The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra driver killed :( RIP Rik Gardiner

Ian C

the worst part is his children loosing their father. Must be crushing for them aswell as his wife. Makes a lump in my throat and I don't even know the guy.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest BIG SIS`

WHAT CAN I SAY... I never knew that Rik had such an extended family... I know feel humbled by every ones moving tributes to such a TRULEY AMAZING GUY.... HE WAS MY LITTLE BROTHER.I have been sitting here for the last three hours - eyes streaming and with an annoying back ground noise coming from my computer (are they suppose to sound like a tumble dryer ??) siffting through pages of such moving comments about him. I am deeply touch to think that all that met him thought highly of him.The loss to our very close family is devestating.I never made it to a metting with him, it was always "maybe next time mate` i`m a bit busy".... fuck life is full of regrets.The day he pulled in to my yard in his Matt black baby - face beaming like a cheshire cat shall live with me forever..... the guy had true loyalties to these cars.. I was mortified when he told me that he was going to spray it matt black. It would NOT have been the first car to sport that unique black lusture in riks car history, the first being a mk4 cortina !...... YOU GUYS I SALUTE YOU

Angie and myself have Just got back from a couple of weeks in the US and were upset to find this.

Hadn't met Rik, but had seen his thread about painting his car in the garden. (Hadn't we all!) He seemed a really good guy and took any of the ribbing that he got in good humour.

Found this on his local newspaper site and he had just been to his mates funeral when he was killed himself. (His mate was a past friend of mine who died in the TT races this year - I think we discussed that crash on here somewhere)

Tragic news and I'd like to just pass on condolences from both Angie and myself to his family.

:(

WHAT CAN I SAY... I never knew that Rik had such an extended family... I know feel humbled by every ones moving tributes to such a TRULEY AMAZING GUY.... HE WAS MY LITTLE BROTHER.I have been sitting here for the last three hours - eyes streaming and with an annoying back ground noise coming from my computer (are they suppose to sound like a tumble dryer ??) siffting through pages of such moving comments about him. I am deeply touch to think that all that met him thought highly of him.The loss to our very close family is devestating.I never made it to a metting with him, it was always "maybe next time mate` i`m a bit busy".... fuck life is full of regrets.The day he pulled in to my yard in his Matt black baby - face beaming like a cheshire cat shall live with me forever..... the guy had true loyalties to these cars.. I was mortified when he told me that he was going to spray it matt black. It would NOT have been the first car to sport that unique black lusture in riks car history, the first being a mk4 cortina !...... YOU GUYS I SALUTE YOU

only just found out about this as havent been on here to chat much.... so so sorry to here this, i remember the spray job and chating about it, ....... this post above is one of the sadest thing i ever red on here, :cry:

so terrible... cant belive it.

feel for the family and kids...

rip rik.

steve silvester.:(