The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southern Gumball Rally

mawby

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supragal....

IF Supraguy can't, AND, nobody else can....

I can give you a lift... (to/from, or along route ?? whatever).

I drive like a SLOW-fairy, you'd have to bring yer OWN music

(=stuck in the 80's/90's ! !:werd: )

Me Soops VERY std. lookin' (sorry!) and I'll be dropping food-crumbs

at various times along the way..... ! ! !:rtfm:

BUT, by all means, use me as a 'last-resort'........ ? ?:p

{I'm GOING , so I only need to know by Saturday morning-ish,

makes NO difference - so good last minute back-up ? ?

ONLY stipulation would be you take LOTS of pics/clips and I get

a copy ! ! ! ? ? ?:sly: }

[ps. was you doin' Sat/Sun or both ? ?...I was only doin' Sun 'cos

I'm working Sat morn..........]

FatS.

Steve W- cheers bud! I'm in Surrey, Windlesham this weekend is that anywhere near you? Sunday only sounds cool.... I think I'm working Sat am too. So yeah if SG2 isn't coming out to play then I'd be muchly grateful....I'll bring both memory sticks so plenty of footage (no tape space though so stills n mpegs only...)

Food crumbs not a problem as long as you don't expect me to clean them up....lol

p.s bad move telling me to bring my own music...although I'm sure I could dig out some 80's rock as a compromise :D

S'G'.....

I'm not sure if I'll 'do' the Wellington stop... 10am ! !

or, Box-Hill...12

BUT, either way, pick you up ~9(?) > > > Wellington.

or pick you up ~11(?) > > > BoxHill.

I'm not sure/ not fussed (but, might try to might 'whole' Sunday

as it's a BIGGIE ?)

[..... as I said.... see how it goes by Fri'/Sat'....... ? ? ?]

FatS.

[i think me little nephew's got one of those bib-come-catchme-tray

thingies ! ! - that'll catch most of the Chicken bones / bun / chips

:tongue:

Originally posted by Faye

Geeza,

As my first stop will be the Boxhill one I'd be interested in meeting up - some where near Jct6 of the M25 okay? I know I nice Shell garage!!!!!

Faye, our secret meeting place?...lol

Yeah would be cool...........Shell Garage at Godstone....

Any more takers.....?

About 11:30 ok Faye or do you want to be fashionably late at Boxhill?...lol Let me know?

:flame Dev :flame Dev :flame Dev

I'll be starting at Box hill too.

Scanning the list of names it looks like the majority of people are from the east and that this is their first stop, so if your going to the first meeting point and there's not many around don't worry, just get yourself to box hill for noon.

Originally posted by Dark Angel

Faye - would that be the A22 Godstone route - I'll be coming down from Croydon coming on to the M25 at J7, if I come off at J6 do I just come straight off onto the A22 heading for Godstone?

I know im not FAYE........Shes much better.....lol

But yeah, you come of at J6 head down to Godstone A22 and its about 1/2 mile on the right down the hill.......

:flame Dev

Hi all....

Would like to pop along and have a look (and hear) on Saturday, possibly meet at Stonehenge and finish at Haynes.

Two questions.....

1, As we are in our mid 40s are we going to look like your grandparents keeping an eye on the kids ?

2, As I need my licence and I'm currently "point free" (that's done it) I don't usually go over the point when I would get banned if zapped ! - are you all going to leave us behind - sorry to be so boring.

Hope it goes ahead, the sight will be great.

PS. The back road from Stonehenge to Longleat (through Chitterne) is brill, I do it every Friday, unfortunately not in the Soop.

G

Originally posted by Ouzolover

1, As we are in our mid 40s are we going to look like your grandparents keeping an eye on the kids ?

G

Having just glanced at peoples profiles the age range seems to be between 22 and 33 so far, but don't let that put you off! If you drive a Supra then you'll be welcome at the meet - simple as that! :)

2, As I need my licence and I'm currently "point free" (that's done it) I don't usually go over the point when I would get banned if zapped ! - are you all going to leave us behind - sorry to be so boring.

Me neither. I'll happily cruise at 80 between the destinations as I wont be familar with a lot of the roads. (Unless of course I need to teach a BMW driver he doesn't own the BMW lane! :D )

Come along! You'll enjoy it!

Hi all....

Would like to pop along and have a look (and hear) on Saturday, possibly meet at Stonehenge and finish at Haynes.

Two questions.....

Hope it goes ahead, the sight will be great.

PS. The back road from Stonehenge to Longleat (through Chitterne) is brill, I do it every Friday, unfortunately not in the Soop.

G

Hi there,

Welcome to the BBS.

1) Ages on this BBS range from teenagers to 60+ but I think the average is 30-odd roughly.

2) Depends on the individuals involved in the convoy. The idea is more to meet up at the next place than travel in a convoy the entire way, which means you're free to make your own time there. We have about an hour in each place, so you should be able to make it without trouble. Saying that, I rarely do more than 30 over (=instant ban), but it depends on who is about on the day. I can't speak for everybody, but I think most people will tend to stick together at 'sensible' speeds anyway.

Hope to see you there :)

-p

Thanks both.....

I didn't know if you would be going warp speed all the way !

But if you are only going to go "sensible speeds" I'll bring my Volvo and leave the Soop at home !!

Carefull on the road between Haytesbury & Crockerton (nice big Warminster by-pass) the they have had lists of 100 plus catches in the local paper for weeks.

Cheers

PS Look out for us, we will be the ones with the slippers & pipe on the back seat ! (Gunmetal RZ TT)

But if you are only going to go "sensible speeds" I'll bring my Volvo and leave the Soop at home !!

(Gunmetal RZ TT)

Hi and welcome to the board :)

Have to ask, if you've got a Volvo and a Supra and know full well that there will be a load of Supras there, then why bring the Volvo?

Plus there's not that many Gunmetal Supes so go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.......bring it along :D

You know it makes sense!!!

Originally posted by Jive

Hi and welcome to the board :)

Have to ask, if you've got a Volvo and a Supra and know full well that there will be a load of Supras there, then why bring the Volvo?

Plus there's not that many Gunmetal Supes so go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.......bring it along :D

You know it makes sense!!!

I think the Volvo would be the better option.. then we all have something to kill all day long :D

-p