The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra driver killed :( RIP Rik Gardiner

Ian C

Maybe a bit too late to suggest but how about making sure that a pic of Rik's car goes in the club calendar this coming year? Maybe with a pic of him (agreed with his family) as one small fitting tribute to someone who didn't let anything stand in the way of him getting his beloved supra on the road. Maybe we could even donate £1/2 of the profit to his wife & kids?

I'm also more than happy to contribute to any sort of suggestions agreed by the club to his family

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest forcefed2000

put riks car on the calendar ... it would make his day, he was well worried that people wouldn't like it sprayed satin black and it made his day when he saw some bloke takin photos of it at santa pod.

RIP Mate,

Never met him,but read a few of his posts.

So sad to lose someone like that.

Can i tentitively suggest a Forum "down time" for a few minutes,Maybe on Sunday(Im sure the mods could sort this).Im not remotely religious,but as a mark of respect for one of our members,it might be an idea.

Stay safe.

RIP Mate,

Can i tentitively suggest a Forum "down time" for a few minutes,Maybe on Sunday(Im sure the mods could sort this).Im not remotely religious,but as a mark of respect for one of our members,it might be an idea.

Stay safe.

What a great thought

RIP Mate,

Stay safe.

This is a great idea. I will put it forward.

Sobering to realise what little sometimes seperates us from thes things, certainly made me wonder about my driving on one or 2 occasions...

Just sat here and read the entire 15 pages of this thread and although I didn't know Rik, it's obvious from the posts that a lot of you did, obviously a guy with a lot of respect!

Condolences to his family & friends, never nice to hear about something like this, regardless if you knew the person or not.

I'm totally shocked and saddened over this. My condolences to his family.

Some time ago I needed a part for my Supra desperately. Rik sent the part out and didn't even want any money for it not even postage.

A true kindhearted bloke.

RIP,

Ro

Got a call from Lui earlier to let me know this tragic news. Just seen his pic and horror struck, realised that I met him briefly at Santa Pod only a couple of weeks ago. :(

I remember ages ago, reading his entertaining project thread with such interest and was well chuffed to see the finished work at Jap Show, I have such respect for anyone that has the guts to work on their own car but I think Ric's spray booth setup will def stand out and become part of club legend, the pics are pure classics and I'll never forget them.

My heart and sympathy goes out to his family and friends - I couldn't help but shed a tear after reading all these heartfelt comments, especially listening to that classic track.

RIP Rik

Rob

Just a song I came across which complements everything:

http://www.imotors.co.uk/temp/jay/green day-time of your life.mp3

Very sad news :(

Rik was a member of our crazy Supra obsessed family here, I loved reading his DIY garden paint booth thread, true dedication to the cause :thumbs:

My thoughts go out to his family and friends, from across this side of the world.

Rest in Peace friend :friends:

ahh christ.........

my thoughts go out to your family and friends Rik, rest in peace mate, i never met you but hopefully will in the next life, i remember your threads and dude you are a supra mentalist, take care.

let this just remind people of how fragile life really is and the impact it has on people who have been around you and that you leave behind, stay safe

Guest CoolsBlue

RIK!...we used have good chats on MSN hed always give me bit of info when i asked abt using compressors and spray guns, i saw him sitting in his supra at japshow, never spoke face to face...he seemed like a really cool guy R.I.P mate...:(