The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southern Gumball Rally

mawby

I'm with Millhouse on the check points thing. IMO the meeting points should be organised and maybe a 'leaving from' time set but the journeys i think should be less organised. This doesn't mean people can't post up routes or help each other out, but i don't see that many of the meeting points will be far off of main A-roads, will they?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Steve W

so, you might be able to say:-

"**** Petrol Station @ ~****O'Clock,

**** Service Station @ ~****O'Clock......"

? ?

Something along the lines of...

(00 miles) -- Arrive 10:00 - This pub here - Leave 11:00

(10 miles) ---- Join M?? J? via local routes

(20 miles) ---- Leave M?? J? joining M?? J?

(30 mileS) ---- (Break) Services at J?

(50 miles) ---- (Petrol) Shell station at J?

(55 miles) ---- Leave M?? J?

(56 miles) ---- (Meet): Little Chef

(60 miles) -- Arrive 12:00 - Pub over there - Leave 12:30

...with seperate "local routes" directions from major routes to the destination for people who want them. I'll try and mark as many petrol stations on route so people know where they can get fuel from. I'll also mark some break points where people wishing to have a break from driving can do. Finally I'll mark a meeting point where those who are not late can meet before the next destination and travel in convoy.

Sound ok to everyone?

Originally posted by mawby

Yes, definitely the 20th, maybe the 21st once we've decided destinations and worked out how much travelling is involved.

Gutted... how often do you have these? Hopefully I'll make the next one, might even have mine on the road by then...

Originally posted by Supragal

Gutted... how often do you have these? Hopefully I'll make the next one, might even have mine on the road by then...

This will be our first one. I doubt we're have another one this year because winter will be on it's way, but we're probally have a couple more local meets instead.

I'm Confused...but I'm sure it will make sence to my small brain in an 'It'll be alright on the night' kinda way...still think Longleat or Haynes will be great places to visit....but I am happy to follow...Thing is you can't please everyone...I want to come down from Middlesex and be on it the whole way where ever it takes us...I'm happy to follow...its a great idea...

As much as some of us would like it to pass outside our front door I'm travelling at least 20 odd miles to join it so think everyone should be prepared for similiar distances....

Good Luck...and I'm def in on this one.

:)

:mad: Unfortunately I doesn't look like I will be able to join you guys at all (if anyone's interested) now after a 'coming together' with a stupid old lady fu**ing around in the road.

I am desperatly trying to get her fixed but it doesn't look good, its painfull seeing her smashed into a million pieces.

Anyway, I now need a front bumper, pair of headlights and the fixing brackets if anyones got one, I will ppost a note in the appropraite section soon when Branners gets my membership money (hopefully today).

HELP!!:twak:

Originally posted by Green Supra

I'm Confused...but I'm sure it will make sence to my small brain in an 'It'll be alright on the night' kinda way...

It will become a lot clearer once all the destinations are decided and we have an idea of where we're going!

Originally posted by Steve W2

:mad: Unfortunately I doesn't look like I will be able to join you guys at all (if anyone's interested) now after a 'coming together' with a stupid old lady fu**ing around in the road.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it'll be fixed before the Gumball and you can still come along.

Right, due to a little accident earlier :innocent: I've lost a name from the list above. There were 23 yesterday, now there's only 22 and I can't spot who it is. Answers on a postcard please! :D

I am desperatly trying to get her fixed but it doesn't look good, its painfull seeing her smashed into a million pieces.

Anyway, I now need a front bumper, pair of headlights and the fixing brackets if anyones got one, I will ppost a note in the appropraite section soon when Branners gets my membership money (hopefully today).

You did WHAT to an old bird?

Paul E has a stock bumper for sale here

Originally posted by mawby

Right, due to a little accident earlier :innocent: I've lost a name from the list above. There were 23 yesterday, now there's only 22 and I can't spot who it is. Answers on a postcard please! :D

Just been through all the posts on this thread and I can only make out 22 people. Supragal I did have down as a yes, but from the last few posts I gather she can't make it :(

There's still a fair few members who haven't said yes or no, JohnK, Dunk, Dude, Paul E, TRD3000GT, Andrew, Mandygladstone.

These were just from the BBQ meet (excluding Dude) but thought on the tour that Brighton or Newhaven might be a good cruise point so we could pick him up or just gatecrash his work and all get reprays :innocent:

Drivethrough resprays......nah it'll never catch on :stupid:

She was Okay, just a little shaken up, I however, was completely pissed off as you can imagine.

I am trying to get the car fixed as we speak but I don't think I am going to find the headlights and front bumper very easily.

Thanks for the offer of a ride though, I might be working on my car on the Sunday now.

I should get my SZR next week, if I do and can register it in time I will come down in that.

so only 22 ? we need to set a target of 30 ! :p im sure others dont visit this site as often so may add names nearer the date - how about some cheap flyers we can stick on supra windows if we see any parked up ? this would also be a good way of introducing the BBS

Originally posted by far

so only 22 ? we need to set a target of 30 ! :p im sure others dont visit this site as often so may add names nearer the date - how about some cheap flyers we can stick on supra windows if we see any parked up ? this would also be a good way of introducing the BBS

That's 22 for the Gumball. Once we have the destinations sorted we can probably get more "local" people to turn up at each place. 22 of us driving around, 30 or so at each stop. Sounds good to me! :D

but i havent got a camera man yet.....

OK

Yes I will be as well, although I'm in the same car/boat as millhouse, no cameraman/woman!

Well my GF's friend wanted to come but is too tall to fit in the back of my supra so if anyone needs a camerawoman let us know

I know people say that they are running 1.2 Bar daily on there cars but is it really okay to do this?

What in all of your epinions is a safe boost pressure to run at using a standard Jap spec GZ TT with only a Nur spec exhaust and both cats removed?

When do you need to start looking at uprated hoses, intercoolers and lower compression pistons, thicker head gaskets etc.?

Obviously I'm a spastic and can't find this out for myself and would relly appreciate some genuine opinions on the matter.:looney:

This is on the wrong thread how do I move it?

SORRY.