The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coronavirus Or The Virus From China

Frank Bullitt

Becoming a biological scientist is to acquire a 4-year bachelor degree in biology. An aspiring biological scientist takes classes in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and computer science. General education requirements might include English, a foreign language, communications, social sciences and arts.

Why does this list not include an O level in common sense?

Common sense is not a subject that is taught at school nor does it appear to be taught at home, especially not in certain households. Given the recent events, I am of the opinion that it perhaps ought to be a standalone subject taught at school.

Edited by Mo Reviews (see edit history)

I can understand that there are not enough delivery slots available for everyone to have a grocery home delivery, but I can't understand why so many folks are queuing up to run a Russian Roulette Gauntlet of Death in the Supermarkets, in preference to using the Click & Collect service?

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I can understand that there are not enough delivery slots available for everyone to have a grocery home delivery, but I can't understand why so many folks are queuing up to run a Russian Roulette Gauntlet of Death in the Supermarkets, in preference to using the Click & Collect service?

Unfortunately, the earliest click and collect slot is 3 weeks away in our area.

Unfortunately, the earliest click and collect slot is 3 weeks away in our area.

Can't get a slot here with any of the main supermarkets now, i got 1 slot with Asda but even though people i knew

had been in there that morning and said there was plenty of milk etc half my order wasn't there and no milk

I'm using a local small village shop now and bollocks to big players, i was the only person in there last monday

and got everything i needed

If Supermarkets actually cared for their employees and customers instead of their profits, they could adopt delivery and click & collect only services.

This would free up staff to meet online demand, provide a safer working environment for their staff and be safer for their customers too.

Money-money-money...............

If Supermarkets actually cared for their employees and customers instead of their profits, they could adopt delivery and click & collect only services.

This would free up staff to meet online demand, provide a safer working environment for their staff and be safer for their customers too.

But there's money to be made... who cares about the pawns? :rolleyes:

Anyone else having problems with this thread? It doesn't ever show under the What's new? at the top of the page when anyone posts...

I reported it to the mods a while ago but haven't received a reply. I guess they are all too busy again?!

The Cryto Currency thread in Off Topic pops up in "new posts", but it appears that any Coronavirus topics are being subdued.

Maybe it is regarded as bad for business here too?

I have no sympathy for dimwits who choose to put themselves, and others, at risk.

Coronavirus lockdown: fresh data on compliance.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-lockdown-fresh-data-on-compliance-and-public-opinion-135872

The dimmer folks are, the less they "get it", maybe coronavirus should be explained to them as "Invisible Jumping Spiders"?

My Dimwit neighbour and her extended Dimwit family think this National Emergency is a National Holiday!

Because our location is tucked out of the way, they keep turning up here for Lala!

At least 4 shopping trips a week with either one daughter or the other, 3 family get together's a week with daughters, sons in law, grandchildren and/or brother and family and 2 days of 4 grandchildren from 2 families running about out front in the open plan gardens.

I am waiting for her to get carted off in a hearse so I can go out and do some socially distanced weeding!

A tighter lock-down must be on the cards?

Same here... though, it does go dark blue/bold if someone posts something new.

Forum going funky again?

The Cryto Currency thread in Off Topic pops up in "new posts", but it appears that any Coronavirus topics are being subdued.

Maybe it is regarded as bad for business here too?

Bad for everything mate, could be worse. We might not own a Supra and that really would be shyte!

But there's money to be made... who cares about the pawns? :rolleyes:

But people can't get a slot for 2-3 weeks so no chance of anyone going full home delivery? It's just currently not viable, they are ramping up but what was I wonder the percentage of home deliveries before all this, pretty small I'd imagine?

I have never understood the fascination/addiction of Shopping Ritual, especially since almost anything and everything can be ordered with the click of a button and delivered to your door, have had my groceries and all other shopping delivered for years, all it takes is a few tins in the cupboard and a little forward planning. Maybe Shopping Ritual is a throwback to a primeval foraging instinct, that is more prevalent in women than men?

I am in the group instructed to practise social shielding for 12 weeks and consequently, in total lock-down isolation. Furthermore, I am severely physically disabled and unfortunately, at this time also have another extreme ailment that under normal circumstances I would have been admitted into Hospital for treatment. Nevertheless, I am still able to manage my life without the assistance of others. Shopping Ritual is the least of my concerns.

• Pete locked this topic
  • Pete unlocked this topic