The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Southern Gumball Rally

mawby

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mid'lifecry'sis

errrr.... people think I am crazy 2, errrr but i dont laugh, they just look at me, at me, at me:looney:

I KNEW IT! Your disguise has slipped - that is the exact same image Mycroft uses as his avatar . . . .

Hmmmm... how is Newbury this time of year Mid?

R

Originally posted by roboldham

I KNEW IT! Your disguise has slipped - that is the exact same image Mycroft uses as his avatar . . . .

Hmmmm... how is Newbury this time of year Mid?

R

Can you continue this in the chit-chat section please.

Dates

20th and 21st should be ok..... :cool:

Attendees

millhouse (Springfield).....:D

Decisions to be made

1) Which counties to visit?

Hampshire

2) Which pubs to visit in those counties?

The Quays or Hot Shots Southampton Hampshire

Southsea Portsmouth Hampshire

Bournmouth Pier area Dorset

3) One day event or two?

Don't care

4) Supra only or invite selected other groups?

Supras only

20 names on the list!

This is going to be a fantastic event. Seriously kids, if you haven't put your name down, now's the time to do so - everybody loves convoys, and 20+ Supra convoy 'round the south-east is going to be great!

Get your name down, and if you're not in the south east - get your name down, then get down to the south east! :D

-p

Originally posted by mawby

4) Supra only or invite selected other groups?

Supras only: roboldham, HISUPE, pulse, Jive, millhouse

Invite others: far

Don't care: paul_y3k, Steve W

Looks like the general concensus is this should be a Supra only event then.

22 names down so far! That will be great convoy of Supra's! :D Anyone know what the largest convoy of Supra's has been so far? Answers here please, not on this thread. :thumbs:

I think it should be Supra's only for maximum impact.

If you visit Bournemouth there’s loads of good pubs, and plenty of parking close to the seafront for good photo ops. Only trouble is the local nova kids. I’m sure they will all be amazed at all the proper cars on show though

I'll second that. I'd love to show all those Nova tw*ts how it should be done, and like Tim said the parking is pretty good.

You could eevn get some shots on the clifftop overlooking the sea that would look really good.

There are also some good bars pretty close to big car parks as well.:devil:

My girl and I are up for this

oOO Might ask my lady to come too if people are bringing there gals - she can make use of herself and hold the camcorder - if not its gonna have to be me & one of my mates :innocent:

Originally posted by millhouse

i think we should not have planned routes

I disagree with this. I think there should be a planned route to make it easier for people not familar with the area. That doesn't mean to say people have to stick it, it's just I'd much rather someone local to the places we go to told me the best route to get there instead of me trying to figure it out for myself.

Originally posted by millhouse

also we should have a petrol station check piont every 100 to 200 miles

and check points before towns so we can convoy in to them

This is a fair point, and petrol station or supermarket on the clostest major road to our destination where we can meet and re-group before the actual destination. Again this means people with local knowledge can lead the rest of us through the minor roads we might not be familar with.