The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chasing the bog rolls

rider

I live in a rural community with one Co-op and small Tesco Express,the shelves are cleared due to panic buying,i am more concerned about lack of food to buy,bog rolls ,pasta hand wash ,paracetamol all went about two weeks ago.I have emailed Scottish Parliament regarding issuing Ration Books to stop the stockpilers.

Three days in a row our local Sainsburys has stocked up overnight and opened at 8.00 with the first hour reserved for the elderly and frail. Each day the shelves have been empty by 9.00 with hordes of "younger" people barging in. On day three they have brought in security (no disrespect, but well-meaning people on minimum wage in a cheap uniform), which didn't help. I suggested arming the security staff, I suspect you would only have to shoot a few of these selfish wankers to put a stop to it, they might not even die although if they did they probably wouldn't be missed. And this is in so called sophisticated Marlow in leafy south Buckinghamshire

I can understand panic buying to a degree as a lot of people are scared but a trolley full

of loo roll begs belief

Shops profiteering out of this will i think pay the price in the future, i definitely wont be using any locally if i find out about them

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I know it's ultimately dirty politics, but somewhat naively, I expected more from our government in a time of crisis.

Evidently, there exists an international pandemic where the most vulnerable people, will be paying the price of their respective government's political tactics with their lives.

As for looting, rioting and general anarchy, I forsee that happening irrespective of these tactics. They may delay them, but I feel that in the circumstances, they are inevitable.

One of my neighbors has been round twice and i now have 16 tins of Guinness in my garage :)

Sadly i've got a really bad pain in my back tooth and trying to get into a dentists is impossible.

I've found one local one who's waiting on a special face mask and hopes he'll have it tomorrow

morning and will have me in when he does

One of my neighbors has been round twice and i now have 16 tins of Guinness in my garage :)

Sadly i've got a really bad pain in my back tooth and trying to get into a dentists is impossible.

I've found one local one who's waiting on a special face mask and hopes he'll have it tomorrow

morning and will have me in when he does

You need the N95 type mask bud, but even those are only 95% effective. Nothing is infallible.

However, beyond all the hysteria, hype and panic, I still stand by my estimated

I haven't ventured into any shops but I have been driving past the local retail park and today dropped in for fuel at the supermarket pumps. The retail park was rammed over the weekend but, it was really quiet today. It's amazing what happens when McDonalds closes down but potentially good news for shelves being fully restocked soon. It's beginning to look like some people have finally figured out that those 100 toilet rolls fought over will last anyone a good amount of time and the primeval needs have at last been satisfied.