The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

That's because hes the voice of a leader and no beating around the bush, he says, he does and get it done! Something of which our PM lacks, unless you are a fan of something like Fox hunting..

People will disagree with me but that's why he had over 8 mil votes and I know many people wanted to vote him but votes conservatives just so labor wouldn't win!

During the election we always hear how parties will do this.... and make that better, but where would the money come from to do this? Taxes, but they wouldn't say.

When Ukip were up and the expenses for the improving services like hospitals ect, Nigel Farage made it clear it would be pulling from the EU is were the money would come from and we will save BILLIONS!! about £118billion per year to be more accurate

Out of the EU all way!!! Imagine that £118 billion going into schools and the emergency services, VAT could be lowered which UKIP wanted to do.

Lets see Britain somewhat Britain again! And let our leaders decide what is best for the UK not some board of douchbags

I do like most, if not all, of what he says. Would he be able to deliver though is the only worry.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN ! And the reason being ive driven hgv 1 all over Europe carring every type of product from, hazardous liquids in bulk ( tankers ) , to fresh fish , poultry , lamb etc etc. ( in fridge trailers ) , and all in between .I have witnessed first hand the amount of trade that is exported to Europe , and of course we import a great deal of materials that are brought into the UK not only by foreign drivers , but by British drivers on their return load . Now the amount of UK workers all over Britain that work in industry will see a lowering in wages , as its my opinion that the rest of the EU will look to other countries to supply their needs , thus keeping trade within the boundries of the Eu , which if voted to leave Europe we would lose out in trade and ultimately a loss of UK jobs.

Really? Its because the Eu exists and new member countries have been allowed in that has changed the haulage industry in Europe. Just look at how Wayberers grew out of Hungariocamion as soon as Hungary joined up. Why do you think many Eu operators now register in Bulgaria and operate throughout Europe cutting the prices to a level that way undercuts anything we can compete with? Its probably too late now, but in fact its the very existence of the Eu that is killing the UK freight industry, we stay in and in a very short period of time you wont be driving anywhere, but Ion, Vlad, Stefan and Dumitru will be.

OK so on the plus side the waiting games at Nickelsdorf and crossings like it have all but come to an end but that helps all operators and has provided a even playing field, but otherwise the UK industry cant hope to even come close to competing. Even the big long established players like Willy Betz have suffered and to stay in existence are having to move ops, at the expense of German driver's jobs.

I really don't get why anybody thinks this will happen.

Why would anyone stop trading with us?

Other EU countries might stop trading with us because it's cheaper to buy the same goods from elsewhere in the EU. What does Britain export that can't be bought elsewhere in Europe?

I believe the EU as we have come to know it is in its death throws. Like all partnerships it was fine until a financial imbalance occurred between member countries with some defaulting. Add in the migrant situation, which gets worse by the day despite the BBC pretending it's not happening until the referendum is over, and the southern borders will be closed. Pressure on the more Liberal states will become intolerable to capitulate to allowing them in. Then things will get nasty. So, in or out, I foresee the Europe being unrecognisable in the EU sense in 2 years or so. If not actually at war.

As for the USA this post on another forum amused me earlier this morning:

"Trumpty Dumpty will be elected this Fall, and Trumpty Dumpty will build a huge wall.

All the King's horses and all the King's men, will make our America great once again"

Other EU countries might stop trading with us because it's cheaper to buy the same goods from elsewhere in the EU. What does Britain export that can't be bought elsewhere in Europe?

We don't, and can't trade on price. It is incompatible with a high wage economy like ours, although the current state of the pound must been a boon for exports.

We don't, and can't trade on price. It is incompatible with a high wage economy like ours, although the current state of the pound must been a boon for exports.

As above.

Also most products are already cheaper in the EU aren't they?

I believe the EU as we have come to know it is in its death throws.

Agree with this.

In as much as the continued expansion aspirations and the 'ever closer union'. But there will always be the desire from the likes of Germany and France to have a trade union purely so that they are not stepping on each other's toes regarding export markets.

Also its not only the UK that dislike the 'ever closer union' but also numerous other EU members.

And without a strong growing EU economy it would be impossible to support and develop the 'near 3rd world' countries that are likely to be invited in to the club.

With Greece, Spain, Italy and others on near bankruptcy, it does look grim for the EU.

Its not an environment that would be good for the UK, and all the fear mongering about the pound being 'damaged' by us leaving, I see it completely opposite - the pound should be in a much better position not being tied so tightly with a dire economic situation within the EU.

(The pound sterling fear mongering as it happens is primarily coming from Goldman Sachs investment bank corporation - the same company that pushed for the UK to enter the EU in the very beginning - more impartial opinion would be better I think).

Also its not only the UK that dislike the 'ever closer union' but also numerous other EU members.

And without a strong growing EU economy it would be impossible to support and develop the 'near 3rd world' countries that are likely to be invited in to the club.

Turkey.

Turkey are poor, and have a huge population. It also shares borders with Iraq, Iran and Syria. Say goodbye to any notion of security once they're admitted. The fact they're being granted visa free travel around Europe this year is bad enough. In addition to that, they're abandoning their fine tradition of secularism in favour of Islamism, they're provoking Russia, and it appears that at some level at least the Turkish state has been assisting ISIS. Giving them representation in the EU parliament would be a disaster.

Its not an environment that would be good for the UK, and all the fear mongering about the pound being 'damaged' by us leaving, I see it completely opposite - the pound should be in a much better position not being tied so tightly with a dire economic situation within the EU.

(The pound sterling fear mongering as it happens is primarily coming from Goldman Sachs investment bank corporation - the same company that pushed for the UK to enter the EU in the very beginning - more impartial opinion would be better I think).

Also, the same Goldman Sachs that is bankrolling the remain campaign, and who's 'ex' employees can be found working in the top level of many governments. The corruption is rife.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35366994

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/greek-debt-crisis-how-goldman-sachs-helped-greece-to-mask-its-true-debt-a-676634.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/how-goldman-sachs-took-over-the-world-873869.html

https://aregan.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/the-european-government-of-goldman-sachs/

The falling apart at the seams has commenced :)

Greece recalls ambassador from Austria amid sharp EU divisions over migrant crisis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35658776

It's disgusting that once again, Greece is being treated like the whipping boy of the EU. All this talk about Europe wide cooperation is a con.

The EU should never have been involved in this migrant crisis, it should have been brought to NATO.

It's disgusting that once again, Greece is being treated like the whipping boy of the EU. All this talk about Europe wide cooperation is a con.

The EU should never have been involved in this migrant crisis, it should have been brought to NATO.

The crisis is the main reason why I'm voting out - because of the utterly inept and inhuman failures of the EU in managing it.

The crisis is the main reason why I'm voting out - because of the utterly inept and inhuman failures of the EU in managing it.

Exactly. Frau Merkel unilaterally handed out an invite to refugees, and the economic migrants saw it as a green light. She then tried to inflict forced quotas on all the EU countries, which she had no right to do. And now, because of her reckless actions, the Greeks are suffering, and the solution is to close the gates and make them deal with it.

I'm baffled by how she is able to keep her job. I wonder how many genuine refugees have either died or ended up in slavery by the traffickers, thanks to her irresponsible rhetoric?