The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Pesto

SPG

20 hours ago, safcdixon said:

Just caught up with this now mate, wow you werent kidding when you mentioned there was a spot of rust 😳, seems about the same as the grey one i bust up for parts, Awesome work Sunny looks great so far 

Thanks Marc, trust me I wasn’t bargaining on the level of work that’s went in. 

20 hours ago, raddys said:

Nice, how long till it back together and we can see the pics 😁

It’s actually almost back together now, just waiting on parts from TCB but the pandemic has slowed down the distribution channels for the new parts arriving. Just need to get these updates loaded, and writing some description of each bit takes a little bit time 😁.

19 hours ago, jim_supra said:

Looking forward to seeing the finished paint in full, will definitely be lurking for more pics!

Are you still looking to keep it a completely standard car as it would have left the factory (except LSD as in your first post)?

Hey Jim, I will be reverting back to the NA-5Speed set up yeah, also keeping the LSD as i feel it should have come like this from the factory. I have upgraded certain parts on the car like the Suspension, I’ve went with Tein Mono-Flex Coilovers so that I could get the ride height set the way I want it, and the added adjustability. Being a NA it would be rude not to decat it, so I’ve added some these to a Stainless 3” system. Interior will be receiving different seats, but I will post these later on, and the sound system has just had a light upgrade. 

other than that I might be adding facelift fronts as they will break up the white nicely, and I’ve sourced a Facelift center bar and front indicators. 

19 hours ago, Rob W said:

Enjoying the updates, great work 👍

7 hours ago, mellonman said:

Very satisfying to see the transformation great work saving another supra 

Thanks very much guys, I’ll get the paint shots up next and I honestly couldn’t recognise the car compared to what it started like 😁

13 hours ago, Spike3.0 said:

Unreal, you had a challenge there! 

I've never seen anything like that on a Supra, whereas in the Nissan 350z world its extremely common. 

Huge kudos to you for putting in the work, it looks amazing now! 

Thanks Spike, I’d like to think that this was a very tired example and that most cars out there are in a better state overall.

But I suppose with the age of our cars getting on, preventative measures or refurbishment of components is going to be a trending topic. 

1 hour ago, Josh42 said:

Lovely, thorough, job as always mate. 
Can't wait to see her together!

1 hour ago, evinX said:

😍

Thanks Chaps, I was super happy with the outcome, and here she was fresh out of the oven, a stark contrast to how she began her journey I’m sure you’ll agree. 

1136640A-D01C-48FB-A261-B177FF3C3E01.jpeg

78859481-00A8-42C0-A78D-942B14B895C6.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pudsey said:

Christ what a difference.

The factory white looks super crisp, awesome job by the looks of it.

You must be super happy with the outcome.

3 hours ago, jim_supra said:

Very, very nice and a long way from where it started, will almost be a shame to get it dirty once it's back together!

Absolutely over the moon chaps, very satisfying after all the challenges. 

Will be sad to see this one drive off with whoever the new owner is, when the time comes, as I’ve tried to be involved in most aspects of the project. 

I think that’s probably been the driving factor for the spending acceptance 😅.

As you can see from the pics above the glass was installed and a new seal was used both back and from. I spend a fair bit of time cleaning up the screen and scraping off any buildup. 

Front and Rear seals were ordered at TCB.

Screen going back in: 

6201894A-2A52-47DE-8D5B-0C3681AF8312.jpeg

A0F4E59B-4C2B-4748-B087-BB2E1C971629.jpeg

A7C0B3CD-1497-4E4E-B79B-DFBC336C3B60.jpeg

E10CAFFB-E778-401E-846C-D01AB99A3FF9.jpeg

56026228-CA89-451E-B410-8FFB5A5CF201.jpeg

2C11C40E-E764-46DD-A2A5-A7779E0A5DB5.jpeg

6E68164C-0F8F-4C03-A89C-A14E39D75DE0.jpeg

• Like 2