, the moderators have done a top job!! I have total respect for them, no matter what. They do what they do for the love of the cars and fellow members, nothing else. Thanks!!

I was one who disregarded what Matt H said, and I have accepted the "I told you so"s, wich I completely deserve.

I went on what the masses were saying, not what those in the know said. My mistake. I now have 3 - 4 people on here whos opinion will be what I trust from now on. They are here for nothing else other than the cars and fellow members. Not the money like most traders.

I have othing against Sam and Greg as people, however the way they have done business is disgusting. I hope that they are never allowed to do business again.

I love how some people were contacted, however, I was not. I have been trying to contact then for days/weeks now with no success.

Its been said before.... Its not about how they deal with success, its how they deal with the issues that are raised against them.

Turbofit/Sam/Greg have done so poorly at this that I have now bee forced to take matters to small claims court. How is that a way to do business?

EDIT - I am absolutely so P***ED off that they have closed shop and not even tried to solve my problems. Ignorance seems to be their way of doing business.

ref. knight racer I was down there yesterday and Albert showed me round there new offices and set up :)

Yea its a nice setup knightracer have there, just picked mine up yesterday from there, had a few jobs done by Knightracer and Les at JDP, he knows his way round supras very well and has worked on mine a good few times now, ill be taking my car to him from now on for all mechanical work:)