Make:

Toyota

Model:

RZ Twin Turbo 6 spd

Year:

Facelift:

Pre-facelift

Mileage:

Odometer was in kilometers until 02/12/2017 when it was converted to miles. Total kms at change 105,477. Miles covered since that time 13,951. Therefore total mileage circa 79,491.

MOT remaining:

MOT to September

Service history:

- Part service history

- Many invoices for parts and work carried out in recent years

- Long MOT history online form date of import in 2007 validates low mileage

Car's location:

Manchester

Modifications:

- BPU engine mods including Whifbitz exhaust

- BC coilovers and strut brace

- Race logic traction control

- Turbo timer

- AEM oil pressure gauge

- AEM Tru Boost gauge with fuel cut

- Unmarked staggered 18” Japan Racing wheels in bronze

- Almost new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres

- Custom heavy pile Supra mats

- Nardi steering wheel

Good bits:

Drivetrain completely refreshed – gearbox rebuilt, diff rebuilt, new clutch and flywheel. Work carried out by Suprasport in Haarlem and Chris Wilson in Whitchurch.

Interior in very good condition.

Car has had many new parts in last three years.

The 110 mph factory limiter is still in place suggesting car has never been tracked or dragged.

Long MOT history is available online since the car was first imported validating the mileage.

Car has had recent oil and filter service and cam belt last changed 1,600 miles ago.

Not many of these cars remain now, especially unmolested ones still on factory twin turbo set up. This one has been thoroughly overhauled in last few years.

This car will be eligible for import to the US next year. Everyone seems to get a bit overexcited about this and the potential for it to affect values, but it does seem that prices are only likely to go one way over the years to come. Seems likely that they will begin to harmonise with their NSX and R34 GTR cousins over time.

Bad bits:

- Diff currently has two OEM mount bushings and two solid bushings so can be a tad clunky on gear change

- Passenger side electric mirror not currently working (will investigate once lockdown is over)

- Driver's side seat bolster has some wear

Additional:

I have some extra parts in the garage which may be included with the car at extra cost.

- Fully refurbished UK spec front calipers in red

- Refurbished and unmarked Work F-Zero wheels with tyres

- OMP steering wheel

PRICE

£28,750

I have a number of cars and have decided to sell my Supra and my 6 Series to put the money into something new, so time for this car to be passed on to someone new.

Please PM for contact details.

20200229_121849_resized_1.jpg

Edited by James Junior (see edit history)

This car will be eligible for import to the US next year. Everyone seems to get a bit overexcited about this and the potential for it to affect values,

Not this particular everyone.

There are quite a few changes for an unmolested example. It could be worthwhile giving some detail on the gearbox and diff work. Was it and is it still a factory V160 manual with LSD diff and have the ratios been altered or was it just synchro or seal work on the original box? It's unusual to have a major transmission and differential overhaul especially on a super low mileage car unless the owner is looking to change the drive ratio as the one thing the Supra is famous for is its bulletproof engine and drive gearing.

There are quite a few changes for an unmolested example. It could be worthwhile giving some detail on the gearbox and diff work. Was it and is it still a factory V160 manual with LSD diff and have the ratios been altered or was it just synchro or seal work on the original box? It's unusual to have a major transmission and differential overhaul especially on a super low mileage car unless the owner is looking to change the drive ratio as the one thing the Supra is famous for is its bulletproof engine and drive gearing.

When I bought the car the box was crunching into second and sometimes third gear going up the box. It didn't feel like it was moving cleanly from second to third either. The feedback I got from other owners was 'they all do that'. Had the box opened up and inspected and the synchros were worn, whilst the tips on second and third gear were also showing signs of wear. Suprasport stripped the box, cleaned everything up, replaced second and third gear and the damaged synchros.

When I got the car back there still seemed to be some noise coming from the diff so took it to Chris Wilson. He test drove it and said the car was in keeping with others of similar age and mileage, but I wanted it spot on. He investigated the diff and found signs of wear, so rebuilt it for me. The clutch and DMF were also showing signs of wear, so I had them changed at the same time as it made sense whilst the car was on the ramp.

The diff, clutch and DMF are all OEM. The gearbox has not been modified, just rebuilt using SupraSports gear components.

Everyone says the gearboxes are bullet proof in Supras, yet when I was first looking for one, some forum members suggested going the TT auto route due to more issues beginning to emerge with the manual boxes. These cars are getting on a bit now and nothing lasts forever. I've taken time and money making sure my car is in good order, just as I do with all my cars.

Thanks Simon. Going to give her a fresh detail tomorrow and see if I can figure out why the electric passenger side wing mirror has stopped working.

Started to get some genuine enquiries now lockdown is lifting, some of which have been via the forum which is good.

Had some right idiot time wasters on eBay. I'd forgotten the joys of selling cars privately on there... :rolleyes:

Thanks all. Frustrating but just one of those things, no hard feelings. She's a third car so not in regular use and safely tucked up in my garage in the meantime.

Going to take some fresh photos this evening and relist on ebay again. Have had interest from a few other parties including another chap via the forum. Seems a very genuine guy and serious, but my car is just out of budget. I feel no need to accept less than she's worth given how nice a car she is and that I have no time pressure.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Took the car up to Holme Moss to take some fresh photos. Feels mighty out on the open road warbling and wailing. Going to relist it on eBay again this evening.

In the meantime, here are some better photos...

And one more back at base tucked up with her little sister... :)

[img]https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/100323662_10163952410400195_3580504391163052032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=qxR3yxxKbhUAX8KQk72&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=36f13d63f83fda16f605564ee03ab319&oe=5EF1AFC8[/img]

Lovely car, odd as I had the opposite car colours in my garage last year. Black rev 5 turbo. Red 93 TT auto supra.

Sadly can't justify the cost of the 6speed or I'd have messaged you.

My supra took 6month to sell and it was in amazing Condition, but was winter time.

However my mr2 sold in 1 day last week on ebay. Was listed for the same price for 3 months over Xmas period and then sold in February. Purchased it back 10 days later.

This will sell even tho lockdown and no work for many, some still have money.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.