The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra driver killed :( RIP Rik Gardiner

Ian C

Guest Trippnology
went to Norwich to pick up my Supra today and drove past the accident spot. Made me think about my drive home in the supra.

Sad day indeed.

Should it be one minutes 'supra noise' at JAE instead? Not revving the nuts off the cars, just bringing the revs up a bit. I wouldnt want to be remembered with silence if I went that way, I would want everybody to celebrate my love of Supras. We do it as soon as the Sunday convoy arrives. Just a thought.

JB

I don't know if you guys will read this in time for your meet but I think that's something that Rik would have really appreciated. If someone could maybe video it, I will pass it on to his wife.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only just seen this as I've been on nights.

Got to say I'm totally in shock. Rik was a great contributor & his DIY paint job always reminded me of the F-117 stealth fighter!

Its so terribly sad. My thoughts are with his family.

Also gutted to discover this thread tonight. I didn't know Rik peronsally either but I've always had a lasting memory of that DIY paint booth in the garden! - I suspect it will remain with me now for a very long time. :(

...and that matt black paint job! - Rik......... a man who dared to be different! - I salute you! :bye:

My thoughts and condolences to Rik's family and friends

wHIZz

Only seen this thread tonight as I've been offline all weekend, can't believe what's hapened, as I'd spoken to Rik a fair few times, from telling him he had big kahoonas to do that to a Sup the way he did, to congratulations about how it turned out, and fair play to the chap... And he was an excellent guy to talk to!...

My deepest condolences go out to Rik's wife, kids, and family, as I know I've mentioned before, I lost my best mate in a similar way, so I fully understand the shock and pain you're feeling...

how about a tribute cruise/meet with the cars that he loved and his friends to remember him by?

Fantastic idea, I'm happy to help with the experience of cruises/meets I've got if you need me to...

Words cannot express how many of us feel whether we knew Rik personally or not. We are a close club (despite minor differences) and in the situation it is good to see everyone pulling together.

Well said.

Still cannot believe this :(:(:(

I reckon 2mins silence Sunday 3.00 pm at JAE show in rememberance of Rik & maybe a few words said by a close member to him who's attending JAE saying a nice few words.

Great idea, combined with Branners' suggestion below...

went to Norwich to pick up my Supra today and drove past the accident spot. Made me think about my drive home in the supra.

Sad day indeed.

Should it be one minutes 'supra noise' at JAE instead? Not revving the nuts off the cars, just bringing the revs up a bit. I wouldnt want to be remembered with silence if I went that way, I would want everybody to celebrate my love of Supras. We do it as soon as the Sunday convoy arrives. Just a thought.

JB

Once again, RIP Rik...

Guest fastazfuk

The passenger is a very good mate of mine and he introduced me to Rik a few weeks ago, you really couldn't wish to meet a nicer fella. I'd heard all about Riks adventures with his car through my mate, I couldn't help chuckling when he told me about the garden spray booth, but I was amazed when I saw what Rik had achieved.

Our deepest sympathy goes out to his wife and children at this very sad time.

:(Sad sad story. Was just about to take my car out yesterday, but lost my appetite for driving the supra after reading this. It's another reminder to buckle up and drive safe. Condolances to the family.

May he R.I.P