The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Trader Status Removed

Branners

Is it not an idea to start a section where people post experiences of garages that they have used, letting us know whether they have good service or bad, and any potential updates afterwards e.t.c?

Dont Whifbitz, Envy e.t.c outsource their work?

It would be more beneficial to know what garage a member had their car done at, so in the circumstance where they have had bad service, we might be able to pinpoint, what they are good at and what they are not?

I.e box shifters, might be very good at distribution, but their garage of choice might be 'sh*t' when working on other members cars...

Turbofit were a prime example, their speciality seems to be throwing partys and gatherings, but were sh*t at everything in between, maybe on a sidenote we could offer to give them the role of 'Events Trader':p

Always look on the brighside I say;)

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never gonna happen unless Greg and Sam post. I'm not defending TF in anyway whatsoever, but the thread has only been onesided.

Well IMO not posting is answer enough. If they had nothing to worry about or a justifiable reasoning for the mistakes then they would be on here fighting their corner wouldn't they? Just IMO of course :)

I know where you're coming from mate, like I say I'm not defending TF - but cant see we will ever hear all sides to the story.

That's their choice, they got rumbled and took their ball home. Not once have TF commented in this thread, and the only corresondence in the dispute forum was because Pig posted up his PM's.

Even the fanbois have not defended Turbofit to any credible degree apart from a few saying they are nice people, throw good socials events and tried to pluck the heart strings by mentioning that Sam lost £300k over this. The sounds of silence is deafening.

Even the fanbois have not defended Turbofit to any credible degree. The sounds of silence is deafening.

Maybe a little upset after counting the costs of the devaluation of their cars?

I can hear the TurboFit stickers being ripped off cars destined for the For Sale threads.

Maybe a little upset after counting the costs of the devaluation of their cars?

I can hear the TurboFit stickers being ripped off cars destined for the For Sale threads.

Im not defending anyone but I will certainly defend my car. 18 months has past since I had my single conversion and not one problem except for my own cause, with launches, numerous drag runs and a high amount of spirited drives. :innocent:

So all of a sudden aload of shit comes out and my car has now apparently devalued? There has been at least a dozen people I have took out in the car when ive been at TF as well as local meets (the bubble) and all of them were stunned at how it performed for saying it started life as an NA and what it is capable of now - all down to TF.

If, if there maybe something wrong in my engine bay it has been overlooked by many of the people that have looked at it. So for saying peoples cars have been devalued as they have had TF work on them in my eyes is uncalled for.

When people say de-valued. I interpret as - if I am buyer then I'm going to VERY wary and I would probably look elsewhere. No offense to anyone's cars, but the fact of the matter is ... if somebody says "Supra For sale, Single, Turbofit" - in one sentance - I'd run a mile.

I feel sorry for GazzaGSi and the like. His car works fine and could well be 'perfect'. However a buyer doing some homework on here may well be put off by the fact that TF did the work.

So, even if you're not one of those affected directly by poor TF workmanship, you're potentially adversely affected by TF in the long run.

A shit situation alll round.:(

To be honest, it's very easy for people make compliments like that to your car - without having a good ganders at it.

There has been at least a dozen people and all of them were stunned at how it performed for saying it started life as an NA and what it is capable of now - all down to TF.

Until people like CW & Phoenix can give an opinion - I'd run a mile! :hide:

I suppose you could say the same of the Boostlogic "fanbois" how many of those turbo's have blown up recently --- quite a few but then the people who fit them do no wrong :confused:

Who's car have blown up with BL kit ?

And fitted by whom ?

Be specific.

I feel sorry for him as well, it's an unwelcome knock-on effect of everything that has happened, a sort of inverse-halo effect.

I've been speaking to a friend of mine in Norwich who is toying with the idea of buying a Supra and I've said to him already "Do not go anywhere near a single conversion until you've run it past me to check its pedigree". Simple sad fact is, if he was looking at GazzaGSI's car I'd tell him to walk away without even going to see it or even bother looking up the specs. It's ex-turbofit, that's it. I'd call that devaluing :( If I contact someone to ask about their car now I'd be checking if they got any work done there. If so and it was minor, I'd want money off the sale price to get the work rectified. If it was major I'd end the conversation there.

