The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra driver killed :( RIP Rik Gardiner

Ian C

Damn, that’s the guy who painted his car in the back garden right? May he rest in peace :(

Oh that guy, that’s absolutely terrible RIP.

The bit that says: "veered out of control for no apparent reason" is the most worrying not the first time I've read that on here.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was Rik Gardener in his mat black mk4, we were sitting in the santa pod supra enclosure last jap fest. I was in a red mr2. He was a close friend. If i hear more i'll post it. User name on this site was "Rik".

Please let his family know of this thread and our best wishes.

Guest Trippnology

Hi folks. It was indeed Rik. I'm a friend of his and at the moment, I'm just totally stunned to have lost such a good mate. I've been to see his wife and family today. Obviously, they're very distraught by the whole thing but they're all putting on a very brave face.

His dry sense of humour and fast wit and were legendary. He never once worried if what he was about to say would cause offense, often to the amusement of the possibly offended! I couldn't count the number of times I nearly wet my pants with laughter, hanging out with that man.

The car apparently swerved wildly on some standing water. Some fish-tailing ensued with Rik fighting for control when he hit the roadside sign side on. He was killed instantly.

His wife Vik has asked me to post here to say how much Rik appreciated all the help, advice and parts from people here. He loved his Supra and couldn't have got it back on the road without you guys.

I would love to sort out a fitting tribute for him so if any of you guys would like to get involved please PM me or contact me via rikkitripp at hotmail dot com

If you happen to have any photos of Rik from any previous meets, they would also be appreciated.

Rik leaves his wife Vikki and sons Brett and Luca. Our thoughts are with them.

Hi folks. It was indeed Rik. I'm a friend of his and at the moment, I'm just totally stunned to have lost such a good mate. I've been to see his wife and family today. Obviously, they're very distraught by the whole thing but they're all putting on a very brave face.

His dry sense of humour and fast wit and were legendary. He never once worried if what he was about to say would cause offense, often to the amusement of the possibly offended! I couldn't count the number of times I nearly wet my pants with laughter, hanging out with that man.

The car apparently swerved wildly on some standing water. Some fish-tailing ensued with Rik fighting for control when he hit the roadside sign side on. He was killed instantly.

His wife Vik has asked me to post here to say how much Rik appreciated all the help, advice and parts from people here. He loved his Supra and couldn't have got it back on the road without you guys.

I would love to sort out a fitting tribute for him so if any of you guys would like to get involved please PM me or contact me via rikkitripp at hotmail dot com

If you happen to have any photos of Rik from any previous meets, they would also be appreciated.

I will be honest and say that has brought a lump to the throat, and I didn't even know the guy personally... :(

He was indeed a great guy. Had some good talks with him over PM and what he was doing with his car. The club community on here is very close and Rik was indeed a great member and friend to all who he met or spoke too.

Pass on our regards and maybe print off this thread to show his family we are all thinking of them in this time.

Give all our condolences to his wife and kids, our thought's are with them.:(

HOLY SHIT what sad news can't believe i am hearing this, was only speaking to him for about a hour couple of weekends ago @ jap show santa pod he was actually parked up next to me!!!!

Hope it's not this guys car that's parked beside me

RIP rik mate deepest thoughts go out to all your family

Its such a shock i remember DamanC showing me before i was a member, a crazy guy painting his car in his garden :(

It is so sad :( :( :( It really makes me think hard about how easy it is to lose your life..

My thoughts are with his family and friends! may he RIP

x

no way!!

just read this and i used to speak to Rik regularly via msn....never met the guy but felt like i knew him i suppose.

feel really weird just now, don't know what to say.

my sincerest condolences to his family and friends :(