The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Trader Status Removed

Branners

In response to gamer, I can understand why your are mad, however, what would the alternative be?

The competant folk claiming that all ex-turbofit cars arent that bad, then a newbie buyin one, and them coming on here complaining about how shit or unreliable their car's are...which will and already has had an adverse effect on Supra values, in particularly Single'd Supra values already!

FFS, look at the wider picture here!

Your already getting folk questionin single'd supra values over 15K, when done right would cost double that!

You are not listening to me. I said anything that they did wrong can be put right. It is not the end of the world. Any car you buy should be checked over properly I don't care if you are buying it from Nigel Mansell. If you do not and then find something wrong with it then it is a case of buyer beware.

BTW, are you included in this wider picture that you are talking about. Did you have any work done there ?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes thats pissed me off a bit too, i have had my redone already by dan turners garage, i am now booking it in at tdi to do a full check up and clean bill of health, so for someone to say its a wrong un because a certain garage has worked on it in its life is bollox

Oh dear....

I wondered how long it would take before someone tried to imply something... :rolleyes:

I am not implying anything all I am tyring to say as in my post above TF is not solely responsible for all the turbo's going pop on here are they.

Fact is if you modify a car you are entering a different field and teething problems may arise

i've been half following this thread and i can see by some of the comments that (in my opionion) it should be closed. i think everyone has had a chance to have there say and if left any longer its just going to turn ugly...

I know the forum is here for people to have there say, but not argue and slag people/cars/work off. Express your opinion and leave it at that guys.

yes thats pissed me off a bit too, i have had my redone already by dan turners garage, i am now booking it in at tdi to do a full check up and clean bill of health, so for someone to say its a wrong un because a certain garage has worked on it in its life is bollox

I think it's highly amusing that years ago, TDI were the Supra tuning darlings, but left the forum over one of those periodic 'spats'. NOTE - this wasn't a quality argument to the best of my knowledge.. Now they seem to be becoming favourites again, filling the void left by TF, MaxGT and mkivstore.

I have nothing to say on the whole TF issue, except that after ~450 posts, it's time to close the thread. All the constructive points have been made.

I think it's highly amusing that years ago, TDI were the Supra tuning darlings, but left the forum over one of those periodic 'spats'. NOTE - this wasn't a quality argument to the best of my knowledge.. Now they seem to be becoming favourites again, filling the void left by TF, MaxGT and mkivstore.

I have nothing to say on the whole TF issue, except that after ~450 posts, it's time to close the thread. All the constructive points have been made.

did not know they traded on here before jeez am i gonna get bitten a third time:rolleyes:

Gaz1 I was going to send a PM on TDI but what the hell its PM's that keep the truth from this forum and could have prevented a lot of issues posted above regarding TF

I had an R32 GTR running a fully built JUN engine and T88 turbo, it was pretty undrivable at low revs and I went to TDI for a quote to sort it out, well they sold me a T04Z turbo which was fantastic and I had an engine refresh and new manifold, exhaust and downpipe alond with a V Pro ECU and a few other bits and pieces, I set the budget at 10K, it crept to 13K and then on final pick up it had reached just shy of 20K, that was on a car that still needed uprated brakes, new intercooler and rear diff but I just ran out of money

The build quality was excellent and the car made 735BHP but they are VERY expensive and I would think twice about using them unless I had come into some serious money. Dont get me wrong I do not want things done on the cheap because I know as well as most you get what you pay for but these guys seem to let things run out of control and when your car is in bits and they are telling you you need x and y you are stuffed what to do next other than to let them get on with it, I would use the knowledge on here to get the TDI report looked at before they actually went ahead and did any work

Just my experience anyway and thought it worth a mention

I agree in the fact that this is going way overboard... I allso agree with Joe's comments on here as well... No Matter who the car comes from.. Even if someone bought one from Chris Wilson... It allways needs checking over.. You never know what gremlinsit might have....

Think the whole TurboFit saga needs putting to bed..... They are no longer or probably never will be again...

So lets leave it guys..

Mods can this not be locked now?

difference being they are still very much in business

Gaz1 I was going to send a PM on TDI but what the hell its PM's that keep the truth from this forum and could have prevented a lot of issues posted above regarding TF

I had an R32 GTR running a fully built JUN engine and T88 turbo, it was pretty undrivable at low revs and I went to TDI for a quote to sort it out, well they sold me a T04Z turbo which was fantastic and I had an engine refresh and new manifold, exhaust and downpipe alond with a V Pro ECU and a few other bits and pieces, I set the budget at 10K, it crept to 13K and then on final pick up it had reached just shy of 20K, that was on a car that still needed uprated brakes, new intercooler and rear diff but I just ran out of money

The build quality was excellent and the car made 735BHP but they are VERY expensive and I would think twice about using them unless I had come into some serious money. Dont get me wrong I do not want things done on the cheap because I know as well as most you get what you pay for but these guys seem to let things run out of control and when your car is in bits and they are telling you you need x and y you are stuffed what to do next other than to let them get on with it, I would use the knowledge on here to get the TDI report looked at before they actually went ahead and did any work

which basically brings us back the point about modding cars seriously requires serious cash or the ability to offset this by DIY'ing............

cheers mate, the cost is not an issue, i just want peace of mind, i know that pig has his there if the works good, i don,t mind paying;) saying that i may just say feck it and get another car:rolleyes:

did not know they traded on here before jeez am i gonna get bitten a third time:rolleyes:

Well my brother got bitten hard (lost 2K) by them 5 YEARS AGO....and i even today I would still be reluctant to go back there.

With guys like pheonix, sextons and others around for me there really isn't any need to.

For a business reputation and word of mouth is very important.

If I was a punter looking at a supra and was aware of TB, I would now be weary of any car that they worked on (the photos of their workmanship are here for all to see). Even their perfect examples would need to be checked with a tooth comb.

That's just the fact of it whether you like it or not.

Guest gzaerojon
Go devalue your own cars you sad twats. Just what people need to hear who had work done there before, go on and stick the friggin boot in a bit further why don't you. Way to support the members with the words of support. Very constructive.

Anything that Turbofit have done to peoples cars can be put right, no need to start publicly devaluing peoples pride and fucking joy.

I did not have one problem with any of the work they did for me previously. I hope the work they completed for me will be up to scratch, if it is not then I will have it put right. No need to say my car or anyone else's for that matter is now a pile of shit.

:goodpost: i couldn't agree more

Anything that Turbofit have done to peoples cars can be put right,

But at what cost ? That's the point! Want an example ? ToyotaTom and his TF install. Sadly, the thread has since been deleted, but where you yourself - said in that thread "After seeing TF's work, I would never take my car there." Or words to that effect.

Question for the Mods:

What happened to the now-famous ToyotaTom thread? Was it deleted or just moved to the mod's section?

...And why?

We believe it was in the Miami GT section and got deleted from there. Its not in any of the mods areas and cannot be found.

JB