Supra driver killed :( RIP Rik Gardiner

Ian C

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe we could all chip in for something for the boys?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=117126

Just a token I know but hey :(

24hrs after reading this thread for the 1st time, the lump in my throat is just as big and the sadness is just has strong. It really rings home, that these cars can bite, they need to be driven, with due car and attention at all times.

A fitting tribute would be to frame a picture of him and his Supra. in a matt black casing, just like his beloved pride and joy. And give it to his family as a token of our deepest sadness.

Does any one have any pics of RIK and his Supra, and does any one know any decent shops that will frame pictures? :(

Guest forcefed2000

Went to school with the guy and it was Rik who got me into jap cars, he was so encouraging when I said I was thinking about getting an MR2, I wouldn't have it if it wasn't for him. He spent about 2 years rebuilding his supra and I know he would have really struggled to complete it without all the support, advice and parts supplied by the guys on this forum. For Rik owning a Supra was about being a member of a community as well as owning a car. He spoke very highly of the owners club and recommended I join the MR2oc as he said the supra oc had proved so good. He asked me if I could "borrow" some heras fence panels from work along with a roll of plastic, which I did and then rolled on the floor laughing when I saw that he'd made a spray booth out of them... the crazy dude. He was also passionate about music and was a superb bass player, I bought my first bass from Rik 15 years ago and with it came a fistful of encouragement to learn. More than anything though Rik loved his wife Vikki and two boys, Brett and Luca. My thoughts are with them.

As I said earlier, condolances to his family and friends but Since reading through this thread yesterday many posts have been added and have since realised that I did meet Rik briefly. He seemed a top guy (which you can tell when reading his posts anyway) and I will be more than up for a tribute at JAE, a cruise in his memory or donations to his family.

I'll chip in £2 as well

Shall we start a list?

1) Daston £2

really feel for the family,got 3 boys myself, my thoughts go out to him and his family. please put me down for 5.00

Guys, lets wait until something more official is sorted out after speaking with his family regarding what they would like the money to go towards. No real point in this turning into a 150 long list of pledges when there's nothing in place or decided yet.

I agree with that. Im sure that as soon as something has been decided a thread will be started in members chat or something. It will be nice though to do something as a club as Rik held it in such high regards.

Guest Trippnology

Thanks again for everybody's kind words, it means alot. Rik's wife Vik has had a look at this thread and really appreciates everybody's thoughts, feelings and kind gestures.

She's undeceided at the moment about any donations or flowers, we will sort something out in due course. For now, please just wait until we get another thread up to keep things organised. The 2 mins silence is very nice and will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Rik genuinely loved the whole Supra community here and I'm sure he would be taken aback by everyones enormous respect.