The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Trader Status Removed

Branners

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was PHR's what I am trying to say is Turbofits installs are not the only turbo's to let go are they there are many more.

Maybe, but I bet the ratio of knackered TF turbos/installs far outweigh all of the others put together...

I still refer to the fact as well that my previous install was done by TF 20k miles and I hammered it. Many would vouch for how I drive and I use my car to its potential. Yet every has "skirted" around that point as I suppose it was a TF success story which is quite clear the aim of this thread is quite the opposite

Again refering to ratios, with all the installs they did, the law of averages must state that they would eventually get one right! :D

an oppurtunity for some to "big themselves up".

Some people don't need anyone to big them up. Their work and/or knowledge can speak for itself.

I'm certainly not trying to 'big myself up' as you put it, but I AM pleased that people can finally see what I saw and tried to tell people over a year ago.

Oh, that's a shame :(

It would make interesting reading with the benefit of hindsight.

true, which is why we have looked everywhere for it and theres just no trace. Its a bugger really but we didnt think at the time to move it to a different area.

JB

I agree with Gamer.

The work TF did on my car wasn't great and I'm sure they caused the turbo seal problem (partially) and despite replacing the valve stem seals which they said still needed doing, it still smoked a little.

However, it went to the new owner in excellent condition and has been completely fault free for the last 3-4 months. It really was perfect. I'd never let a car go in poor or even in non-perfect condition which is why I kept ploughing in my dough to put things right.

It's all getting far too sensitive now though. TF are a real let down - FACT, and they've sadly let down a high quantity of members - FACT, and it's a relief they've now had their trader status removed - FACT. End of really.

But at what cost ? That's the point! Want an example ? ToyotaTom. Sadly, the thread has since been delted.

At whatever cost it takes... just because they have worked on a car does not mean people should be tapping away at the epitaph for the tombstone just yet.

I am fully aware of Tom's problems. I was one of the ones in that thread slating TF for the work they did on that car along with Terry, Burt, Matt and a few others. I seen it for myself up close on a few occasions and I agreed that the work done was shoddy to say the least.

My reasons for choosing TF to do work for me even after I knew about the problems with Toms install were purely financial and logistical. I purchased a complete 6 Speed conversion from Jezzy, TF were just down the road from Jezzy so from a logistical standpoint it made sense to have it done there. TF had successfully completed a few 6 speed conversions with no issues. For the price I was quoted to do the install I thought I would give them a shot. If it went tits up then I would have just had it put right somewhere else. As it happened the install went just fine, no problems at all. Fast forward a bit to my accident I had, I needed to take the car someplace that was not going to charge me an arm and a leg to get my latest work done. TF was the logical choice for this any place else and it would have cost me almost as much as buying a stock TT would. If I would have known that TF would be folding then I would have pulled my car out of there at the first notice of that. As it is though I was only told last Tues. The day after they completed my work for me.

At the end of the day though anything that has been done by them that is wrong can easily be put right. There is no need to state that anyone who ever had work done by them is now sitting on a worthless car.

If you want good impartial experienced advice then i'd personally contact a long standing member. If they haven't the relevant experience they will know someone who does............

There are suprisingly quite a number of pre 2003 members who still visit here on an almost daily basis and almost all of them have absolutely no links to traders past or present and will only provide advise based on their experience all be it influenced by their personality's.........

At whatever cost it takes

Again, your missing the point. What happens if people can't afford to ? It's MORE money that they should not have had to spend.

There is no need to state that anyone who ever had work done by them is now sitting on a worthless car.

Not worthless. Unless I've missed, nobody has said that. But the cars could possibily have issues. Or when it comes selling & advertising cars ON THIS BBS ... people will remember. This thread will read again and the search button will be going "clicky-click-click"

Just to clarify then, are the TuboFit guys going to be doing the same work from that other company across the road? The one that JamieP said will be doing all his work from now on?

if they are then it would present a problem if people wanted to recommend members went to them for work.

I think the thread is now done. Im going to lock it and do a tidy up on it folks, and it has to be locked otherwise it could keep going round in circles.

JB