The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capital controls still in place for the person on the street, meant to be gradually easing and the risk of a deposit 'haircut' lessening apparently...I agree it's little discussed these days.

Greece was obviously one country in the doldrums, what about Italy, Portugal, Spain & even France - these EU member states were all on a knife edge & thanks to the refugee crisis no one seems to be talking about the main issue with the EU.

Its a failure of the discussion if we simply orchestrate around immigration, migrants and refugees...

[video=youtube;7IWOjb86-EM]

finally an interview that doesn't go on and on about immigration.....

fundamentally Boris talks about Europe trying to be a super country and the ramifications of that on the UK.

Now Europe are signing a deal with Turkey to give them our taxpayers money to bribe them to accept illegals back, but on the basis of each one back Europe accepts a replacement from the official refugee camps in Syria. Plus they get no visa travel into Europe in June 2016. I am sure that won't be abused.... So for however many billion they get to spend, probably corruptly, they also get to send their own miscreants into Europe. To me the maths say we pay £500 million Sterling and get even more migrants coming. What a great deal!

You just couldn't make it up.

Every single person in the EU, from newborns to those on their deathbeds, have just given Turkey €12.

Governments are terrible at keeping perspective with their taxpayers money. But the EU is so far removed from the electorate, that to them €6b is nothing.

I'm pretty certain it was only the other day that I mentioned on here that the EU solution to every problem is to chuck money at it...

Was interested to see the bank of england governor advising us against leaving Europe considering he is Canadian and won't have a vote,while his homeland arranges a trade deal with E U .

:) - they are so very concerned about the democratic system in play..... This country was a great country before the EU and no doubts still has the capacity to be after we leave it.

Was interested to see the bank of england governor advising us against leaving Europe considering he is Canadian and won't have a vote,while his homeland arranges a trade deal with E U .

Probably just thinking about the impact it would have on the TTIP and how that would effect Canada.

Excellent, impartial, fact based peice in the Observer today.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/20/britons-on-europe-survey-results-opinium-poll-referendum

When you consider the voter intention with voter turnout, and the scathing analysis of the perceptions on immigration, the article indicates a pretty strong feeling towards Brexit.

Excellent, impartial, fact based peice in the Observer today.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/mar/20/britons-on-europe-survey-results-opinium-poll-referendum

When you consider the voter intention with voter turnout, and the scathing analysis of the perceptions on immigration, the article indicates a pretty strong feeling towards Brexit.

Are there is the problem with allowing the great unwashed to vote. What a scary set of the results from opinions formed by misinformation and propaganda.

The stereotype questions at the end were amusing.

78% of Britons say they would prefer George Osborne to miss his economic target of a budget surplus by 2019/20 if this meant, as recent analysis has suggested, that the number of immigrants coming to the UK would need to exceed current levels. Even 58% of Europhiles would prefer to miss those economic targets if they required increased immigration. Of course, it’s entirely possible that some may wish Osborne to miss his budget targets for reasons completely unrelated to immigration.

So wait...we'd prefer the country to be in a weaker financial position when we can start spending more on public services like the NHS and education than letting a few more people through the gates?

I went to IKEA in Birmingham Friday night (living the dream!) and quite frankly any complaints people have about immigration are already met. No exaggerations, at least 50% of people there were either speaking in a foreign language or were not from English white heritage. I don't see it out here in sleepy Shropshire.

The immigration numbers are a drop in the ocean compared to what we already have.

Turkey appears to be going down the pan faster than anticipated :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/president-erdogan-says-freedom-and-democracy-have-no-value-in-turkey-amid-arrests-and-military-a6938266.html

Such a shame to see a once proud, world leading secular nation becoming just another hell hole. :(

Seems quite reasonable to me. I have to agree with this statement:

On Monday, the President had vowed to extend the legal definition of “terrorists” to include MPs, activists and journalists.

“It is not only the person who pulls the trigger, but those who made that possible who should also be defined as terrorists, regardless of their title,” Mr Erdogan said.

parking the refugees crisis aside for the moment - what happened to the Greek debt & "lack of" economy situation, no one seems to be talking about that anymore?

They're still rapidly inventing new laws every other day designed to eek money out of anyone that has a little bit and yet still playing blissful ignoranance of the super rich that squirrel away their money in places Greece can't get to it.

There are plenty of people still talking about it in Greece. That's the beauty of the media, you are fed what they think is interesting for viewing figures.

Out!!!! As really fu&/ed off with all the crap pushed are way sort out the elderly and needy that is British and has payed in tax's for YEARS!!! :

Figure out a way to pass less tax then. I don't expect a pension so am wise enough to work on some different tactics when it comes to retirement. Too many people in this country seem to think that by paying taxes the state should look after them. WAKE UP! You have to look after yourselves. Any old person that's still renting at £600 a month is going to be stuffed.

My mother in law was recently widowed, she has no money but the house is paid for. She'll get £90 a week, no council tax to pay and just some energy and food outgoings. She'll cope fine.