Obviously that's no reflection on Gazza or his car at all, just an example of the fallout of all this :( I'm afraid you've got an uphill struggle through no fault of your own if you ever wish to sell it.

-Ian

Who's car have blown up with BL kit ?

And fitted by whom ?

Be specific.

BL turbos letting go? I know CJs went because he ran it at 1.8bar all the time a couple of years ago. Er, apart from that :shrug: Neither of mine, neither of Terrys, yours is OK, Cliff, Matt, Secondjump, I think Ben? Alex's didn't when he had it. Bromy's is OK as far as I know. Homer is BL I think? ABS, Ibrar's old car, all those as far as I know still work. Crikey, can't remember others off the top of my head but I'm sure we'll get names named any moment now :)

-Ian

One of the first and most important things I have asked Mark at Phoenix to do next week is give my car a full inspection and rectify any issues he may find then give me a full bill of health along with the usual type of bill :)

I am fully aware now that the 10K + spend at TF is money lost when sale time comes, I am just so pleased I never went back for the rebuild after the engine failure because who knows where I would stand now ?

Go devalue your own cars you sad twats. Just what people need to hear who had work done there before, go on and stick the friggin boot in a bit further why don't you. Way to support the members with the words of support. Very constructive.

Anything that Turbofit have done to peoples cars can be put right, no need to start publicly devaluing peoples pride and fucking joy.

I did not have one problem with any of the work they did for me previously. I hope the work they completed for me will be up to scratch, if it is not then I will have it put right. No need to say my car or anyone else's for that matter is now a pile of shit.

Maybe it was PHR's what I am trying to say is Turbofits installs are not the only turbo's to let go are they there are many more.

I still refer to the fact as well that my previous install was done by TF 20k miles and I hammered it. Many would vouch for how I drive and I use my car to its potential. Yet every has "skirted" around that point as I suppose it was a TF success story which is quite clear the aim of this thread is quite the opposite and an oppurtunity for some to "big themselves up".

Now as said before I cannot comment on my new install as I haven't had it independently checked as yet and I will. Only problem so far has been a pipe. But lets face it this could happen to anyone

Go devalue your own cars you sad twats. Just what people need to hear who had work done there before, go on and stick the friggin boot in a bit further why don't you. Way to support the members with the words of support. Very constructive.

Anything that Turbofit have done to peoples cars can be put right, no need to start publicly devaluing peoples pride and fucking joy.

I did not have one problem with any of the work they did for me previously. I hope the work they completed for me will be up to scratch, if it is not then I will have it put right. No need to say my car or anyone else's for that matter is now a pile of shit.

I agree

Good post Joe, it was fine when this thread was about backslapping and well done to the forum heroes, but scaremongering and devaluing cars is another matter.

ANY car I go to look at will get the full inspection, regardless of who has worked on it.

In response to gamer, I can understand why your are mad, however, what would the alternative be?

The competant folk claiming that all ex-turbofit cars arent that bad, then a newbie buyin one, and them coming on here complaining about how shit or unreliable their car's are...which will and already has had an adverse effect on Supra values, in particularly Single'd Supra values already!

FFS, look at the wider picture here!

Your already getting folk questionin single'd supra values over 15K, when done right would cost double that!

Good post Joe, it was fine when this thread was about backslapping and well done to the forum heroes, but scaremongering and devaluing cars is another matter.

ANY car I go to look at will get the full inspection, regardless of who has worked on it.

Agreed. This thread has just about outlived its usefulness IMHO. All we're doing now is pouring salt on open wounds.

Hence the

Hit it JB...

Agreed. This thread has just about outlived its usefulness IMHO. All we're doing now is pouring salt on open wounds.

Hence the

Why kill it may car was fitted at TF and just because people are expressing opinions why close it.