The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2022!!!!!

Annabella

4 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

Its very impressive isnt it?! If that the car that pitches up for the first race, Id be concerned about heat management in a hot, humid Singapore 

They'll probably have the constructors wrapped up by then so will be happy to just take it on the chin 😅

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dnk said:

Have Merc got a problem ? car doesn't look very nice the way it bobs up and down or porpoising as the Sky team call it 

I'm quite looking forward to qually to see just exactly who's where and by how much 

Every team had the same issue to a degree, some have got to the bottom of it faster than others

20 hours ago, Dnk said:

Have Merc got a problem ? car doesn't look very nice the way it bobs up and down or porpoising as the Sky team call it 

I'm quite looking forward to qually to see just exactly who's where and by how much 

Everyone seems to sandbag in the lead up but it seems like a few teams are having genuine problems this time round. Lando reckons he'll be racing againts the Hass's this year!

17 hours ago, Tyson said:

Must say I have missed all the pre season due to other commitments. Not even had a chance to watch drive to survive yet! Need to catch up.

I've got a love/hate relationship with DTS. It's great to watch a series about the sport that goes into so much detail, but the fabricating of a lot of the content is shocking. No wonder a lot of the drivers are beginning to swerve the interviews etc.

What a lovely ending 🤣

I saw/heard a whisper that the standard issue Marrelli fuel pump setups, supplied by the FIA, aren't up to surviving full race distances and may have been part of Gasly's failure as well as the Red Bull's. Also explained why there was little to no race distance testing done in the lead up to the weekend. The resin that encases the electronics are cracking over time, fuel is getting into the components and causing havoc. There are likely electronics in there for other parts of the car too (hybrid unit aka Max's failure)

Whether or not all teams know this and are trying to manage it, I'm not sure. It may also be a load of made up nonsense, but thought it was an interesting take.

• Like 2