Southern Gumball Rally

mawby

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to thank Mawby for the day.

Hope you all got home OK.

We "forgot" to get off the M3 (was havin fun!) at our turn, and finished up in deepest Hampshire, going back via Stonehenge !

Had a great day.

Have fun today, wish we were there.....

Geeza- that convoy piccy is spot on mate!! Nice one :D

What a top day! Much better than normal one stop meets- gotta have more of these :thumbs:

And cheers for organising it too peeps!!! :respekt:

O, and thanks again Steve :hug:

Will get a few posted tomorrow and will post link when they're all hosted....

Flipping eck you lot didn't hang about posting!

Cheers Mawby, and everyone else who attended in fact. Its been a fantastic day - still smiling now :D Great cars, great people and great drives, what more can you ask for :)

Just uploading my pics now!

P.S - Apols to those at the Little Chef I never said bye to, we all kinda wandered to our cars then headed off!

P.P.S - The A281 back was a flipping hooooooj laff, I'll tell you what, its certainly not just a "Scooby" road ;)

P.P.P.S - Rosie or Faye, I can't remember who said it, but yes, that refil was a bad idea ;)

:D

It was a lovely little parking spot

Yeah, just a shame about the M25 right next to it ;) and the huge 18 wheelers chundering past!!!! :eek: Have to say I don't think I clocked that camera, bet they were wondering how long it would take us to pluck up the courage to reverse back into the services!

I knew the free refils would bite back!!!!!!

:p Well it seemed like a good idea at the time :D

Hiya all,

Back home now, completely picture-less for a change after successfully leaving my camera in the bag I took to Amsterdam..

Top day out and good to see some new, and some known faces. Kudos to Mawby for organising this, and to everybody who supplied suggestions - worked really well in the end.

At our peak, I think we had either 20 or 21 cars in convoy, which is damn impressive. We managed to find parking everywhere we went (even if it was in DFS instead of the pub we were meant to go to), and despite there being hundreds of bikes taking up the Box Hill stop.

All in all, great day, and I'm beat now.

-p

Thanks to everyone for turning up. Both days had there highlights, a record for the slowest convoy was achieved on Saturday at a whopping... wait for it... 18mph! That's right, no matter where we went or what roads we took, if it was slow and cumbersome then it was infront of us, and nine times out of ten we couldn't get past the bloody thing! Anyway, despite that the day was a relative success.

As for today, what can I say. This was a major success with over 20 of us from Box Hill to the near end. My appoligise for taking us to two pubs that were closed on Sunday's... but I think most will agree that the Little Chef at the end was actually a top place. They let us rearrange the tables so we were all sat together and provided some much wanted and needed grub!

I've certainly learnt a few lessons in Gumball planning this weekend, so hopefully the next one will be even better! I'll also consider the suggestions for a Cornwall camping weekend and a night time rally; watching the sun set in the West of the country and rallying to the East to watch it rise again.

Anyway, having done 320 miles today I'm now off to bed... just thought you'd like to know that! :) Thanks again to everyone for making this event the success it was!

Big thanks to Mawby for sorting this on out. Top day (well afternoon, hangover).:D

Nice to meet a few faces, didnt get round to speaking to most of you, but theres always next time.

Totally messed up Little Chef, came screaming onto the A23, played "watch it sonny!" with a GTiR and shot straight pass the place!