Stop buying crap you don't need and invest in your future. Go read Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

Needy? I've seen plenty abusers of disability benefits, motobility car scams and the like. Too many people just wanting handouts, and they certainly aren't all immigrants.

What about this one, whilst you're all being diverted away with the Euro debate the government are trying to sneak something through with "Look over there!" tactics.

Theresa May has cobbled together a shoddy document which is currently being uncontested by any MPs in parliament. The Investigatory Powers Bill got through the second reading last week.

This document is outrageously ill-concieved out by people that have no comprehension of IT, yet could affect each and everyone of you.

I for one am very pleased that even if this document gets through parliament as law - the EU should rightfully block it and tell her to go and write something which is not in contradiction to our human right laws. Thank goodness someone is keeping an eye on our politicians I say!

UK spying bill not fit for purpose

7 Problems with the Snoopers Charter

investigatory-powers-bill-snoopers-charter-lacks-clarity-ms-warn

facebook-google-twitter-investigatory-powers-bill

Whilst Apple is doing the right thing and enforcing our privacy by placing the security keys in our own hands, the UK government is doing its damnedest to erode our privacy to nothing.

Every click you make, tracked. Every torrent you use. Every pair of t1ts you look at monitored. Every message sent to friends. Good luck to you if you're a sarcastic grumpy bugger like me who types something for a laugh into a forum every so often.

How about stopping your Internet connection and imposing a fine up to £10,000 per infringement?

What if your electric records get mixed up with some kiddy fiddlers records?

Where does the money come from for the ISPs to tackle this? Your Internet bill. Immense cost to the end user. Slower internet services. The tech industry is dead. The concept of a tech startup gone. Talent going overseas...

ARM processors? Not from the UK anymore.

Kernel development? Not here.

But the dribbling masses will only moan when they can't buy an iPhone in the UK, get the latest apps or pay twice as much for digital content.

What about this one, whilst you're all being diverted away with the Euro debate the government are trying to sneak something through with "Look over there!" tactics.

Theresa May has cobbled together a shoddy document which is currently being uncontested by any MPs in parliament. The Investigatory Powers Bill got through the second reading last week.

This document is outrageously ill-concieved out by people that have no comprehension of IT, yet could affect each and everyone of you.

I for one am very pleased that even if this document gets through parliament as law - the EU should rightfully block it and tell her to go and write something which is not in contradiction to our human right laws. Thank goodness someone is keeping an eye on our politicians I say!

UK spying bill not fit for purpose

7 Problems with the Snoopers Charter

investigatory-powers-bill-snoopers-charter-lacks-clarity-ms-warn

facebook-google-twitter-investigatory-powers-bill

Whilst Apple is doing the right thing and enforcing our privacy by placing the security keys in our own hands, the UK government is doing its damnedest to erode our privacy to nothing.

Every click you make, tracked. Every torrent you use. Every pair of t1ts you look at monitored. Every message sent to friends. Good luck to you if you're a sarcastic grumpy bugger like me who types something for a laugh into a forum every so often.

How about stopping your Internet connection and imposing a fine up to £10,000 per infringement?

What if your electric records get mixed up with some kiddy fiddlers records?

Where does the money come from for the ISPs to tackle this? Your Internet bill. Immense cost to the end user. Slower internet services. The tech industry is dead. The concept of a tech startup gone. Talent going overseas...

ARM processors? Not from the UK anymore.

Kernel development? Not here.

But the dribbling masses will only moan when they can't buy an iPhone in the UK, get the latest apps or pay twice as much for digital content.

Most of our prices and tax is because of the EU.

The EU dictates what tax is applied and how much VAT.

No wonder why companies are going abroad because it's cheaper.

EU regulations are a massive tax evasion haven for a lot of companies.

Ever wonder why that is?

And you think the UK is the only country to monitor everything on the Internet and phones?

That we certainly are not.

And the EU human rights laws are pathetic.

Criminals are allowed into the UK because it is their human right.

We can't send forgiven criminals home because it's against their human rights.

We can't ban drivers will more than 12 points if they need it for their non English speaking, non working wife because it's against their human rights.

I'm sorry, but this pattern of human rights is mental.

The public have always had a day when it comes to our parliament, but we don't have any say with the EU.

That alone should scare people.

Are there is the problem with allowing the great unwashed to vote. What a scary set of the results from opinions formed by misinformation and propaganda.

The stereotype questions at the end were amusing.

So wait...we'd prefer the country to be in a weaker financial position when we can start spending more on public services like the NHS and education than letting a few more people through the gates?

People think like that, because they've been ignored for too long. Politicians sticking their fingers in their ears, closing their eyes and screaming racist at anyone who questioned mass immigration has lead to this.

Depending on immigration to fund our public services has in effect transformed our public finances into a giant ponzi scheme. And vast swathes of our country no longer resemble Britain culturally, immigration without integration has proven to be disastrous.