The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Completly gutted, engine just let go

tooquicktostop

Dan turner's rep in the honda world is great :D ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if it was another injector driver gone on the aem ecu cause a lean burst. This was a big problem on early models as well as other modules going. Speak to tlicense his map sensor module has just gone down by sounds of it.

Also, Ryan G seems to have done a nice job on Homer's (fingers crossed) but has said he's not done AEM's before
Just to clear this up for everyone, i played with an aem twice to sort problems with cars but never wanted to map one due to the hassle it takes to keep flicking between windows as they have no map trace feature and the reliabilty factor.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to read this thread dean :(

i have a spare seat if you want to still go on sunday?

Thats real nice offer Jon and thanks but I am planning on bringing the SABB as my GF has been convinced that Santa pod is a great day out for all !

Not sure I am going to enjoy the day quite so much though !:(

Cheers again anyway

My car is with Dan at the moment and I have heard he is the man to trust with the AEM, I hope all goes well with yours and it gets sorted quick. I hope the mapping of mine is ok as I have blown all funds on getting to this stage and no money left for new problems!

I am a bit worried now but only nerves I am sure he is the right man for the job.

My car is with Dan at the moment and I have heard he is the man to trust with the AEM, I hope all goes well with yours and it gets sorted quick. I hope the mapping of mine is ok as I have blown all funds on getting to this stage and no money left for new problems!

I am a bit worried now but only nerves I am sure he is the right man for the job.

me and yours today then:( sweepstake anyone:(

Were you running nitrous on this???? Sounds like a symptom of what N20 can cause on a stock block

Before people start hypothsising left right and centre.

Dan has told Dean that he was doing something, mapping wise, that Dean had expressly told him not to do.

Whether this directly caused the issue or it was a failure of the AEM or any other factor inc we don't know.

But, Dan didn't, in this case, follow the request of the customer and it was a request that would directly relate to the stresses the engine would face.

My advice to ANYONE getting a car mapped by ANY mapper is to write down all your requirements and give the mapper the requirements in advance. Have them agree to it or discuss alternatives where their own knowledge is of benefit. Both parties should agree to a complete list, then A) everyone knows where they stand, B) You have something to fall back on if things go tits up, especially where neglegence is a potential.

Guest Nicholas

Dan's mapped my car with the old turbo and will be mapping it with the T51 next week! I have complete faith in him as a mapper.

I'd go through the data log with dan if I was you Dean.

Guest Nicholas
he is doing mine as we speak:eek: but i am confident i will not get the dredded call:d i turned my phone off;)

If anything I find dan quite conservative when mapping, I'm sure it'll be fine Gaz! :)