The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Completly gutted, engine just let go

tooquicktostop

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wastegate isn't opening and controlling boost - even the new one, Dan has assured Gaz he's trying to just use the w/g to control the boost, ie no fancy electronics or solenoids to get in the way.

Either;

The wastegate isn't seeing the pressure reference from the turbo.

There is a massive air leak somewhere.

The wastegate isn't installed the right way round :blink:

dan has promised he will sort out the fuck up turbofit has done by tomorow, so hopefully all is well

How can we have fucked up ?????/

You had a GT4088 fitted with manifold and 50mm wastegate which I might add can only go on one way.

I have been informed that Dan has fitted a new wastegate and it is still over boosting, I am sure that Dan would have checked all the vacuum tubes before he put the new wastegate on.

Now lets see how many cars out there running GT4088s with 50mm wastegates with no over boosting problems, I can think of at least 4 that we know of, Oh and guess what we done them.

I am not happy the way shit is being thrown around at the moment it is so easy to point the finger and also Gary you seem to have forgot to mention that we did all the other mods to your car all of which you told us at the time and after that you were happy with.

At least some people take the time to phone and chat about any problems.

I also remember Greg telling you that Dan would look at the over boosting problem when you were due to go next and be mapped.

I think that I have now said my piece.

i would like to think it was, but i am pretty sure that would have been spotted by greg the times i took it there to get it sorted or dan working on it now

Well its either that or the wastegate is f**ked, as you have a new hks wastegate i cant see that being it.

Tech question, could they fit a restrictor ring then bring the boost back up via boost control as you would on a bpu?

Yes in effect, if you wern't concerned about flow (power) and turbo temps. Better to use a wastegate that works :)

How can we have fucked up ?????/

You had a GT4088 fitted with manifold and 50mm wastegate which I might add can only go on one way.

I have been informed that Dan has fitted a new wastegate and it is still over boosting, I am sure that Dan would have checked all the vacuum tubes before he put the new wastegate on.

Now lets see how many cars out there running GT4088s with 50mm wastegates with no over boosting problems, I can think of at least 4 that we know of, Oh and guess what we done them.

I am not happy the way shit is being thrown around at the moment it is so easy to point the finger and also Gary you seem to have forgot to mention that we did all the other mods to your car all of which you told us at the time and after that you were happy with.

At least some people take the time to phone and chat about any problems.

I also remember Greg telling you that Dan would look at the over boosting problem when you were due to go next and be mapped.

I think that I have now said my piece.

with all due respect sam i paid for a single instalation when i picked the car up of course i was happy it went like the clappers, but was then told about overboosting problems, and was also told it would be safe to rag it all day long, but i was told by a few members that it would not be wise to even use it on boost all the time its boosting to 1.8, you also said it will need to come back for the overboost to be rectified it has been with you more than once and it was never sorted, hence me going elsewhere and paying someone else to do the work and remapp, and while we are on a roll, i also rang numerous times to check the gauges i wanted installed would light up blue, and if they was red or white not to fit them, they were white but you still fitted them and charged me £200 for the priveledge which i am going to pay someone to take them back out and fit new ones, when i picked the car up i was asked by greg why i wanted 2 egt gauges in my car i was confused and said what are you on about, he pointed to my a pillar pod and said you already have one, i chuckled and said thats water temp gauge mate then i realized your guys had taken off the probe from my upper rad pipe and drilled and welded it next to the other egt probe, after realizing what they had done they got the sensor cable from out of the bin and stuck it all back together, i actualy laughed at that point, but my temp gauge has not worked since, and lets not forget the time before when i picked it up, and i ended up stuck on the m1 making my fingers bleed desperatley trying to do up a water hose clip that was not put back on properly making my car start to boil up i was lucky that time, and what annoyed me too was when you said my car would be better with the nice blue shiny dump valve you had in stock, me being me said how much, (i am a sucker for bling) you said don,t worry i will take that 3 month old hks ssqv and fit this nice

lovely xs power one, well i dont no what things are worth, another member mentioned that one, thing is with me i will pay straight away and will pay cash no problem thats what i am like, my problem is i trust people but thats rapidly fading in my eyes i will be £1000 out of pocket after this is sorted, but money is feck all to me i work hard play hard, i have told no untruths in this post because i want nothing from you, ps now what was the reason i went single, oh yeah because you said my second turbo had gone pop, strange when we got them out and they were fine, in saying all that you are nice people, shame you take on so much work, i am happy now its off my chest and i can calm down