The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Trader Status Removed

Branners

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did wonder where 'expert' came from under peoples names. Some people I can understand, but others.. I'm not saying they're not smart but I just didn't have them down as technical experts.

Do the mods monitor people and every now and then stick 'expert' under a name, or is it down to the user changing it themselves and putting expert there?

I did wonder where 'expert' came from under peoples names. Some people I can understand, but others.. I'm not saying they're not smart but I just didn't have them down as technical experts.

Do the mods monitor people and every now and then stick 'expert' under a name, or is it down to the user changing it themselves and putting expert there?

Its after a certain amount of posts ;)

its the amount of posts you do determines that:D

I've changed that one again. I have to remember some people don't have a sense of humour and might think they're being picked on. :blink:

Am I being picked on? :cry: :stickpoke

Hey, I made a sensible suggestion that got acted on. WooHoo. :D

I like it, good suggestion...

Carlos you joined the same time as me, even have the same car as me! But do your 3x as many posts mean you are more expert than me?

(Well you probably are, but that's besides the point) :)

I've changed that one again. I have to remember some people don't have a sense of humour and might think they're being picked on. :blink:

PMSL I was just thinking "I've got to stop coming on the forum drunk, I can't remember changing that for the life of me!" :blink:

I guess i'll have to make up a witty remark now. :(

It may be time to eat humble pie. My car has lost boost the turbo is spooling but no pressure. Will keep everyone updated. :(

Thanks to Gaz and Cheifgroover it was indeed a pipe. The one connected to the FMIC any way all is well again at the moment. But will be getting the install checked for peace of mine

LOL. What if you've set a custom title, does that override it then? I've got a few posts but I think it's always shown whatever title I've put there.

And Hogmaw, I'm far far from anything even remotely like an expert when it comes to cars :D

And lets just hope they don't completely fuck up any more customers cars eh? Those fuck ups which cost (and will continue to cost) those members thousands to put right. Get a perspective on this Andy!

A little personal Darryl. IMHO

:yeahthat: altough i am a bit wary about bigging the mods up incase they turn bad:D

Agree

What I cannot understand is yes the is no denying TF have cocked up reading through this thread however it appears that people are blaming them for others leaving the forum.

They have left as either they have moved on from the forum and the supra. If they blame TF then that is just a sheer lack of character IMO

usual

:search:

just for that i will not be doing a "i have reached 5000 posts" thread:p

Well done Gaz

So did that make Jake Toyota's Chief Technical Engineer or something! :)

Probably, gets my vote on seat removals;)

Who is the forum drunk anyway? :D ;)

Supraloopy with Jake in a close second. :D

I think you will see its Cadbury's Purple, then Franko, then Pig, then G-Nemie (and after edit) YES SUPRALOOPY is the biggest drunkard

:rlol::hijack:

Possibly the poorest choice of words ever.

Long read of People Bashing

A little personal Darryl. IMHO

What? Geneb is sad at the demise of Turbofit because he likes their BBQ's while several members are thousands of pounds down and Homer points this out and you say it's a bit personal? That's weapons grade bollocks. IMHO.

What? Geneb is sad at the demise of Turbofit because he likes their BBQ's while several members are thousands of pounds down and Homer points this out and you say it's a bit personal? That's weapons grade bollocks. IMHO.

fine, this is a web based forum where you are allowed to have an opinion.

My reasoning is because Darryl is swearing in a post, that WSB earlier asked for the swearing to stop. Now I'm not a mod but it is surely not one rule for one and one for the rest.

If you don't like my opinion fine. That is your choice, I did not go into what another member has said/not said, but thanks for bringing in some one else to your reasoning.

Enjoy your evening and pick fault with something else I write, don't really care IMHO:tongue:

Ian C is the tech mod. He'll have a good idea who's who around here. :shrug:

;)

Ian C has been staying away from this thread after he last posted in it :) I've had better things to do, if people still aren't listening after all this hard evidence that has come to light, and are still loving Turbofit's l33t skillz long time, then good luck to them. Enjoy your broken car and thinner wallet. You can lead a horse to water etc etc. Just don't come on here singing their woodscrew-and-broomstick praises.

As for this "who can you trust" business, well, that is a good question isn't it. I was in the same boat 6 years ago after trusting RC Developments and ending up with a broken engine. I turned to Chris Wilson, so I lucked out. But I still vowed not to get caught out again and started reading up on things and thinking about it all and getting the principles of engines, turbocharging, and fuelling right in my head, and the *why* as well as the how. So here I am. I'd never call myself a guru, there is a load I don't know about with the Supra because I just haven't experienced it yet, like deep tech on autoboxes (and don't ask me about camshaft tuning I can't get my head round that yet!). I've got the knack for figuring this stuff out though so bring it on ;) And I know enough in a fair few areas that lets me help people out, and it's very rewarding to do that and make someone's enjoyment of their car better by fixing a problem.

I am crap at making tea though and there are no biscuits in the house, so that might stop some people from listening to me ;)

-Ian

Ian C has been staying away from this thread after he last posted in it :) I've had better things to do, if people still aren't listening after all this hard evidence that has come to light, and are still loving Turbofit's l33t skillz long time, then good luck to them. Enjoy your broken car and thinner wallet. You can lead a horse to water etc etc. Just don't come on here singing their woodscrew-and-broomstick praises.

As for this "who can you trust" business, well, that is a good question isn't it. I was in the same boat 6 years ago after trusting RC Developments and ending up with a broken engine. I turned to Chris Wilson, so I lucked out. But I still vowed not to get caught out again and started reading up on things and thinking about it all and getting the principles of engines, turbocharging, and fuelling right in my head, and the *why* as well as the how. So here I am. I'd never call myself a guru, there is a load I don't know about with the Supra because I just haven't experienced it yet, like deep tech on autoboxes (and don't ask me about camshaft tuning I can't get my head round that yet!). I've got the knack for figuring this stuff out though so bring it on ;) And I know enough in a fair few areas that lets me help people out, and it's very rewarding to do that and make someone's enjoyment of their car better by fixing a problem.

I am crap at making tea though and there are no biscuits in the house, so that might stop some people from listening to me ;)

-Ian

Ian, I'd have more faith in letting you re-wire my entire car blindfolded, with one hand tied behind your back, using the same coloured wire throughout, and nothing more than Selotape to hold the joins together, than let anyone from TF plug in an AEM to my wiring loom. :D